Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MOBA I have played.

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
I always liked mobas since Warcraft 3, from the weird dbz ones, to the original dota. My favorite use to be footman wars, but I def like this a lot better. I also played lol, and hon. One major difference your gonna notice from this to lol, it is more team based. It also isn't dead win if one hero starts killing ever one getting 20k gold, and getting 40 plus kills, taking on a whole team. The missions in the map make it really interesting, and the level system vs stupid cookie cutter items, where one guy gets all the gold is 10000 times better. Mounts are cool to. Just a over all fun game, that focuses on team, not one person messing up and the other for crying, and name calling for the rest of the map. In fact from the 10 games I've played no one even talked, but gg at the end. The adding of vocied character commands end up being easier and better than typing.its also not as pay to win as lol, and their runes. Totally free 2 play. The only thing I can kinda compare it to is like eve. In eve the even the lower lvl ships are useful. In this so are you, even though you didn't level up. In lol if you don't buy all the runes, you end up at a serious disadvantage. Blizzard did a good job, and when they fix some of the issues it will highly surpass league of Legends. Like wow did everquest, and d3 all other action rpgs, when they fixed it.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    surpassing LoL is ... like me taking over China.Alone. With a spoon. 

Well... you are a Saiyan...

You won't even need the spoon. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• kuyanofdakuyanofda Member UncommonPosts: 52

its clear this guy never learned the intricacies of league, and how to stop a guy from getting 40+ kills. is that even possible? how do you not finish a game by time you're at 20 kills?

i honestly wish the love for blizzard wasnt as real as the peoples love for apple. im ashamed here. im really ashamed.

again, in all honesty, i dont want to play a game where the single player isnt as important, or able to turn the tide of a game, as the team aspect.  when that happens. i feel like I the sole player, do not matter, and can be replaced with some bot and an algorithm.. i want to do what you dont expect me to do. i want to show you a new or off meta way. I WANT to be the guy that did something you thought was stupid or impossible and pulls it off. THAT is why i play games.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    kuyanofda said:

its clear this guy never learned the intricacies of league, and how to stop a guy from getting 40+ kills. is that even possible? how do you not finish a game by time you're at 20 kills?

i honestly wish the love for blizzard wasnt as real as the peoples love for apple. im ashamed here. im really ashamed.

again, in all honesty, i dont want to play a game where the single player isnt as important, or able to turn the tide of a game, as the team aspect.  when that happens. i feel like I the sole player, do not matter, and can be replaced with some bot and an algorithm.. i want to do what you dont expect me to do. i want to show you a new or off meta way. I WANT to be the guy that did something you thought was stupid or impossible and pulls it off. THAT is why i play games.

You haven't seen 40 kills for one team in lol? Then you haven't played much. The snowball in lol and dota is real. One hero gets some advantage and he rolls the whole map. THe problem with lol and dota players is that are just like you, want to be solo players who carry hard by themselves, ignoring that ultimately it's a team game where the better team wins not the retard who got fed to hell and back.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Try SMITE.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Only moba I play is Smite because it makes me feel like I have better control over what is going on in game vs the clicking genre. I dont really play it because I like the genre but more for the game modes like assault and arena, so I suppose more gameplay that direct and less tedious.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited November 2015
    it very very rare that a champ with 40 kills can win games in LoL. In a team based game- 40 kills happen only if he caught them offguard or picked them off. But in a team fight- you focus the fed guy- he drops in 1 sec- where are your 40 kills now? and since he got all the kills his team is weak.

S2,S3 had those unstoppable 1 vs 5 fights- they changed that long ago.

I think LoL is just 2 complex for you- its better people of your kind stay in blizzard games.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    exile01 said:
    it very very rare that a champ with 40 kills can win games in LoL. In a team based game- 40 kills happen only if he caught them offguard or picked them off. But in a team fight- you focus the fed guy- he drops in 1 sec- where are your 40 kills now? and since he got all the kills his team is weak.

S2,S3 had those unstoppable 1 vs 5 fights- they changed that long ago.

I think LoL is just 2 complex for you- its better people of your kind stay in blizzard games.
    Man get out of here, too complex, haha. No moba is complex, and certainly not LOL pay 2 win rune system. The original was by far the most complex, as far as they go. 
  • XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    DMKano said:
    If Dota2 wiped it's arse and flushed it, HotS would be the watered down excrement particles left over in the bowl after the flush.

Yes I am joking 

Seriously - I get people new to MOBAs liking it because it has no depth of play but, it's just a training wheels game.

Play HotS for a week or 2 then move to Dota2 is my advice, the depth of play and skill required is unparalleled 

Dota2 would be amazing if only you didn't have to wait 2 hours to get into a game, after 1 over 15 players couldn't connect, then it becomes a connection attempt simulator with closing and opening windows, without end. I also hate it when the server disconnects during the battle that you've waited 15-30 minutes for...

In HotS you just click, then *BOOOM*, a game starts soon enough!

"it has no depth of play"

That's a bold & quick/easy statement to make, your opinion pal...