Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Geralt Goes Hollywood - Live Action Feature Film in 2017 | The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageGeralt Goes Hollywood - Live Action Feature Film in 2017 | The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt | MMORPG.com

Aiming for a 2017 release, Sean Daniel Company of The Mummy franchise fame and Studio Platige Films have announced that a live action feature film is in the initial planning stages. The project already has an Oscar nominated director, Tomasz Baginski, and Thania St. John, known for her work on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, working as a writer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    edited November 2015
    Lets hope it doesnt turn into another Dungeons & Dragons movie then, lol that film was bad :)
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    sooooo who should play Geralt?
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    THat's a tough one. Karl Urban looked similar when in LotRs..change the hair from blonde to white...not sure. not one immediately jumps to mind.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    OMG Yes! Witcher 3 was amazing and the stories found in this world have so much potential in television and movies. Was kidding around with idea for a movie months ago, excited to see it come to fruition.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    edited November 2015
    OMG !
    Post edited by Lobotomist on

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    epoq said:
    sooooo who should play Geralt?

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited November 2015

Lol, shave him. Dress him up from viking to warcraft, Anduin Lothar to witcher:P

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219
    The Witcher might make a better tv series than a movie.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited November 2015
    As if we don't have too many movies where we so lots of tits and ass!!! hahah..i always remember what hivey said in his witcher 3 first impression video every time i read about witcher 3..hahahah

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Got to be Stephen Moyer

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

Some heavy hitters associated with this production.  But in Hollywood, 'in production' can  end up as anything. 

Hope it does well.  Liked the games, liked the derivation of the fantasy world from a more Grimm prospective.  There's enough Disney around already.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Dragnelus said:

Lol, shave him. Dress him up from viking to warcraft, Anduin Lothar to witcher:P
    He would honestly make an excellent Gerolt. But anything is possible, heck I'd even take Tom Hardy after seeing Mad Max (excellent movie if you haven't seen it already).
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Has to be done right, meaning no happy ending. Grim and bleak, cynical, and hopeless. That's the Witcher's world, hope they get it correct and don't try to dumb it down for families or teenagers.

Smile

• SampparoundSampparound Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Some good casting suggestions here. I'll throw David Wenham in the mix, he played Faramir in LOTRO: Return of the King.

Slacker extraordinaire!

• ArturiusArturius Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited November 2015
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Fine, I'll say what's on everyone's mind...Jason Statham. He can drive a horse like no body's business.

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Let's just hope whoever gets cast in the lead is a better actor than the voice actor in the game. Honestly, it's one of the game's few (but major) flaws. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    i wondering about females triss :love: 
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited November 2015
    Oyjord said:
    Let's just hope whoever gets cast in the lead is a better actor than the voice actor in the game. Honestly, it's one of the game's few (but major) flaws. 
    What did you hate about the voice actor? Not sure how much better a near-emotionless (I know he has emotions, they're just impaired from mutations and controlled) character can be portrayed. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Ghavrigg said:
    Oyjord said:
    What did you hate about the voice actor? Not sure how much better a near-emotionless (I know he has emotions, they're just impaired from mutations and controlled) character to be portrayed. 
    Unfortunately for fans of the series, that will have to be changed in the movie if it is to be any good.  Having a lead with no emotions just doesn't work in a movie (unless your goal is to simply make an action movie that cashes in strictly on the game's success and isn't a very good standalone work).

My vote is CGI Arnold from the latest Terminator movie.  Because fuck it, amirite?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Ghavrigg said:
    Oyjord said:
    What did you hate about the voice actor? Not sure how much better a near-emotionless (I know he has emotions, they're just impaired from mutations and controlled) character to be portrayed. 
    Unfortunately for fans of the series, that will have to be changed in the movie if it is to be any good.  Having a lead with no emotions just doesn't work in a movie (unless your goal is to simply make an action movie that cashes in strictly on the game's success and isn't a very good standalone work).

My vote is CGI Arnold from the latest Terminator movie.  Because fuck it, amirite?
    Except Geralt does have emotions, they just aren't very pronounced. They are there but very subtle.

Additionally, what about any old Clint Eastwood western where his demeanor was very stoic? Or the movie "IP Man"? He wasn't a fountain of emotions if I remember correctly?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Sounds great, as long as it is a mature film and doesn't become too Hollywoodized, staying closer to Andrzej Sapkowski's books

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Jax Teller, aka Charlie Hunnam has my vote for Geralt

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    its gonna be a lame holy wood presentation im sure. but the games are still good tho.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    DMKano said:
    That's actually not too crazy of an idea.