Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 4. Stay the f-- away from the Steam forums. You have been warned.

HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
I went there to see if preload was up yet. There it was. Some fucking jackass put a rumor / spoiler in the title. Not fucking happy. Supposedly. I didn't see this. Mods are avoiding that forum so they don't see the spoilers.  Someone apparently took a screen shot and posted a mod saying this. I can't confirm the last bit but enough people saying it...

Not fucking happy. Think those peoples accounts and every account that can be tied to that household / pc should be terminated. My opinion. They did it for attention and that's what they should get. Games not even out yet and only reason to put something like that in the title is to piss people off. If it were out that would be a different story. But it's not.

Knowing such information effects the way one plays the game. It might not bother everyone the same way. Not saying it should.  You've been warned stay the fuck away from them if you don't want a massive spoiler. 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    yeah that's pretty shitty.  I don't understand why people get a kick out of ruining the enjoyment of others.
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Forums are in chaos atm.   One of the main culprits thread is still there people keep bumping it almost 200 posts.  Spoiler is in the title.  Stay the fuck away. Matter of fact don't go to any forum at this point. It's huge! Seriously  I might get moderated here for my language but what he's doing.  I shouldn't be this frustrated. But the game isn't even released yet and one of the few titles I anticipated before it was even anounced...  Forums are in a uproar currently. Just don't go if you don't want to be spoiled. You will see it.
  • entropyratentropyrat Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Thanks for warning us here, Hulluck. You're a champ.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    EVERY single movie i have watched i did a bit of searching on it b4 i watched it,same for games,i don't see the big deal about some spoiler...ALL information is a spoiler,websites like this is a constant spoiler of information.

Matter of fact most if not all websites want to release a FIRST or breaking news on a game,that is their gig.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    bump
    edited November 2015
    Wizardry said:
    EVERY single movie i have watched i did a bit of searching on it b4 i watched it,same for games,i don't see the big deal about some spoiler...ALL information is a spoiler,websites like this is a constant spoiler of information.

Matter of fact most if not all websites want to release a FIRST or breaking news on a game,that is their gig.
    Not really the same thing.

I went to the forum to check on pre-loading.  THis asshole put the spoiler in the title. Deliberately. I'm watching the forum. Might as well now. He's still actively trolling people and they are trolling back. No moderation. I couldn't avoid it. Go look if it's not a big deal to you. I promise it will change how you play the game. it may not bother you as much as other people and that's fine.  It bothers a lot of people though.  and to say it shouldn't bother people -  isn't ok. If the game were out already that would be one thing. It's not.  He appears to have put the ending in the title and did so intentionally.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    thanks for the heads up.  I won't even watch the new trailer because it has plot elements etc.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• LuminusXLuminusX Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Thanks for the warning
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Wizardry said:

do you look up the endings of those movies?  watching a few trailers and discovering the plot twist at the end are pretty different things.
    We don't know that what he posted is legit. But let's just say Steam forums are a mess currently and you can't avoid seeing it. Op's been going strong for awhile now with no moderation. Actually had mass posts pop up because of his thread.  Actually changed their profile up now and playing the victim card..  People just stay away from the steam fo4 forums. seriously. If this is legit. it has potential to be a massive spoiler.
    Rhoklaw said:
    Yes, it's true. It's a very detrimental spoiler in the title and yes, it may ruin the enjoyment of the game if you see it. So if you want to enjoy every aspect of the game, do as the OP suggests and stay away from the Steam Forums.
    Saw your post over there. :)  Been watching it play out.  
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Staying away from the Steam forums is always good advice no matter what.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Staying away from the Steam forums is always good advice no matter what.
    Very true.  I just had not purchased yet. Was waiting to see what the GMG voucher changed to today.  Then before buying I went to Steam to see if pre-loads started.   

Going to bed. But yep thread is still there.
    Op of that post switched up their profile and is 100% playing stupid and victim. Went back and erased post history best they could.
    Profile started out as SHABLABOOB  and then switch to PattyCakes ^(*ΦωΦ)^ . A couple different versions of the second.
    0 moderation past few hours.  Forums were very chaotic when I started this thread.

Stay away from the Steam forums is the safest bet. That threads on 350ish and still growing.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    lol

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

http://i.imgur.com/MlrYlTh.jpg

I guess it's real..
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I heard they are looking at legal action against the testers that are leaking videos and I guess spoilers now too. I hope they sue the hell out of them.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Meh, account banning is a pretty steep price to pay for peeing on some random neck beard's cheerios.  I hardly ever finish games I buy on Steam.  In fact, I haven't even installed most of the games in my library.  I could care less about spoilers.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I dont go anywhere near Steam period
  • RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    edited November 2015
    DMKano said:
    Makes zero difference to me - I play the game for the experience.

we are all different - getting the ending spoiled makes no difference to me - because I never even follow the story at all

/shrug

Also that spoiler might be a total lie - so again drama over nothing again?

Are you serious? Yes, for some of us revealing a huge plot twist is like totally ruining the experience. And yes it might not be true but at least the op here warned us to stay away IN CASE it's legit. So i wouldn't say drama over nothing mate.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Ginaz said:
    Meh, account banning is a pretty steep price to pay for peeing on some random neck beard's cheerios.  I hardly ever finish games I buy on Steam.  In fact, I haven't even installed most of the games in my library.  I could care less about spoilers.

Oh, I get it!   Things only matter if they bother YOU.  Okay, now I know.   (Sarcasm off)

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

edited November 2015
    DMKano said:
    Makes zero difference to me - I play the game for the experience.

we are all different - getting the ending spoiled makes no difference to me - because I never even follow the story at all

/shrug

Also that spoiler might be a total lie - so again drama over nothing again?

Are you serious? Yes, for some of us revealing a huge plot twist is like totally ruining the experience. And yes it might not be true but at least the op here warned us to stay away IN CASE it's legit. So i wouldn't say drama over nothing mate.
    It seems legit  Pete Hines responded to it.   Op was on Steam is being 100% malicious. I couldn't avoid it. Thousands couldn't avoid it.  For just sending the forums into chaos he should be terminated. His profile page got immense love. He put it in the title and trolled people hard for hours. Then when people started pointing out that they should point Bethesda to the thread since Steam moderation wasn't doing anything as well as people pointed out that he clearly broke Steam rules.  

He switched his account to a another profile.  Changed his story started cleaning up posts.  It's far from harmless. It's the  ending. It will effect choices anyone makes if they find out.  Games is not even released yet. If it were -  I know not to go to the forums but I just wanted information. If pre-loading started since I had not bought the game yet.

Now  -  that might not bother some people. Being told the ending. Not saying it should. It will effect how you play. Choices made.  All accounts that can be tied to that person should be terminated. Don't give a shit if $10k in games are on it.

Why should I now buy the game at full price when the ending has been ruined? Yes there is more to do. But what's the fucking point. It's a RPG about making choices and living with them. This spoiler ruined that. Will effect those choices. You know what to watch for.
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    it's only a game, not life and death.
    it's only a game, not life and death.
    Correct.  No one said that it wasn't.  In the grand scheme of things it isn't important ~ thanks. But it ruins the experience. It might not bother you and that's fine.  People like me probably don't know it's out there. Steam forums were certainly in chaos. Mass posts complaining about this person. He put it up and trolled maliciously and you think that doesn't warrant a response? Steam forums weren't being moderated either. So I wanted to warn people. What's the point in me now spending $70 - $90 fior a game and season pass with an ending and experience ruined? Games not out. So one can't anticipate bombs being dropped like that in titles.
    edited November 2015
    Bump. Title.  it ruins the experience for a lot of people. Hope I get a little understanding with bumping my own thread from moderation or maybe mods might make a announcement somewhere? I just don't want those who visit here first to get spoiled. Assholes are still doing it. I'd just say avoid all forums at this point unless you know for sure they are moderated well.