Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are people enjoying this game?

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I'm enjoying it, but I definitely had to find the right class. I started off as a summoner, and it was okay, but I found myself bored. Then I tried the Kung Fu Master, and it was a completely different feel, and more my style. Enjoying the game a lot more now.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    DMKano said:
    It's also worth noting that BnS is currently the 2nd most popular MMO in Korea

Probably the most interesting about that list is at least half of those games can run on a toaster. Gameplay > Graphics eh?
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    lzanon said:
    Thread totally derailed. But im going back the the question. I am enjoying the game.  Combat sold me big time. I will agree with the rest that the questing can be a bit meh, but the combat keeps it fresh. I am actually using an xboxone controller and using the defaults. took me a bit to getting used to but after its fun to play. I did choose the controller over the mouse n keyboard due to my inability to press keys (im a clicker in other mmos) my hands betray me as they are shaky due to my meds.

the game does seem to gradually make you feel more badass as you lvl. gaining water walk, wind walk ect. but then introducing you to combos is quite neat. the grafics are nice, but there are some places where my framerate drops. Not sure if its my computer or the hardware used to host the game. I do not remember that type of lag back when the game was in its real beta stage 3 years ago.

but overall, happy. games not perfect and wont suit everyones tastes. I am loving it because my friends are also giving it a shot and we have fun playing together.
    How is optimization?  when I played the russian version my biggest issue was the wild fps fluctuations
  • ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    scorpex-x said:
    lzanon said:
    Thread totally derailed. But im going back the the question. I am enjoying the game.  Combat sold me big time. I will agree with the rest that the questing can be a bit meh, but the combat keeps it fresh. I am actually using an xboxone controller and using the defaults. took me a bit to getting used to but after its fun to play. I did choose the controller over the mouse n keyboard due to my inability to press keys (im a clicker in other mmos) my hands betray me as they are shaky due to my meds.

the game does seem to gradually make you feel more badass as you lvl. gaining water walk, wind walk ect. but then introducing you to combos is quite neat. the grafics are nice, but there are some places where my framerate drops. Not sure if its my computer or the hardware used to host the game. I do not remember that type of lag back when the game was in its real beta stage 3 years ago.

but overall, happy. games not perfect and wont suit everyones tastes. I am loving it because my friends are also giving it a shot and we have fun playing together.
    How is optimization?  when I played the russian version my biggest issue was the wild fps fluctuations
    There are hiccups here and there. mostly noticeable when you are in parts that changes zones I did follow one guide that helped out. http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/126486-switching-graphic-control/

this did helpbut it does sometimes feel its on the servers end. one part i can be passing by alot of people and i get hiccups in preformance. However when there are quite alot on a boss mob, its running fluidly for me. I just got access to using the dragon streams. The first time around i got preformance hiccups but then its now fluid. I do hope they find ways to address that annoyance. atleast for now it has not affected me in combat. just more when sprint running.

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I was hoping to get into the beta, since I won't drop a nickel USD on a game I can't try first.  But, I did not get into this round.  *sigh*  But I'm not worried about questing, I am far more all about the combat, so all of these people that say that the questing sucks doesn't bother me at all. 

One thing in this thread really bothers me.  Someone said 'buy the FP to support the company'.  NCsoft is a huge company with 3 of the top ten games in the world.  They don't need your twenty five bucks.  Or I should say, they need your money, but you don't need to spend it on a lame FP where the only real reward is the 3 day headstart.  That is something you will completely forget about 5-8 days into the game when you hear about the first guy that level caps, and you are still struggling to get to 20.  Unless you HAVE to get into these beta weekends and HAVE to be one of the first players in the game, save your money and spend it after release.  NCoin goes on sale occasionally, so you can get more for your money.  If you wait, that $25 could get you a month's premium, a character slot and 5-600 NCoin.

I'll repeat a point I've made in other threads; the only Founder's Pack worth buying is the one for $125 USD.  You get $160 USD in real world purchases, which makes the additional stuff that much sweeter.  The money you spend on the lesser FPs would be better off spent on NCoin and Premium memberships, plus you are not trapped into a game you may or may not like.
    $25 USD pack has no real money purchases.
    $75 USD pack has $55 in real money purchases.

I won't spend that much on a game unless I try it.  I have plenty of games to entertain me until I get to try it to see if I like it.  If I don't get into the beta at all, I'll play the free to play version after release to see if it will get any of my $$$.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Yes i enjoyed it a lot over the (long)weekend i got to play though the curse voice giveaway... got my destroyer to lvl 45.

There has been QoL improvements over the old client the RU private server uses:
    Costumes stored in there own window.
    No need to level up evo counter part on weapon or accessories.. just the main.
    Extra storage tab in bank for all items none stat related and tab is cheaper to open more space.
    Daily spin wheel which can give items like item upgrade tokens / bag expansion and the tokens for free cash shop currency.
    6 Rows of bag space free and only 4 needing unlocked.
    Can skin weapons to your liking.

Questing and the story seemed pretty much the same.. maybe a few little bits added. All translated in English (didn't see anything that wasn't) and main story fully voiced and seemed westernized flavour to it. Sometimes the voice wouldn't match the subtitles.. but who reads while it been said to you.

That would be the only noticeable bug i can think of voice/text... only other annoyance was when i used throw up in the air skill, it then combo's into smash back down.. but often would target mobs on the ground and use my daze skill which is same key as smash. And other times mobs would go up above you so you need to take step back to use smash. Ofc these probably not a problem once EU server comes and a lot lower ping.

About the servers... i played in Jiwan and run smooth all weekend with very little lag (could easy have been ping issues). This was really refreshing after beta testing Tree of Savior and Devilian which were a laggy mess from entering to end. Just hope the EU servers run as well and keep it NCSoft and not pass it onto gameforge.

That all said.. i don't see how/why it needs 2 months closed beta other than selling founder packs (funny enough, one of the survey quests was how likely are you to purchase one lol). I've played worst games on launch than the experience i had levelling to max in this closed beta (tho the lvl 45 endgame was locked away). Likely why they only selling weekend access and not 24/7 because not much is going to change.

Was a little annoying getting warlock drops when that class isn't unlocked yet... but it does show its running on a up to date client which is good. Looking forward to playing once it does launch or if i can get an invite back into closed beta weekends.
  • aetgfaetgf Member UncommonPosts: 7
    MrSyn said:
    ...Just hope the EU servers run as well and keep it NCSoft and not pass it onto gameforge.

That's my only concern too, because they did that with Aion and with Lineage 2 in the past . With Aion they offered us free account transfers to Gameforge though, but with lineage 2 it was worst, because they forced us to play to servers located in Texas if we wanted to keep playing our accounts, or start a new account from scratch in Europe in diferent company (Innova).
       Anyway to our topic now, I enjoyed the game a lot, the combat is really nice, quests.. ok in a point they can be a bit boring but personally I am covered with combat , pvp , and its good soundtrack. Definetely I will play it when it comes live.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    For those who played the CB, is there controller support?

Dragnelus said:
    For those who played the CB, is there controller support?
    Yes there is. I  have an xbox360 and xboxone controller which were accepted without me doing anything. you do have to, however click on the controller option to get the game to react to the controller.

The default key settings take a bit to getting used to but you can costomize the keys.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,136
    OhhPaigey said:
    I was debating getting a founder's pack, I think the beta is/has been active now, how is everybody liking it?
    I know i have been, haha.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
    Neoyoshi said:
    OhhPaigey said:
    I was debating getting a founder's pack, I think the beta is/has been active now, how is everybody liking it?
    I know i have been, haha.

How dare you make me stare at your butt cheeks XD
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I will play it at launch. But I wont buy a founder pack. 

Imo it looks soo plastic. Gonna wait till more news about black desert and packs.

If im right:

BnS: 1v1 (not p2w, arena) and PvE instanced and open world pvp (p2w)
    Black desert: Open world pvp, GvG and PvE open world bosses (not instanced), crafting (dont know much about EU/NA to call it p2w)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Cant wait to play again. Really enjoyed the last beta.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    I couldn't get into it. The combat was decent, but I'm just so tired of games that are on rails. It also had the typical bells and whistles all over the place that are common among Asian made games. I find that stuff annoying. Every time you log in, spin the wheel! Pray every day for this bonus! Use the red coins for this, the blue coins for that, the yellow for something else. 

No thanks. I want a game that says, here's the world, here's what you can do in it, have fun. 
  • ReaperJodaReaperJoda Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Hell ya, great combat and beautiful game so far.
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I played this game years ago when it first came out over seas, so maybe a lot has changed since then. But the best way I could describe B&S is a karate SWTOR
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Combat indeed seems pretty good and I enjoyed a lot, but I was kinda disappointed over the story (well the first 20 levels of it) probably because I first red a few comments how super good it is.
    Then again I never really was into Asian style games.
    One other thing that irked me was the small and coridored zone layouts and lots and lots of invisible walls.
  • AkemieAkemie Member UncommonPosts: 50
    This game is amazing and addicting.  I have the deep down excitement that I had years ago when I started playing WoW.  There is something special about B&S.  Give it a try and see for yourself. :)
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    DMKano said:
    The combat is a plus. 
    Questing is a minus
    Each class has a single hongmon weapon that can evolve into legendary (plus from balancing perspective minus from lack of diversity - everyone is the same end game)

I hate the questing but combat is pretty fun so it's a mixed bag IMO

I think it's totally worth playing 

That just kills it for me.   If there is no character building it holds no appeal. 
  • maydaysosmaydaysos Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I've been play for the last 2 years. This game is the truth. so much fun!!!. 
  • AceMasterAceMaster Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited November 2015
    blamo2000 said:
    DMKano said:
    The combat is a plus. 
    Questing is a minus
    Each class has a single hongmon weapon that can evolve into legendary (plus from balancing perspective minus from lack of diversity - everyone is the same end game)

I hate the questing but combat is pretty fun so it's a mixed bag IMO

I think it's totally worth playing 

That just kills it for me.   If there is no character building it holds no appeal. 
    Endgame differences between character:
    - it has a talent system for each skill. You can change a single attack to aoe, decrease or increase cooldown on the expense of damage and so on (it depends on character class and skill, also you can't choose everything)
    - you have the equivalent of armor sets called soul shields ( 8 pieces) which you can combine however you like. Set bonus at 3,5 and 8 pieces.
    - you can enchant those pieces of soul shield with extra stats
    - some soul shields stats are random when you pick them( not all of them, i think those that you get from roulette or shops have static stats)

Some other things that doesn't really make you unique but matters:
    - you get stats as you level and some stats loose their value. For example 100 crit might give you x% crit chance at level 1, but it will be less % at level 10
    - you need to farm for last tier of skills (not sure what you need to do tough, heard it's related with achievements) so not everyone will have legendary skills
    - jewlry and weapon can be evolved, but it's not that easy as you need mats and specific weapons to upgrade and breakthrough. Everyone will want to have max, but not everyone will.(not sure on how difficult it will be at launch to max, but should increase in difficult as we get more content and the max is increased)

Isn't that enough character building?

of course they will be recommended and best builds for pvp,pve,dungeons, but you can still experiment and play the way you want to

in pvp 1vs1, equipment doesn't matter so only talent system matters.
  • Lo-KiLo-Ki Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I can't do it, the character creation is so garishly ridiculous as most Asian MMORPGs are, this is absolutely no different and obviously geared to your typical prepubescent teen.  From extremely feminine male models to overly sexualized female ones this game is bad just from the initial impression.  Upon entering the game the UI takes up a good 80% of the screen.  Uninstalled.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Most definitely so, my favorite MMO in years atm, I had no idea that faction PvP was so much an element of this game and I love how it's handling in SWG style with an on/off duty mechanic. 

I imagine this game is going to take quite alot of people by surprise. It has me.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Lo-Ki said:
    I can't do it, the character creation is so garishly ridiculous as most Asian MMORPGs are, this is absolutely no different and obviously geared to your typical prepubescent teen.  From extremely feminine male models to overly sexualized female ones this game is bad just from the initial impression.  Upon entering the game the UI takes up a good 80% of the screen.  Uninstalled.
    I'm pretty certain that if you actually explored the character creator you could have made more "butch" males and less "sexualized" females.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo