Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only took me one week...

MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
edited October 2015 in Heroes of the Storm
... returning to the game to realize fully the reason I stopped playing.

Blizzard decided the only non-ranked game mode in a small team-based game centered around defined roles should be a mode in which you cannot coordinate composition with your team.

I honestly wonder how so many supposedly competent people working together on a project could make such an obvious mistake.  Making Quick Match the only non-ranked game mode is literally the worst idea for a MOBA I've ever experienced.  I enjoy the absence of the last hit mechanic (it's just a tedious system that only serves to keep the computer mouse industry healthy by increasing the number of clicks you use per game exponentially), I can get used to the team experience mechanic...  But Quick Match is just too terrible an idea for me to stomach.

It goes against the very fabric woven throughout the genre and game.  If heroes could be purpose-built into a few different roles effectively, I could at least give this insane blunder a pass even if I don't like it.  But they cannot, and I cannot.  A team composition of Abathur, Nova, Zeratul, Tyrande, and Gazlowe would never, ever be picked by players able to coordinate their team.  Yet, this happens because Blizzard's design vision for this MOBA is schitzophrenic.

What do you guys think?  Anyone willing to try and convince me that QM is a good thing?

Comments

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Luckily I believe the dev team agrees. They have been taking note of what is getting placed in QM and tweaking the match making system to prevent those team comps as much as possible. Now I still see comps like this, but the match making is at least averaging both teams out with the same type of comp. 

Keep in mind I do not play QM much anymore. I will play it when I unlock a new hero and I am just getting the feel for their mechanic, but other then that I am in HL.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• Alexander.BAlexander.B Member UncommonPosts: 90
    In League of Legends, you have blind pick, draft mode, and ranked. HotS just lacks the draft mode pick but quick match is basically the same as blind pick therefore I don't understand the need for a draft mode (but that's coming from someone who quickmatched 90% of their norms in League).
  • kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
      Anyone willing to try and convince me that QM is a good thing?

Yeah, it adds variety to how you play.  Rather than playing the exact same way every time you play, you have to adjust how you play (and how you build) based on the composition of the group, which makes things much more interesting. 

That's not to say that they couldn't/shouldn't have other modes, but the current mode should stay.

• AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Well now you can.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    But Blizzard takes other people's ideas and makes them better.
    Are you onto something or just on something?