Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

---DDO--

::::06::If you havent tried DDO open beto you shud really do it...
I registrated on Fileplanet download setup and MAN WHAT IT DID ROCK!
Im home much so im pging me tru the game...
gr8 graphic and nearly scary sounds::::11::

Monster is ugly and they shud be that!
4 and a heif start of feiv possible!

DaoC-43 Ranger-Excalibur
WoW-43 Paladin-Twilights Hammer

Comments

• fastswimmerfastswimmer Member Posts: 3
    listen, if you want to add praise to a game, try to at least speak english. speaking like this : 4 and a heif start of feiv possible! makes you look stupid and discredits your review.
  • IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

Originally posted by fastswimmer
    listen, if you want to add praise to a game, try to at least speak english. speaking like this : 4 and a heif start of feiv possible! makes you look stupid and discredits your review.

Yeah I agree with you, the majority of the people on earth are stupid due to their English skills.

Ignorance at it's peak.

EDIT: I wrote American ignorance, but that would had been ignorance on my behalf because theres plenty of Americans who arent as narrow minded as you.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Hes from Sweden you moron. Write your post in another language fluently and somebody else can critique your mistakes. Dont be so ignorant.

• GilthaniGilthani Member Posts: 65

I really didnt like it. Its just like guild wars, and it just all around bores me... It could have been 10X better seeing as though im a huge dd fan. ::::16::

Bonez
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

• PoisoN1990PoisoN1990 Member Posts: 75
    man ddo sucks if u want a game like that better go with guild wars u have no monthly fee and u have awsome pvp
  • YaishaYaisha Member Posts: 117

aww... I hate it when people criticize the English skills of foreigners.  As long as people get the gist of what you are saying it's fine to post.  Also, I don't mind reading it because his spelling is adorable. image

DDO isn't my cup of tea though >>;

• gsonoxgsonox Member Posts: 121

Originally posted by PoisoN1990
    man ddo sucks if u want a game like that better go with guild wars u have no monthly fee and u have awsome pvp

Yeah, have to agree with this one. Same kind of games, though GW does many things a lot better and best of all, has no monthly fees.

• ChrillchenChrillchen Member Posts: 22

Man... I wasnt really seriuos about my english when i wrote four and heif i just want a fun topic ;P

And if you´re still critzing my spelling then go to hellimage

DaoC-43 Ranger-Excalibur
    WoW-43 Paladin-Twilights Hammer

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I liked it alot.  Ive played many MMORPGs.  One of my main gripes with most MMOs is the grind required to feel like your accomplishing anything.  This game seemed to give me the feeling that I was accomplishing suff in the limited time I had to play, through quest rewards that were usually useful.  I found that grouping in this game was actually easy and was invited much quicker to groups then in any other game Ive played (which is good cause you cant solo after the first couple missions)  Graphics: pretty good....not stellar not crap...actual combat is fun (I love combat rolling my rogue around for a backstab or two image.  Unfortunately I think alot of the game doesn't really open up until you get into the marketplace, but this appears to be by design so as not to overwhelm you with too much off the bat.... anywho I liked it alot and will pay to play until something else grabs my ADD image
  • kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

I have always had an interest in the pencil and paper version of this game though I never got the chance to actually play. When I heard about DDO I was skeptical of their ability to port the game to an MMOG. The ruleset is very complex and very turn based in the pencil and paper game.

I played the DDO beta for around 3 total hours of playtime.

In that very short period of time I decided that the game wasn't for me.

My likes:
    Graphics looked great
    Ruleset - Looks like they did an awesome job of following the core D&D ruleset
    Class choice was pretty good
    Character Customization - Very in-depth, as it should be based on the real deal

My (personal) dislikes:
    Instanced - Everything is instanced, loading ftl
    No solo content - This is just a personal thing, D&D was never meant to be a solo game
    Race selection - Umm, very much NOT core D&D, might change in release?
    Race vs Class - Again, very odd setup. I'm hoping that is also just a beta thing and they will fix every race being able to roll every class

Really the only reason I don't like this game is the lack of solo content(shouldn't be there anyway in D&D) and the zoning/instances. I've got a good computer but I still prefer a seamless world. The less loading I have to wait for on a game that I am paying for on a monthly basis the better, imo.

I highly recommend this game to anyone that has played or has had an interest in the pencil and paper Dungeons & Dragons. I think you will enjoy it very much.

• spraguepspraguep Member Posts: 61

I don't understand why people are comparing DDO to GW, they're not even similar.

DDO has one goal and that is to mimic the dungeon crawls of P&P D&D, that's it; and it does it really well I might add.

GW is not a pve game it's pvp. The fact that it has 20 levels is meaningless, and it's more of an action RPG, which is something DDO intensionally avoids by implementing the D&D ruleset.

DDO isn't like any other mmorpg. I'm not sure if I even like it :) however they did a good job with the gameplay, however it's not for everyone.

Overall the graphics and artwork are great. The game has really nice character customization. I really like the fact that any race can be any class, placing arbitraty restrctions on what a race can and can't do is overused in the rpg space and pointless.

• FeyRegyFeyRegy Member Posts: 62

well, i really wanna play it, but dont have trial/beta key. :(

any1 can get me one?

• TeamBlumpkinTeamBlumpkin Member Posts: 2
    I played this beta, the graphics are no doubt amazing, but the game ran bulky, and the interface was just difficult to work with

I intend to live forever...so far so good

• leet_as_feetleet_as_feet Member Posts: 5

i just found DDO too hard on my own, and you have to spend ages watching the LFG window for sum1 doing the quest you want... that could of just been cause it was beta and not many ppl on ::::21::

• kishzneekishznee Member Posts: 24

well the open beta has just come to its end and fortunately i already had my pre-order with the game. i think that the website where i bought my pre-order has changed the status now of DDO into live!!! i should grab the chance to buy again, i did it in gamersloot.net::::09::

-kishznee-

• iamenuiamenu Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by IIRL

Yeah I agree with you, the majority of the people on earth are stupid due to their English skills.

Ignorance at it's peak.

EDIT: I wrote American ignorance, but that would had been ignorance on my behalf because theres plenty of Americans who arent as narrow minded as you.

If you want to correct people on their language, please make sure your own language is right....

"Ignorance at it's peak." should be "Ignorance at its peak."

People like you are even worse than the OP.