Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Population falling?

2»

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Lazzaro said:
    Its a great game. But its tooo late.

Players are more than fed up with EQ/WoW mmo type. And if they are not , they are playing Wow

Does not mater how good game is. Its sad really so much time and talent spend on something nobody wants anymore...

Yup, this is how I feel.  It's just too much of the same, and people are tired of it.  Even if the setting is different and combat, you're still doing the same ol shit like you've done before for years and years.

What else exactly would you do in a MMO besides quest, dungeons, etc?
    There are plenty of games with other options. Open world RvR where you can capture points and hold them as a faction, some games have jump puzzles or secret places to get to, exploring, another popular thing has been WvW in games like GW2, or super in depth crafting. Games like Archeage had trade runs, ship warfare, deep sea diving for treasures. There's a lot of things you could potentially do.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    I was actually playing "Wild Star" since the FTP relaunch but then...
    "Guild Wars 2 : Heart of Thorns" came out...and "Fallout 4"... :/

I was quite enjoying though but i guess they are going to need some strong patches to keep players interested with all these other good games in the market.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Lazzaro said:

Players are more than fed up with EQ/WoW mmo type. And if they are not , they are playing Wow

Does not mater how good game is. Its sad really so much time and talent spend on something nobody wants anymore...

Yup, this is how I feel.  It's just too much of the same, and people are tired of it.  Even if the setting is different and combat, you're still doing the same ol shit like you've done before for years and years.

How about no quests ?

I think we moved past that. And especially past kill 10 something, quests.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

To me Wildstar is hands down the best MMO out now.  Blade & Soul has no character development at all.  Final fantasy is just a boring super long grind.  ESO could have potential if it got rid of its explore every nock and cranny to develop your character nonsense and got real auction houses instead of the fleece your guildmates nonsense.  GW2 looks great but it just bores the shit out of me.  The combat is just boring, the leveling is extremely boring, I hate mass turtle pvp, I hate feeling I have to clear every zone.

Now, Wildstar has extremely fun combat to me.  You need to set it up for reticle action combat and not right click mouse look for it to play well.  The movement is extremely fun.  It has a ton of optional content.  It has real sensible pvp, and my personal favorite - arenas and arena seasons. 

Out of all the options available now, Wildstar is the only game I had fun leveling, and had more fun once I hit cap.  It has much better character development than most games out or coming out.  I don't feel like a pedophile in a pedophile wonderland like I do whenever I try to play TERA.  It isn't slow, it doesn't have continued character development at cap through nonsense filler content like ESO, DCUO, Neverwinter, etc.  It is just a well developed MMO that improved on a winning formula. 

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It's not surprising really.  I stopped at 42 and couldn't even make it to lvl 50.  Here are some of the cons i have of this game.

The game is just too cartoony for me.
    The UI is a mess.
    The combat is too resource dependent.
    The telegraphs are overdone.
    The classes aren't that interesting.
    The lore isn't that engaging.
    etc.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Lazzaro said:

I've been playing EVE on and off since 2007, and 100% since July of 2014, on 6 accounts, I haven't run a single quest or dungeon in all that time.

There are alternatives to the standard theme park gear grind treadmill.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Athisar said:
    The levelling areas of WoW are pretty dead. I'm levelling up a goblin on the most popular EU RP server and have yet to see another player at all (and I've gone past the initial phased area).
    Suggesting that WS could have 5M+ players?

Well obviously the 5M are spread across multiple countries (not just US, EU, China). Mytake however is that AB announced they wouldn't be releasing the Q4 subs because they knew how many 3 and 6 month subscribers have cancelled.  WoW dead; WS probably more so.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I kept telling myself the Loony Tunes visuals of the game don't matter but to me they do.  I just can't get past it.  The UI did feel like a mess.

The game world felt small with so much packed in to this little area.  I didn't get anywhere near endgame so perhaps things change eventually.  Game was just not fun for me. 

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    I think WS will not survive the year 2016. NCSoft doesnt like it, when a game costs more than it brings in. Well, who actually does though?

PvP servers are dead again, Entity-2 and Jabbit-2 (2nd PVE servers) are dead as well. Low-level areas are pretty much a wasteland. Ive been waiting for hours and hours to do a dungeon with my stalker in the mid 20-30s....no response. In the official forums you have the same 20 people talking to each other. And they are pretty the same as before F2P transition.

Nothing can help this game.

Hodor!

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I don't understand what people are seeing when they say it's bad.  The combat is actually fun and engaging instead of just sitting there repeating the same boring rotation until mobs die. 
    It's hilarious to me that people bitch and moan about games that are "Too much like WoW" "Too EZ mode" and then when something truly engaging and challenging comes along they QQ about how much they suck. 
    Just more proof that gamers have no idea what they want, they just think they do.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I don't understand what people are seeing when they say it's bad.  The combat is actually fun and engaging instead of just sitting there repeating the same boring rotation until mobs die. 
    It's hilarious to me that people bitch and moan about games that are "Too much like WoW" "Too EZ mode" and then when something truly engaging and challenging comes along they QQ about how much they suck. 
    Just more proof that gamers have no idea what they want, they just think they do.
    The telegraph heavy style of the combat though is one of the games handicaps, a fairly serious one imo, as its just not fun, or perhaps, few people find it fun, which is more to the point, its very hard to get past both that, and the games overly cartoony aesthetic which, is also, something of an issue.
    Honestly, Wildstar would probably do better if it was on the Wii and you could play it using a dance mat or something.
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I only lasted a few days on this one.  And I was REALLY looking forward to the FTP release because I knew better to try this one at launch.  

I liked everything except the combat actually.  It feels like some old Playstation 2 game (Warrior, maybe some day I'll try a different class).  Just didn't do anything for me.  Moved on to the other 9000 gaming options available.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    I tried this game after F2P re-release. It took longer to DL and install than the time I spent in the game (I think I got to level 3 or 4) before deciding it was one of the worst MMOs I've ever seen. They couldn't pay me to waste my time in that POS........well maybe if they paid me a lot.
    I have too say that Wildstar is the most boring leveling I ever played.
    I don't know what it is but it is really tedious.
    I wanted to play Raids but could not bring myself to get to level cap, it just wasn't fun.

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    edited December 2015
    ste2000 said:
    I tried this game after F2P re-release. It took longer to DL and install than the time I spent in the game (I think I got to level 3 or 4) before deciding it was one of the worst MMOs I've ever seen. They couldn't pay me to waste my time in that POS........well maybe if they paid me a lot.
    I have too say that Wildstar is the most boring leveling I ever played.
    I don't know what it is but it is really tedious.
    I wanted to play Raids but could not bring myself to get to level cap, it just wasn't fun.
    What made it stink the most for me was that it was clear you are not even intended to read the quests.  Quest text is said in chat bubbles, which are translucent and usually right over an NPC's head - where the goddamn nameplate is.  So you have to read through chat if you actually want to see what they are saying.  The writing is pretty awful, so I can see why they want to hide it.

The UI is also atrocious.  Lots of games make the mistake of having the UI needlessly covering parts of the screen, and this game does that a lot.  It makes the game feel very cluttered.  They throw things all over the screen, including moving several MMO standards, just for the sake of being different.  There are seperate tooltips for enemies and abilities, both are very large, and pop up on opposite sides of the screen.  There are button bindings for things that should all be tied up in the "use" button, just so they can slap an indicator in the center of the screen to remind me to push it.

The voice acting all seems very disjointed.  When you click on NPCs they have "greetings" but the greetings are long and it sounds like they are talking to you about some quest you are not on.  The annoying "you levelled up!" guy is the worst, I'd rather not level up than keep having you yell "cool" things at me.

Finally, performance stinks.  At max settings in a small indoor tutorial area with nobody else around and only one NPC on screen I was getting 48 fps.  Lowering individual settings did nothing to raise the FPS, but using the master setting at the top did a small amount.  With how little this game is doing graphically I should have had well over 100 in that situation.

My short time with WildStar was nothing but disappointment.  I was excited to play another open world game, and the classes and paths were really appealing.  People have good things to say about the combat and challenge it offered, and I was ready to enjoy it.  The unfortunate actual quality of the game took a giant dump all over my plans.

Edit:  Maybe I will try it again someday, with a set of addons to completely revamp the awful UI, display quests properly, and disable all the voice over stuff.  I hear that custom UI's are actually increasing FPS on this game.  For now though, the awful first experience has completely soured my desire to see this game.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Vutar said:

Umm no. What I want is an actual new game that is like EQ1. There has not been a single game even remotely close to it since WoW. Bring out an EQ3 that is actually like EQ1 in playstyle with updated graphics and people will flock to it. Bring out a WoW 2 and watch how many of these F2P wannabe MMOs close up shop.

The lack of a modern EQ1/WoW is what is killing the mmo landscape right now. In the vacuum we get a lot of cash grab MMOs with gimicky combat that lasts a month.
    One of the reasons why WOW was so popular was because it abandoned the crappy aspects of EQ1.  there is not a massive population of players waiting for a new game with EQ1 mechanics.  not at all.
  • jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    edited December 2015
    Vutar said:

Umm no. What I want is an actual new game that is like EQ1. There has not been a single game even remotely close to it since WoW. Bring out an EQ3 that is actually like EQ1 in playstyle with updated graphics and people will flock to it. Bring out a WoW 2 and watch how many of these F2P wannabe MMOs close up shop.

The lack of a modern EQ1/WoW is what is killing the mmo landscape right now. In the vacuum we get a lot of cash grab MMOs with gimicky combat that lasts a month.
    One of the reasons why WOW was so popular was because it abandoned the crappy aspects of EQ1.  there is not a massive population of players waiting for a new game with EQ1 mechanics.  not at all.
    two ppl talking like they represent a mass. u r not, the first like it the second does not
    what the crowd says is nothing u know
  • tenfootgoatman123tenfootgoatman123 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    The population has dropped after the initial intake following the free to play conversion . It always does in every single game why would Wildstar be any different ? 

The EU pve server is very busy but the pvp one is less so but by no means is it dead . The impression I get from the number of people I see playing is the pve server at peak times is like a WoW high population server and the pvp one is like a WoW medium population server at weekends but in the weekdays maybe more like a medium to low population server.

Out of interest can anyone tell me what the NA pvp server is like . I have thought about creating a character there too if it has a good number of people playing ? 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited December 2015
    Vutar said:

I don't think Vutar cares if it appeals to the masses, he wants it to appeal to him and those (however many or few) who are looking for the same.

Me, still waiting on DAOC 2.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon