Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favor for someone with official forum access

2»

Comments

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited November 2015
    munsil42 said:
    Malabooga said:
    munsil42 said:
    People just don't read..from the patch notes:
    Healing power increase by Influence level has been increased. That means that as you scale up Influence levels with a Companion they will get more powerful per level than before.

Omg we have to give them gifts now and work on our companions?! Wait, wait...didn't we before?

"So with 4.0.2 we have brought their effectiveness down quite a bit"

Yup, guess who cannot read.
    So what is a bit in your book? 10%? 20%? 100%? We don't even know, the fact is you didn't even try it out, you quit before the patch even hit. And if you even read what I quoted, they said the power they get from influence is more powerful then BEFORE aka more powerful than 4.0.1. That means you might actually have to work on your companion influence to make them more powerful, possibly what they actually intended from the start.
    Oh, numbers were out before it was all deleted on official forums. Theyre still available....elswhere.

Why didnt they post any numbers in patch notes then huh? Along with NOT fixing crapton of bugs that makes tanking stance useleless?

"we "fixed" threat generation"

"did you fix companons having NO defence stats whatsoever?"

"nope"

"awesome"

at least until now you could use heal stance as "tank stance" (yay?), but since theyre nerfing it....good luck.

And nobody cares if youre immortal on starter planets, that was true since...launch really.
    Post edited by Malabooga on
  • FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Malabooga said:
    munsil42 said:
    Healing power increase by Influence level has been increased. That means that as you scale up Influence levels with a Companion they will get more powerful per level than before.

Omg we have to give them gifts now and work on our companions?! Wait, wait...didn't we before?

"So with 4.0.2 we have brought their effectiveness down quite a bit"

Yup, guess who cannot read.
    Actually you're both right.  The base effectiveness have been brought down AND the increase by influence level has been increased. How much the endresult on a level 50 influence companion will be remains to be seen,  but acusing him for not beeing able to read while aparently not reading the full patchnotes yourself is just stupid.  Maybe you should check patchnotes before making such acusations.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Malabooga said:
    Fanboi brigade is here. So will any of you post it or not huh?

Its just a bit of feedback, just as they ask to do.

Maybe you should see how it worked out before saying it didn't work?  I'm hardly a fanboi I was the one who started the article about how they were too strong.  Isn't that against fanboi rules to say a game has done something wrong?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited November 2015
    filmoret said:
    Malabooga said:
    Fanboi brigade is here. So will any of you post it or not huh?

Its just a bit of feedback, just as they ask to do.

Maybe you should see how it worked out before saying it didn't work?  I'm hardly a fanboi I was the one who started the article about how they were too strong.  Isn't that against fanboi rules to say a game has done something wrong?
    Their comment was removed.

And no, not nearly everybody on that thread thought so.

And i know what will be possible and impossible with the nerf, no, i dont need to wait, who cares for leveling content, if you find it that easy, turn off their skills/put them on passive/unsummon them....ooops no, well nerf them to make grind much longer because people had fun.

Even servers disagree with the nerf lol

"Today's maintenance window has been extended with no ETA, and we will update you as soon as we have more info."
    Yup, datamine was right *surprise surprise* 75% nerf.

I accept appologies now.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    You do realize that the companions were stronger then the actual characters?  We all knew it was a mistake and was going to be nerfed.  IDK how you didn't.  Yes it is possible they nerfed them too hard but I haven't logged into the game to see and since you haven't either why are you complaining?  At least log into the game and see if they are nerfed too much then realize that they will see the error and make another adjustment.  Its how every major content update works on all games.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited November 2015
    filmoret said:
    You do realize that the companions were stronger then the actual characters?  We all knew it was a mistake and was going to be nerfed.  IDK how you didn't.  Yes it is possible they nerfed them too hard but I haven't logged into the game to see and since you haven't either why are you complaining?  At least log into the game and see if they are nerfed too much then realize that they will see the error and make another adjustment.  Its how every major content update works on all games.
    WTF? I just exited the game. ALL the numbers were right.

Companions WERENT stronger than players, they were stronger than BAD players, now BW made sure they arent stronger than anything.

Now, you can apologize, but i knew you were just going to make moar stoopid exuses.
    Oh, if you want some late nite entertainment grab some popcorn and hit SWTOR official forums, its gonna be a BLAST!
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    hmm... Bioware made changes I agree with this time.

I felt Companions were overpowered since 4.0... in some cases insanely OP... now they will be less so... I like.

Barrels and Hilts from Mod Vendors had the stupid Artifact Authorization added with 4.0... EA_David said it was a bug but I admit I thought he was blowing smoke... looks like the Barrels and Hilts are getting the AA removed from them and they will now be just like the Armorings, Modifications, and Enhancements... I like. (problem did not effect Subscribers but if you went Preferred for any reason, even a bugged Subscription that lapsed, your weapons were useless with the Mod Vendor barrels and Hilts)

AA removed from Crystals that Players bought before 4.0 when they didn't require AA to use... I like.

Class bugs fixed. Quest bugs fixed. I like.

Will it be a perfect Patch? No such critter exists, but Bioware I think is cleaning up the mess from the party finally.

I already voted with my wallet when 4.0 landed because it was such a mess... now I might vote yes with my wallet to show them that at least I like the Patch tomorrow.

Now we'll see if the Patch particulars actually work as intended.

Good luck trying to get solo star fortress heroic achievement with your companions now. When you will see that players who played the 1st month with OP companions to get achievement and you who were looking for "challenge" with the game with batnerfed companion and constantly fail to meet the "challenge" you sought out, vote "YES" again with you wallet.

Companions needed nerf but not this, this is just bioware morons acting up again and trying to bullshit their way out of it. I predict next they will say "solo star fortress heroic achievement was intended to be a limited time achievement and now have been removed from game" to cull this bullshit. Fucking assholes!!!

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    munsil42 said:

With 50 influence companion in healing stance : 3 second cast heal 12K-13K before nerf

With 50 influence companion in healing stance : 3 second cast heal 2.3K-3.2K after nerf.

Go look up the numbers in both official forums and reddit. Believing every shit that comes out of there mouth is idiocy of highest order.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

edited November 2015
    Oh, and anyone from EU, if your sub renewal was within last 14 days they HAVE TO give you refund on subscription no questions asked. They even cant touch your account. You even keep KOTFE.

This is not just for SWTOR, its for EVERY subscription, its your consumer right.
This discussion has been closed.