Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xenoblade developers cave to western feminists. Western version censored.

12346»

Comments

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited November 2015
    Sovrath said:
    Kiyoris said:
    here is the proof that Nintendo said there was no change at Pax in August

between August and now, something changed, and Nintendo caved

So people saying "Developers wanted the change"...are flat out wrong, the developer panel said they DID NOT want to change anything.

So you are saying it's absolutely hot possible ...<snip>

You are saying it absolutely not possible...<snip>
    don't put words in my mouth
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited November 2015
    Kiyoris said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kiyoris said:
    here is the proof that Nintendo said there was no change at Pax in August

between August and now, something changed, and Nintendo caved

So people saying "Developers wanted the change"...are flat out wrong, the developer panel said they DID NOT want to change anything.

So you are saying it's absolutely hot possible ...<snip>

You are saying it absolutely not possible...<snip>
    don't put words in my mouth
    Great so let us accept that the developers might have changed their mind and let's get off this idea that because a different outcome is happening the developers have caved.

It might be just as simple as thing changed on their end and they decided to make the alterations.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited November 2015
    Distopia said:
    Censorship is always incredibly lame and this is no exception.
    Self censorship is simply smart business when moving products to differing markets with different cultural traits.
    I agree that it is more profitable to take the target market's culture into consideration than it is to ignore it.  It always leaves a bad taste when I see it happen, though.  I think it's a much healthier precedent to let the designers put out the game they want and let the people who will look for reasons to get offended be extra offended until their silly little heads explode from the pointless rage.  The instant that the world stops changing to make these types of people more comfortable the better off the rest of us will be.

I don't disagree when it comes to most things, anime and the like gets a little tricky though in the realm of sexuality, even as a non-parent I can see that. We're just culturally different in the US on the subject, what would pass for teen viewing in Japan is just a lot different than it is in the US.

That said I've always been of the idea, "don't like it? don't buy or watch it". SO I see where you are coming from.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    edited November 2015

The common practice of including muscle definition in male characters is hardly similar to the way the female form is enhanced in most games.  Bras and armor fit to bursting on a female chest where every lurid detail and curve can be oggled would be mirrored in male characters having much more definitive detail visible in the crotch area and oversized to boot.  If men being shirtless was actually considered partial nudity, we wouldn't be allowed to take our shirts off in public.
    So, in other words, there's no problem at all with the characters specific to this thread, as they are not depicted as "bras fit to bursting on a female chest where every lurid detail and curve can be oggled". Rather, the character is rather petite, not at all "bursting" in any sense. Yet, it's the subject of debate as being "inappropriate".

So, here we have the subject of this very thread proving your assessment incorrect. 

Seems you need to re-think your position, and be a bit more inclusive of all the evidence, and not only what suits you. You're committing the same sin of confirmation bias as SBFord in their post - only acknowledging what fits your narrative, while ignoring what doesn't - even when it's right in your face, as the subject of this thread.

Now let's see how you shift the goal post.