Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The much cried for "Road Map" and many other Requests Met

BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355
http://https//swordcoast.com/content/sword-coast-legends-state-game

There is a lot, and much coming before the end of "Launch Month".

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

Comments

• BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    As mentioned in the News post here: http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/36912/Sword-Coast-Legends-State-of-the-Game-Addresses-Concerns-Announces-Free-DLC.html#vanilla-comments

Really welcome news. One has to wonder though, why not just have gotten this free DLC into the actual game release? These changes really could turn many frowns upside down, but first impressions have already been made...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited October 2015
    As mentioned in the News post here: http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/36912/Sword-Coast-Legends-State-of-the-Game-Addresses-Concerns-Announces-Free-DLC.html#vanilla-comments

Really welcome news. One has to wonder though, why not just have gotten this free DLC into the actual game release? These changes really could turn many frowns upside down, but first impressions have already been made...
    Lol, I would never look at this game, when i saw the message, well i want my 8 year olds to be able to be a dungeon master, and play the game HA.  So either he is a shit bad parent, and lets his 8 year old's know about all the adult concepts in a adult RPG, or he made this a kids game. Im going with he made it a kids game, considering the mass focus of this game is a console  release, with PC players being the test base. 

I consider the first month of a new release to be "launch".  Anyone not patient enough to wait two weeks to get news and a road map, is likely not worth playing with.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited October 2015
    I played D&D at 8
    Playing a paper game with friends of your age is way different, than playing a game, with plots of murder, sex, destruction, with the graphics to go with it. Not to mention it is a online game, and if his goal is a children game, seriously what are you doing going on a children game, where you know a bunch of kids are gonna be playing. 
    I played D&D at 8
    Playing a paper game with friends of your age is way different, than playing a game, with plots of murder, sex, destruction, with the graphics to go with it. Not to mention it is a online game, and if his goal is a children game, seriously what are you doing going on a children game, where you know a bunch of kids are gonna be playing. 
    Where are you getting that their goal is to produce a "children's game"?

There is quite a bit of blood, exploding bodies, carnage, cries for help and the last gasps before dying.  

Im not saying it is or should be rated "Mature" or Y14, but it is not rated G either.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I played D&D at 8

It actually was not that different. D&D has become this 'thing' that people think computers cannot capture. Running a module with your friends can still be done today just as it was 40 and 50 years ago. 
    As someone who has not played PnP D&D since 1987, and never got into Roll D20 style virtual TT, I really get that nostalgic feeling when playing SCL with a live and skilled DM and player group.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Bluddwolf said:

I consider the first month of a new release to be "launch".  Anyone not patient enough to wait two weeks to get news and a road map, is likely not worth playing with.

You can redefine the word launch to fit whatever you like internally, but the vast majority of people would say that "launch" would be the time the game actually, you know.. launches.  Let's not go down that path though as it leads to that dark place of "Early Enrollment" vs "Beta" vs "Launch" from that other game.

Besides, the KEY feature is really the Update 3 which will hopefully be mid-late Dec.  THAT update will hopefully enable the creation of really detailed campaigns.

If they had actually launched (as in, when the game launched) with all these I think it would have been better received all around.  I really enjoyed the single player game and have now shelved it until Update 3 when I can hopefully dive in and try to create some cool campaign/modules.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It seems like they are really going for another Baldur's gate.Yes like many i loved Baldur's gate but that was what 20 years ago?Also dungeon master gaming does nothing for me at all,simply not my cup of green tea.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited November 2015
    Wizardry said:

It seems like they are really going for another Baldur's gate.Yes like many i loved Baldur's gate but that was what 20 years ago?Also dungeon master gaming does nothing for me at all,simply not my cup of green tea.
    This thing is so far from Baldur's Gate that you should not even bring it up.

Pillars of Eternity was "that game".

This game is probably the worst of the latest batch of games to come out during the recent cRPG revival.

It was marketed heavily as a "D&D game", and even if you consider the 5th ed rules "D&D", this game barely has anything to do with them.

This game was a clear miss out of the gate and now the people making this thing are desperately trying to do anything to get people interested in this sub par title, that they are still selling for $40. It is about #80 on the Steam top sellers list and it has below 60% positive player reviews.

This game might be "good" at some point, but it has a long way to go to escape the fact that it has a shallow, weak core game with little difficulty and few meaningful choices. And it is not the "D&D" game that was promised.

Maybe worth buying on the $10 rack 6-12 months from now.

But not before then.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다