Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Population falling?

LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
edited November 2015 in WildStar
I'm not trying to be a troll, here but from what I've read and seen from my self, it seems like the pop is falling back down.

It seems like the city is popular, but the leveling zones seem to be empty again.  I know it's probably top heavy, but a well populated MMO always has a decent amount of people in the lower levels.  Another thing I queued up for PvP on my mid level toon and I cound't find any matches, waited like 15min and said f it.

It's a shame if this F2P conversion doesn't work out, it's a great MMO, but I honestly don't know what the future holds for WS.  I'm hoping putting the game on steam will increase the pop like it did for Tera.

Comments

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    edited November 2015
    Too many other similar games vying for everyones attention.  What they need to come up with is a cross-game looking for group tool... bringing players from different games together so that they can actually play a game to begin with.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I tried this game after F2P re-release. It took longer to DL and install than the time I spent in the game (I think I got to level 3 or 4) before deciding it was one of the worst MMOs I've ever seen. They couldn't pay me to waste my time in that POS........well maybe if they paid me a lot.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited November 2015
    Lazzaro said:
    I'm not trying to be a troll, here but from what I've read and seen from my self, it seems like the pop is falling back down.

It seems like the city is popular, but the leveling zones seem to be empty again.  I know it's probably top heavy, but a well populated MMO always has a decent amount of people in the lower levels.  Another thing I queued up for PvP on my mid level toon and I cound't find any matches, waited like 15min and said f it.

It's a shame if this F2P conversion doesn't work out, it's a great MMO, but I honestly don't know what the future holds for WS.  I'm hoping putting the game on steam will increase the pop like it did for Tera.

I don't understand why you attribute a leveling zone to the games population.  I have never hung out in a leveling zone after getting max level lol.  The games pop is super healthy and Carbine hasn't even merged back to mega servers yet.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    It was only meant to be a place-holder till other things came out, nothing more. GW2's expansion has came, 3.1 for FFXIV has been released, BnS/BDO been having betas. So pretty much better stuff has taken WS's place.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Its a great game. But its tooo late.

Players are more than fed up with EQ/WoW mmo type. And if they are not , they are playing Wow

Does not mater how good game is. Its sad really so much time and talent spend on something nobody wants anymore...

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Lazzaro said:

I don't understand why you attribute a leveling zone to the games population.  I have never hung out in a leveling zone after getting max level lol.  The games pop is super healthy and Carbine hasn't even merged servers yet.
    Because it shows a constant influx of new people, or at least people leveling alts.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Lazzaro said:

Leveling zone can end up like that if most the players base are max level. Any new mmo or a mmo going free to play after few months level zone die off. Even wow with high amount player base they have when I got in to the free trail there leveling zone was dead of people maybe seen 1 to 2 players after few hours game play.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    bored after a week of FTP, all mmos are shit atm if you ask me, played BnS for a day and its shit aswell
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Lazzaro said:

I don't understand why you attribute a leveling zone to the games population.  I have never hung out in a leveling zone after getting max level lol.  The games pop is super healthy and Carbine hasn't even merged back to mega servers yet.
    if they do merg the servers is just goes to show that the population has droped.
  • RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Rhygarth said:
    Lazzaro said:

if they do merg the servers is just goes to show that the population has droped.
    The extra servers are temporary overflow servers, the plan has always been to merge them after the queues are gone.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Lazzaro said:

but it's not a great "mmo". It's bad. That's why it's doing so terribly. Bad vision. Bad design. Just bad.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    bcbully said:
    Lazzaro said:

but it's not a great "mmo". It's bad. That's why it's doing so terribly. Bad vision. Bad design. Just bad.
    When the majority vote, as they have done with Wildstar, then its hard to come to any other conclusion than this.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited November 2015
    Phry said:
    When the majority vote, as they have done with Wildstar, then its hard to come to any other conclusion than this.
    Try to ask bcbully if the same applies to Age of Wushu :-p
  • TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I tried it again as well when it went F2P, but just couldn't stick with it. I don't think F2P is going to stave it, it needs to be taken down, redesigned, and relaunched like FFXIV was.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited November 2015
    Lazzaro said:
    Lazzaro said:

I don't understand why you attribute a leveling zone to the games population.  I have never hung out in a leveling zone after getting max level lol.  The games pop is super healthy and Carbine hasn't even merged servers yet.
    Because it shows a constant influx of new people, or at least people leveling alts.
    This.

With a game that just released (F2P) there should be enough of a new influx of players. Even at this point. There should be plenty of alt leveling going on. Seems there isn't.

Not surprised though, I couldn't level 1 toon, forget 2 or 3. 4 levels of crap leads to another 46 levels of crap, then what? Another 50 levels of crap with a different theme?

I'll pass, thank you.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Its a bad game, no surprise for me. 

And I dont mean that "not for me" kind of bad, just plain good ole shitty. There are reasons the game was basically dead as P2P, F2P wont save it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I will once again mention that an ONLINE<<<keyword experience will never have long  term fun if it is designed to solo.
    Absolutely 100% NEVER copy ANY ideas from Blizzard,they only work in Blizzard games because of Blizzard,they could sell dirt.If WS was under Blizzard's banner it could be 50 worse and still have a few million players.The red carpet idea copied from FF was imo FF's worst idea besides the item levels,again do NOT copy really bad ideas.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2015
    IMO if it was a great game it wouldnt be too late. It is definitely too late for a beautiful yet less than mediocre game to try and join the fray. F2P wont do much for WS.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Wizardry said:
    I will once again mention that an ONLINE<<<keyword experience will never have long  term fun if it is designed to solo.
    Absolutely 100% NEVER copy ANY ideas from Blizzard,they only work in Blizzard games because of Blizzard,they could sell dirt.If WS was under Blizzard's banner it could be 50 worse and still have a few million players.The red carpet idea copied from FF was imo FF's worst idea besides the item levels,again do NOT copy really bad ideas.
    Alot the ideas blizzard got are from other mmo. And did take some idea didn't work in wow or other mmo in to Wildstar aswell just aiming for the hardcore part. But just like other mmo not only wildstar are trying hard to keep there player base some even some stop showing there sub number but only showing register user to make it look big and no one leaving.

But copying is not bad is how they use it and not go the same way why it was bad in the first place.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    It's not a good MMO. There's really nothing to set the game play apart from other titles, the whole 'paths' thing was nothing more than a stupid gimmick, the combat feels like playing Dance! Dance! Revolution!, and even with improvements the graphics engine chugs along while sucking down system resources like Rosie O'Donnell at a buffet table.

They also openly mocked people who expressed concerns about game difficulty and the 'raiding' endgame, telling everyone that their game was only for the 'hardcore' crowd and to GTFO if they didn't like it. Kinda hard to attract more casual (the majority) players back to save your game when you've told them to f**k off.

Carbine is just another failed studio, and they've really only got themselves to blame. The amount of bad decisions from design to public relations by them regarding Wildstar is simply astounding. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    The levelling areas of WoW are pretty dead. I'm levelling up a goblin on the most popular EU RP server and have yet to see another player at all (and I've gone past the initial phased area).
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Players are more than fed up with EQ/WoW mmo type. And if they are not , they are playing Wow

Does not mater how good game is. Its sad really so much time and talent spend on something nobody wants anymore...

Yup, this is how I feel.  It's just too much of the same, and people are tired of it.  Even if the setting is different and combat, you're still doing the same ol shit like you've done before for years and years.
  • BanyoHDBanyoHD Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Made a return to Nexus yesterday and got surprised by the amount of quality Carbine has put into this title. It's not everyone's cup of tea however. Wildstar's focus on hardcore PVE content didn't pay off at first, I quit because the level experience was a pain.

Now I'm having loads of fun in the game with a friend of mine. It's a solid title for sure. I played a bit of BnS Beta this weekend also, but I ended up spending more time with Wildstar. If you're looking for a good amount of PVE activities with raids, instances etc. Wildstar is the way to go. I just think more people should give it a chance again, it god judged too early. After the tweaks it's a game I can see enjoying for many hours to come. 

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Lazzaro said:
    Wildstar is not like WoW, you dont reach end game then gear cap in a week then roll an alt.  Once you hit end game you actually have to put effort into your character.
  • Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Lazzaro said:

Yup, this is how I feel.  It's just too much of the same, and people are tired of it.  Even if the setting is different and combat, you're still doing the same ol shit like you've done before for years and years.

What else exactly would you do in a MMO besides quest, dungeons, etc?