Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Backers/founder owners here?

SimsejensenSimsejensen Member UncommonPosts: 51
Im thinking about buying access to this game, but i dont know much about it. Maybe theres a backer here ?

- Is it worth the money ? The prices is pretty steep

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I am pledged few months ago ,after tracking two years what devs doing ,i think  CU have to be great pvp focused mmorpg.I am upgrade my pledge this month and I ll continue with support,my goal is lifetime option.

But it is only me, I suggest  google is your friend for research and make personal opinion.
  • SimsejensenSimsejensen Member UncommonPosts: 51
    So you have played it now i assume?

How often is the server open to you?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Still under NDA and since Mark has been really cool about sharing info I think I'll just echo his words.  Currently it really is an old-school Alpha.  If you want in right now to enjoy some kind of soft launch, you won't get it.  You can pickup a package with Beta access as low as $35...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited November 2015
    Im thinking about buying access to this game, but i dont know much about it. Maybe theres a backer here ?

- Is it worth the money ? The prices is pretty steep
    My favorite game ever was Dark Age of Camelot (Daoc), when I heard he was making a "spiritual sequel" I immediately gave him $100 of my money. This was when it was just a concept....no screenshots, no videos, nothing.

My point is....this is not a game where we can tell you it is awesome. We were sold on an idea/concept based on a game most of us loved, not the game itself. It may suck, but I was willing to take that chance. Why you would I have no clue. If you know nothing about this game I would just wait until it comes out. If you are looking for a game to play now, this is not it.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SimsejensenSimsejensen Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Im okay with it being an early alpha, but is the servers open all the time, or do they open it in periods ?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Im okay with it being an early alpha, but is the servers open all the time, or do they open it in periods ?
    In short but frequent periods.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    then on the other hand , you would be crazy to support mark jacobs , after his mishandling of the Warhammer IP , his lies to the community ,the way he disappeared when the community wanted answers and the way he quit ....   
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Scorchien said:
    then on the other hand , you would be crazy to support mark jacobs , after his mishandling of the Warhammer IP , his lies to the community ,the way he disappeared when the community wanted answers and the way he quit ....   
    You have no idea what you're talking about. If there's one thing you're NOT going to get from CSE, it's lies. They are incredibly transparent in the development of CU and are on track to create something great. If you want crazy, go buy virtual ships from Star Citizen.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lmao ohh i know what i am tlaking about , maybe you need to do some research on Warhammer and his involvement and lack of.. etc..
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Scorchien said:
    lmao ohh i know what i am tlaking about , maybe you need to do some research on Warhammer and his involvement and lack of.. etc..
    Derp look at me I'm just going to bandwagon and say the same bullshit the haters have been spouting since day one. One of the major parts of CU is that they crowd funded it so they don't have to answer to a publisher or anyone else. You obviously have absolutely zero idea about this particular project and all you can do is spout the same tired shit about the past.

Everyone should just ignore this guy, as he has no clue about CU. Just preaching doom and gloom.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Scorchien said:
    <snip> maybe you need to do some research on Warhammer and his involvement <snip>

Actually, it seems that you are the one that didn't do the homework.
     W...aaagh?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    MJ is the main reason that I backed this on Kickstarter.  

To each their own though, because I like the way the guy interacts and communicates doesn't mean he's for everyone.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    We're still quite a while away from a time when the game in testing is enough like the game that will launch that we can give you a reliable answer. If you can't tell from the publicly available information -- especially the Foundational Principles, BSC system design documents, and class reveals -- whether you might like the game, then I'd suggest waiting a while longer before backing it.

A lot of gameplay should be added in the next year and the NDA should be removed so you will get much better information in say 6 months than we can give you right now.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer