Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall dev Axilmar quit

ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
Some gems from his Reddit thread:

"Unfortunately the company seemed oblivious to any of my efforts and inquiries to fix the huge staff & organizational issues."

"It seems to me they want to close it down, but then I might be wrong."

"Well, the company had many problems regarding its staff and many organizatonal problems which was unwilling to fix."

"The company doesn't seem to be interested in Darkfall though.

I've repeatedly asked the company to fix its many staff and organizational problems, and I never got an answer."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Darkfall/comments/3qdh22/so_i_heard_dfuw_development_will_be_frozen_for/cwu1r9o

Comments

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Crowfall can't come soon enough.
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Crowfall won't be even close as good as the PvP in Darkfall. The way the have instanced stuff makes me want to puke..

RIP DFUW though unless a company buys it.
  • SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    crowfall... 

i lolled
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    too small not enough money,their games never have a chance.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Crowfall is everything Darkfall wants to be.

-full loot
    -fps combat
    -DFO skill gain
    -wipes
    -has competent developers behind it
    -Shadowbane backing (do I really need to say more?)

Evolve or quit gaming IMO.

Darkfall and AV are going to sink well before licensing of DFO happens.  A dupe that's been active forever is now out in the open and they don't have the team to patch it.  They can ban and are doing so now but that doesn't stop the dupe.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    I don't like the combat animation lock system they got in crowfall. I'm praying on DFO return anyway.

Rise of agon or Darkfall new dawn.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Instancing like Crowfall has, no matter the duration, is not a good thing.
    wormed said:
    I think you have Crowfall worlds confused with WoW dungeons.  The worlds will be Agon sized and have win conditions (aka the wipe that Darkfall players beg for all the time).  Some servers may only last weeks but others will last months and who knows maybe years.  It's a concept that started with a Shadowbane server that had a win condition.  The Shadowbane developers also fiddled with various rule set servers too.  Crowfall is taking the Shadowbane concepts and going nuts with them.

In 8 months the Crowfall developers made a "Dirty Bomb" style lab test setting (no NDA and testing combat FIRST unlike all other MMO's "pre-alpha").  Imagine what they will have when they get into Beta and have the MMO side in testing.

AV is backed by shady financing (drug dealers) and has an "I don't care about DF" attitude as a company.  They don't even have a full time programmer anymore!  Last patch was XML edits and it will be a long time before anything gets added that requires programming.  On the flip side Crowfall has a dream team of developers with actual funding behind them.  They have a test product out in record time and are being transparent as a company.  Who is worth backing?  AV or ACE?  Also, these spin offs from player run companies will never be DFO.  DFO is long gone and you will be disappointing again and again.

Crowfall is the future.  End of story.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Parepin said:
    Crowfall is the future.  End of story.
    Unless it's not.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    last time i checked crowfall.. i will be soft targeting like wildstar and tera online..

darkfall will arrise.. hopefully sooner then i hope..

besides that.. crowfall will never even come close to the fps combat darkfall had to offer.( not talking uw here)
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Crowfall will not be anything like Darkfall, and thank god for that. Darkfall has no chance in hell of surviving longterm while Crowfall is looking more awesome by the day. Will it succeed? I don't know. What I do know is that Darkfall has failed.....twice......

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    wormed said:
    I have a different take.   What caused me to eventually leave the original Darkfall was that the big monster wars ended.  Then it just became people fighting for the sake of being bored.  I like the idea of several month long campaigns.  It's actually a big seller to me.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited January 2016
    wormed said:
    I have a different take.   What caused me to eventually leave the original Darkfall was that the big monster wars ended.  Then it just became people fighting for the sake of being bored.  I like the idea of several month long campaigns.  It's actually a big seller to me.

People kept asking for a wipe in Darkfall which is the same as Crowfall's time limit servers.  AV did a failure of a "soft wipe" to the game that helped put it in its current state: dead.

Crowfall will have "servers like DF" where there is full loot.  They take it a step further where you can lose your character to another player (corpse looting).  That is a little more hardcore than Darkfall will ever be if you don't count the faction servers, guild war servers, and the art style.  Crowfall has a little bit for everyone (I do miss DAoC style 3 ways myself).
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    The whole guild moved to other games, most of them are waiting for crowfall , haven't really looked into it but I'm hoping for a new massive pvp challenge.