Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They built a team from only 8 people to 270 in short time, that alone is a massive accomplishment

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Posting in a fact misrepresentation thread

fixed that for ya, buddy. But wait, aren´t you constantly shilling for other games in SC threads? I see even after months you´re resistant to facts just to feed your narrative.

Reality looks like this:

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:
    Well, why not use this:

https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/about

"Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. "

Thats the official homepage BTW.

Have fun
    That is the official page controlled by CR himself.  He can list anything there.
    You do know that the founding date can be checked in an official company register, do you not ?

Have fun
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:

You do know that the founding date can be checked in an official company register, do you not ?

Show me
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Ok, if employing people is an achievement I guess there are a bunch of pyramid schemes out there that would blow OPs mind.
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Show me
    Find it ;-)

Have fun
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Threads like these will be interesting to revisit after the dust settles.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited November 2015
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Show me
    Find it ;-)

You are quoting a document to support your argument that you can not produce? 

As an FYI, I posted over at Derek Smarts blog asking him to research this and find the actual corporate creation documents that were filed as they should be public record. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Show me
    Find it ;-)

As an FYI, I posted over at Derek Smarts blog asking him to research this and find the actual corporate creation documents that were filed as they should be public record. 

No need, the doc is right here

Incorporated December 2013.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    CrazKanuk said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:
    Erillion said:

Show me
    Find it ;-)

No need, the doc is right here

Incorporated December 2013.

That's only for their UK branch.

According to their website they have at least following companies:
    Cloud Imperium Games Corporation
    Roberts Space Industries Corp.
    Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd.
    Roberts Space Industries International Ltd.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Erillion said:
    Again, that is a quote from a journalist, not a direct quote from Chris Roberts.
    https://www.simplygon.com/news/cloud-imperium-games-chooses-simplygon

"Star Citizen is an amazing title with huge interest and Cloud Imperium's decision to use Simplygon is a massive validation of what we do for developers...enabling them to work faster, more efficiently, and ultimately deliver the best AAA game to players." Cloud Imperium Chief Creative Officer and Co-founder Chris Roberts said, “When I was first prototyping Star Citizen back in 2011 I did a lot of research on various LOD processes as I knew this would be important considering the large poly counts I was aiming for. Simplygon was the best tool that I used and the folks at Donya Labs were incredibly patient and supportive of me and Star Citizen in our early days when the game was far from a sure thing. I couldn’t be happier to announce that Simplygon is our official LOD tool for Star Citizen.”

Better?
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    A company that successfully launches a good product has accomplished something.

Short of that, nothing matters, including how many people you hire.

Anything else is a waste of time, money, and effort (except for those who lined their pockets).

That is the bottom line.
  • BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Give me a 100 million and I'll get a team of 20,000 people by next week.  Doesn't mean jack.  And I'm even surprised they don't even got 1000 people yet, so what exactly is all the bragging about? Because it's nothing to be proud of and SC doesn't seem to be aiming a release date by 2020. 
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    scorpex-x said:
    Posting in a fact misrepresentation thread

Numerous problems with this.

@scorpex-x @DocBrody
    The disclaimer is right there if you care to look, 'Posting in a fact misrepresentation thread' as in, 'Hey! We can all posts "facts" that look real but don't tell the whole story.'
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    BigRambo said:
    Give me a 100 million and I'll get a team of 20,000 people by next week.  Doesn't mean jack.  And I'm even surprised they don't even got 1000 people yet, so what exactly is all the bragging about? Because it's nothing to be proud of and SC doesn't seem to be aiming a release date by 2020. 

I don´t even know where to start to take this nonsense apart, so I´ll save myself the time and make a sandwich, while this guy replies to you

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Building a large team is easy. Getting that team to make something worthwhile and within a good time frame is something else entirely.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Grunty said:
    Building a large team is easy. Getting that team to make something worthwhile and within a good time frame is something else entirely.
    Well, SC fans do not have anything of the latter so they rejoice at the former!
  • StormsoneStormsone Member UncommonPosts: 83
    BigRambo said:
    Really now you can get 20,000 experienced game developers all working on a project in a cohesive manor in a week? I am amazed by your ability you must have a plethora of management experience.
  • LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Grunty said:
    THIS ---^  So very this ---^  Add to that spending the money wisely, proper project management, achievable goals, a few other factors that may or may not be present in this whole SC debacle. 
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
    Gdemami said:
    Erillion said:
    Again, that is a quote from a journalist, not a direct quote from Chris Roberts.
    https://www.simplygon.com/news/cloud-imperium-games-chooses-simplygon

"Star Citizen is an amazing title with huge interest and Cloud Imperium's decision to use Simplygon is a massive validation of what we do for developers...enabling them to work faster, more efficiently, and ultimately deliver the best AAA game to players." Cloud Imperium Chief Creative Officer and Co-founder Chris Roberts said, “When I was first prototyping Star Citizen back in 2011 I did a lot of research on various LOD processes as I knew this would be important considering the large poly counts I was aiming for. Simplygon was the best tool that I used and the folks at Donya Labs were incredibly patient and supportive of me and Star Citizen in our early days when the game was far from a sure thing. I couldn’t be happier to announce that Simplygon is our official LOD tool for Star Citizen.”

Better?
    Nope.

Read : >>>"...When I was first prototyping Star Citizen back in 2011 I did a lot of research ...."<<<<

Operative word being:  " I "

That Chris Roberts himself is personally working on this since 2004, let alone 2011 is not surprising. It is the continuation of his ideas for Freelancer. We are talking about a team working on it ... and CIG was founded in April 2012 according to their own official homepage ("About us section").

Have fun

Stormsone said:
    BigRambo said:
    Really now you can get 20,000 experienced game developers all working on a project in a cohesive manor in a week? I am amazed by your ability you must have a plethora of management experience.
    Thats the well known "9 pregant women can produce a baby in one month" approach to management.

Have fun
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Company making millions a month is able to hire people.  News at 11.

Nothing about this game is impressive until it's actually made.  Until then it's all marketing and hype.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Erillion said:
    Nope.

Read : >>>"...When I was first prototyping Star Citizen back in 2011 I did a lot of research ...."<<<<

Operative word being:  " I "

That Chris Roberts himself is personally working on this since 2004, let alone 2011 is not surprising. It is the continuation of his ideas for Freelancer. We are talking about a team working on it ... and CIG was founded in April 2012 according to their own official homepage ("About us section").

This is not just a "thought", it is very specific piece of technology he is talking about - very likely he is referring to CryEngine prototype.

Company founding does not determine the start of development process, you are making a straw men argument there.

Every successful Kickstarter computer game project there ever was =
    Date on which consumer could first preorder the game being Day 1.
    Thats the nature of Kickstarter and crowdfunding computer game projects ...

Your point is ?

Have fun

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

This really is all you need to know to put things in perspective. 

but hey some people won´t let facts get into their way :chuffed:

For me it´s pretty obvious, I don´t expect the commercial release to happen before Q2/2017 and I´m perfectly fine with that, it will be worth the wait.

So your counter argument to the claim that they've delivered very little and don't meet their deadlines is to provide a 19-year history that proves not only were their deadlines ridiculous, if they knew what they were doing in the first place they would have never set such grossly unachievable deadlines. 

Got it. 

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?