Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favor for someone with official forum access

MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
Can someone with official forums access post this on forums, i kinda lost my forum privileges ;P

Dear Mikahrone,

Thanks for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service to report the issue you encountered. During the call we performed a refund on your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscription. It can take up to 15 business days for the refund to come through. If you haven't gotten it by those 15 days, please give us a call back to track down what happened to those funds. I hope you have a great day!

As always, at BioWare and EA, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. We're always interested in hearing back from you, the player, about your experience with our Game Advisors so that we can improve our service to you.

We would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out a short survey about your most recent support experience with us.
Please click here to begin:

We'll listen to any feedback you'd like to provide as we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our game, our people and our community.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Regards,

Meys C.

Reason: companion nerfs

I DO vote with my wallet :awesome: 

Comments

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    seems abit early to complain about companion nerfs before the patch goes live.  The general consensus is that companions are stronger than in 3.0.  Many people think companions are overpowered,  especially healing companions,  especially at high influence rating.  Alot of people dont mind strong companions,  even borderline OP companions, but that doesn't change the fact that companions are stronger in 4.0 than in 3.0.                                                                                                                                                                                 

It remains to be seen how hard the nerf will impact swtor.  Personly i think i'll be fine.  I might have to use heal companion in some heroic2 content instead of dps but i suspect i'll still be able to solo if i want to. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    [QUOTE=EricMusco;8622525][color=#f9d648]Hey folks,

If you haven’t yet seen the 4.0.2 patch notes, you can view them [URL="http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/game-update-4.0.2-patch-notes"]here[/URL]. There are some patch notes that we wanted to highlight and talk about specifically.

[LIST]
    [*]Companion base stats have been reduced. 
    [*]Companion damage and healing output has been reduced.
    [/LIST]

Some of you will certainly ask, why the need to nerf Companions? This is something that we definitely saw the community be divided on, and it was good for us to hear feedback from both sides. Ultimately, this decision came down to our own goals for Companions, along with data on how they were performing. What we saw in those instances is that Companions, simply put, were just way too good. Their healing and damage output could be  greater than that of a very skilled player with a fully maximized character. In order for you to understand why we are making these changes, we thought it best to explain our goals for Companions in Fallen Empire.

In KotFE, with a large focus on going back to story, we wanted to make sure that all of our story content was accessible to all of our players. The power that Companions bring to the table, definitely played a part in that accessibility. Companions, from a combat perspective, should complement and provide support to your character, not overshadow them. However, in looking at how strong Companions are, we may have gone a bit too far in that direction. Simply put, while playing through much of the game, there are a lot of situations in regular combat where it is practically impossible for you to be killed if you have a healing Companion. Although this can be fun for a time, this wasn’t our goal. Companions should be strong, they should fill any role you need, but they should not make your actual gameplay be overshadowed by how strong they are.

So with 4.0.2 we have brought their effectiveness down quite a bit, let’s talk about some of the specifics here:
    [LIST]
    [*]There isn’t a flat % that healing was reduced by. Effectiveness reduction varies greatly depending on level, Influence, level sync, etc. That being said, the healer companions are still quite competitive, but they no longer trivialize content that was meant to be challenging.
    [*]Healing power increase by Influence level has been increased. That means that as you scale up Influence levels with a Companion they will get more powerful per level than before. This helps to offset the base healing reduction a bit as you gain influence with your companion.
    [/LIST]

We did want to make some improvements to tanking Companions:
    [LIST]
    [*]We increased the threat generated by tank companions, so they should be able to hold the attention of enemy NPCs better than before.
    [*]We fixed an issue involving the tank companion’s mass grapple ability, it will no longer pull in enemies that are out of combat.
    [/LIST]

Will your Companions feel a bit weaker than they did when KotFE launched? Yes. But believe me they will still carry their weight and fill the role you need them to in combat. All that we ask is that you log in tomorrow, and check the changes yourself. Play around with the Companions in each role and let us know your feedback. Thanks everyone.

-eric[/color][/QUOTE]

From the official forums.
    It doesn't sound like it'll be too bad. You'll still be able to do the Heroics, but companions won't be better than an actual geared player anymore when it comes to healing in Flashpoints and the like.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Although this can be fun for a time, this wasn’t our goal. 

Fun isn't one of their goals, priceless.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    [QUOTE=EricMusco;8622525][color=#f9d648]Hey folks,

If you haven’t yet seen the 4.0.2 patch notes, you can view them [URL="http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/game-update-4.0.2-patch-notes"]here[/URL]. There are some patch notes that we wanted to highlight and talk about specifically.

[LIST]
    [*]Companion base stats have been reduced. 
    [*]Companion damage and healing output has been reduced.
    [/LIST]

Some of you will certainly ask, why the need to nerf Companions? This is something that we definitely saw the community be divided on, and it was good for us to hear feedback from both sides. Ultimately, this decision came down to our own goals for Companions, along with data on how they were performing. What we saw in those instances is that Companions, simply put, were just way too good. Their healing and damage output could be  greater than that of a very skilled player with a fully maximized character. In order for you to understand why we are making these changes, we thought it best to explain our goals for Companions in Fallen Empire.

In KotFE, with a large focus on going back to story, we wanted to make sure that all of our story content was accessible to all of our players. The power that Companions bring to the table, definitely played a part in that accessibility. Companions, from a combat perspective, should complement and provide support to your character, not overshadow them. However, in looking at how strong Companions are, we may have gone a bit too far in that direction. Simply put, while playing through much of the game, there are a lot of situations in regular combat where it is practically impossible for you to be killed if you have a healing Companion. Although this can be fun for a time, this wasn’t our goal. Companions should be strong, they should fill any role you need, but they should not make your actual gameplay be overshadowed by how strong they are.

So with 4.0.2 we have brought their effectiveness down quite a bit, let’s talk about some of the specifics here:
    [LIST]
    [*]There isn’t a flat % that healing was reduced by. Effectiveness reduction varies greatly depending on level, Influence, level sync, etc. That being said, the healer companions are still quite competitive, but they no longer trivialize content that was meant to be challenging.
    [*]Healing power increase by Influence level has been increased. That means that as you scale up Influence levels with a Companion they will get more powerful per level than before. This helps to offset the base healing reduction a bit as you gain influence with your companion.
    [/LIST]

We did want to make some improvements to tanking Companions:
    [LIST]
    [*]We increased the threat generated by tank companions, so they should be able to hold the attention of enemy NPCs better than before.
    [*]We fixed an issue involving the tank companion’s mass grapple ability, it will no longer pull in enemies that are out of combat.
    [/LIST]

Will your Companions feel a bit weaker than they did when KotFE launched? Yes. But believe me they will still carry their weight and fill the role you need them to in combat. All that we ask is that you log in tomorrow, and check the changes yourself. Play around with the Companions in each role and let us know your feedback. Thanks everyone.

-eric[/color][/QUOTE]

From the official forums.
    It doesn't sound like it'll be too bad. You'll still be able to do the Heroics, but companions won't be better than an actual geared player anymore when it comes to healing in Flashpoints and the like.
    Oh, its bad, unfortunately datamined, it will be bad, they had to remove page and a half of threads how bad it is. And front forum page is most of the threads again. The kicker is that daatmine caught up just healing nerfs and, as i suspected, its nerf across the board.

So, if you want to post it post it. Youll be doing exactly what they are asking for, giving feedback, since i cannot do that any more.

Companions WERENT better that decent geared players, they were better than BAD players, who now found a scapegoat to blame for them being kicked (which is same exact thing that happened since launch). It WONT prevent BAD players from being kicked.
    edited November 2015

Yup. I just wont be payign them money so that in a month or two when they have moment of lucidity again they maybe revert it back just so i can do things i am able to do until tomorow again.

As i said, i vote with my wallet, they want to pull out crap like this, fine.
    Malabooga said:

Which is the most effective way to vote.  =D
    I'll still wait and see how things go tomorrow though. Then again, I saw this nerf coming from the moment the expansion went live. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Companions were clearly better than lowlevel players in flashpoints,  even if thoose players had up to date gear.  Yes the rage is big on the forums,  but untill the patch goes live it remains to be seen how bad it will be. Maybe it will be bad,  but maybe it will end like the levelsync.      

Levelsync also ended in numerable threads and lots of rage on forums,  but when 4.0 went live and players testet out levelsync the majority was actually ok with it. I wouldn't be surprised if this companion nerf ends the same way. The majority beeing ok with the change and a few people either loving or hating the change.
    edited November 2015
    Companions were clearly better than lowlevel players in flashpoints,  even if thoose players had up to date gear.  Yes the rage is big on the forums,  but untill the patch goes live it remains to be seen how bad it will be. Maybe it will be bad,  but maybe it will end like the levelsync.      

Levelsync also ended in numerable threads and lots of rage on forums,  but when 4.0 went live and players testet out levelsync the majority was actually ok with it. I wouldn't be surprised if this companion nerf ends the same way. The majority beeing ok with the change and a few people either loving or hating the change.
    Levelsync was few players spamming threads and necroing all threads. they never removed single level sync thread. They already removed page and a half of threads.

The issue with low level players is with a) overtuned tacticals b) lacking bolster that is just too weak.

As i said, it will NOT prevent BAD players (this includes lowbies with no gear on doing (unintentionally) lvl 50+ FPs) from being kicked
    Malabooga said:

Which is the most effective way to vote.  =D
    I'll still wait and see how things go tomorrow though. Then again, I saw this nerf coming from the moment the expansion went live. xD
    Nerf was unneeded. All it will do is make the slog through already mindnumbing alliance grind slower and prevent doing actually (semi) challenging stuff. unless you add MORE grind for raid gear and r50 companions on all characters.

I just want to provide my feedback. In a nutshell its "dont crap where you eat" ;)
    edited November 2015
    Torval said:
    Malabooga said:
    I DO vote with my wallet :awesome: 
    I think voting with your wallet is the right way to go. But there is no way I would even consider posting that for you. Whether you lost your privileges from a ban or letting your sub expire, that's on you. If you want to post that there then I suggest getting your privileges back.

I'm not excited about the companion nerfs, but I saw it coming. I hope they don't go too far. Unless the game loses its fun it won't be a dealbreaker for me.
    You should actually read the email before responding, it kinda puts sense in what you write.

Its email from customer service, and whats exactly so "bad" in it so "you wouldnt consider posting it" huh?
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Oh noes!!!! So you mean my op companions will now be slightly less op... and I just started playing again. Well f-them, f-them hard with a bantha. How can they expect people to play with all these crazy power limiting changes??? How dare they change the smallest things without expecting me to be full of rage!!! The game is just completely unplayable without my companions that make me invincible... go to hell STWOR... or whoever you are... I don't even recognize you any more.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Dauntis said:
    Oh noes!!!! So you mean my op companions will now be slightly less op... and I just started playing again. Well f-them, f-them hard with a bantha. How can they expect people to play with all these crazy power limiting changes??? How dare they change the smallest things without expecting me to be full of rage!!! The game is just completely unplayable without my companions that make me invincible... go to hell STWOR... or whoever you are... I don't even recognize you any more.
    so, did you just volunteer to post it since, its as you say, such a "smallest thing"?
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Ya, I mean, hell I don't know how you have the strength to go on. ... nerfing companions... them bastards!

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Dauntis said:
    Ya, I mean, hell I don't know how you have the strength to go on. ... nerfing companions... them bastards!
    If you havent noticed (and it seems you really havent) companions are kinda major part of KOTFE.
  • GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    edited November 2015
    hmm... Bioware made changes I agree with this time.

I felt Companions were overpowered since 4.0... in some cases insanely OP... now they will be less so... I like.

Barrels and Hilts from Mod Vendors had the stupid Artifact Authorization added with 4.0... EA_David said it was a bug but I admit I thought he was blowing smoke... looks like the Barrels and Hilts are getting the AA removed from them and they will now be just like the Armorings, Modifications, and Enhancements... I like. (problem did not effect Subscribers but if you went Preferred for any reason, even a bugged Subscription that lapsed, your weapons were useless with the Mod Vendor barrels and Hilts)

AA removed from Crystals that Players bought before 4.0 when they didn't require AA to use... I like.

Class bugs fixed. Quest bugs fixed. I like.

Will it be a perfect Patch? No such critter exists, but Bioware I think is cleaning up the mess from the party finally.

I already voted with my wallet when 4.0 landed because it was such a mess... now I might vote yes with my wallet to show them that at least I like the Patch tomorrow.

Now we'll see if the Patch particulars actually work as intended.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

I have to admit you found a gem there ;)

I have to admit you found a gem there ;)
    i guess.   It's out of context though.   They were metioning companions especially healing companions beeing so strong that players were near imortal. Then saying "this can be fun"  meaning the beeing an imortal player pounding on several packs of mobs with no risc at all. Clearly "this" wasn't pointing at fun,  but at the companions, especially healing companions, beeing stronger than their set goal.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I don't understand did they recently nerf companions within the latest patch?  Because everyone on this thread is saying they were too strong.   http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441145/are-companions-overpowerd-now/p1
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    I don't understand did they recently nerf companions within the latest patch?  Because everyone on this thread is saying they were too strong.   http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441145/are-companions-overpowerd-now/p1
    They are doing it with today's patch, which will be deployed in a couple of hours from now.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    They are doing it with today's patch, which will be deployed in a couple of hours from now.
    LOL so the dude ragequit before even seeing what the new changes are?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    People just don't read..from the patch notes:
    Healing power increase by Influence level has been increased. That means that as you scale up Influence levels with a Companion they will get more powerful per level than before.

Omg we have to give them gifts now and work on our companions?! Wait, wait...didn't we before?

filmoret said:
    filmoret said:
    LOL so the dude ragequit before even seeing what the new changes are?
    First world problems at it's finest.
    edited November 2015
    munsil42 said:
    Healing power increase by Influence level has been increased. That means that as you scale up Influence levels with a Companion they will get more powerful per level than before.

Omg we have to give them gifts now and work on our companions?! Wait, wait...didn't we before?

"So with 4.0.2 we have brought their effectiveness down quite a bit"

Yup, guess who cannot read.
    edited November 2015
    Fanboi brigade is here. So will any of you post it or not huh?

Its just a bit of feedback, just as they ask to do.
    Malabooga said:
    munsil42 said:

"So with 4.0.2 we have brought their effectiveness down quite a bit"

Yup, guess who cannot read.
    So what is a bit in your book? 10%? 20%? 100%? We don't even know, the fact is you didn't even try it out, you quit before the patch even hit. And if you even read what I quoted, they said the power they get from influence is more powerful then BEFORE aka more powerful than 4.0.1. That means you might actually have to work on your companion influence to make them more powerful, possibly what they actually intended from the start.
This discussion has been closed.