Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xenoblade developers cave to western feminists. Western version censored.

Comments

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited November 2015
    Torval said:
    The problem with your position is first that you pointed blame to some group that had nothing to do with the change.
    Considering I saw these people complain about it on Twitter, and considering they have been extremely vocal lashing out at Nintendo on almost every single game released in the last months, I have no doubts Nintendo caved to public pressure.

Because at PAX, several months ago, they assured there would be "no change at all".

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Reiterating again that pixels are neither minors, nor do they have any legal standing.  There is no moral argument to be made here at all.
    edited November 2015
    here is the proof that Nintendo said there was no change at Pax in August

between August and now, something changed, and Nintendo caved

So people saying "Developers wanted the change"...are flat out wrong, the developer panel said they DID NOT want to change anything.

Torval said:
    Has any content been cut?
    let's not start a semantics game, they clearly meant nothing would get censored
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I think people need to learn the difference between being censored and someone wanting to avoid a shitstorm.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    The West seems to be the only region where fan service affects people's mind and feminazis show up to cause trouble.

Asia creates those fan services and they dont have any problem with it and their minds are clear as water.

/facepalm

We just cant handle it.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    edited November 2015
    So one single screencap makes up the entierty of your evidence... Good job. 

Yeah i know it is scary that things change... And yes i will admit that we will see some rather interesting "over reactions" while the new balance is found, such as the people who cry for the complete removal of exposed female skin in video games... But these are not the people that will be the norm in the long. Understand that in order to reach a new middleground where everyone is treated equally and given the same amount of of exposure (and clothing) ON AVERAGE. That will be a journey with the crazy extremes... It will be unpleasant at times... And in the end we will have a better world.

Do you know why i say that... Because i have seen what a little work towards equality can do... Such as letting me get marrid in most of the US if i should so choose... So i have a hard time seeing how us all working to create a space where noone is treated as an object... Or am i worng? 

The West seems to be the only region where fan service affects people's mind and feminazis show up to cause trouble.

Asia creates those fan services and they dont have any problem with it and their minds are clear as water. 

/facepalm

We just cant handle it.

The is the beauty of culture is it not... Different values in different places... And even bettre, you do not need to agree. 

This have been a good conversation

edited November 2015
    I think people need to learn the difference between being censored and someone wanting to avoid a shitstorm.
    The "shitstorm" was created by giving in to the censorship crowd.

When the "feminist bloggers" started attacking Nintendo.

Nintendo, not understanding how ruthless and vile some of those people are, decided to do a good deed, and decided to make a Nintendo Women's History month campaign.

Here are some pictures of it.

Instead of appreciation, Nintendo got attacked even more.

Nintendo is so confused right now, they don't even know what to do.

Meanwhile, all the companies that said "screw censorship", don't get attacked, because the censorship crowd realized it's pointless.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

There is no 'The Feminists'.    There are only people.   And we know that there are all types out there,  including some given to excess when faced with a computer screen plugged into the internet.

Ample evidence here, on any number of personal or ideological positions.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Again... I would not exactly take any blog that use the words "social justice warriors" as a trusty reporter on matters regarding Feminism... That would be like asking "the Klan" to write a expose of the history of the US slave trade. #not1to1butitpaintsagoodimage

No one sane is denying that there are people who take the whole "man hate" thing WAAAAAAY to far. But you have that in any movement. They are the outliers, the anomalies. The ones that will become a footnote in history. 

tawess said:

Do you know why i say that... Because i have seen what a little work towards equality can do... Such as letting me get marrid in most of the US if i should so choose... So i have a hard time seeing how us all working to create a space where noone is treated as an object... Or am i worng?
    I will just say, be careful who you associate yourself with, they might turn out to have ulterior motives to appease to you, a motive other than you having the opportunity to get married (which I fully support). That is all I will say about it, because I prefer the discussion to be about the game, otherwise a mod will just shut down the thread.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Kiyoris said:
    Maybe the real question is.
    Why do you want this?
    I don't know who you're referring to, but I want the original version of the game, as intended by the developer.

How do you know the developer didn't want to have the character dressed and older to begin with, but had to compromise their work in order to appeal to an audience that preferred younger, less-dressed characters? 

Maybe what we are getting is the intended version.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Loktofeit said:
    Kiyoris said:
    Maybe the real question is.
    Why do you want this?
    I don't know who you're referring to, but I want the original version of the game, as intended by the developer.

How do you know the developer didn't want to have the character dressed and older to begin with, but had to compromise their work in order to appeal to an audience that preferred younger, less-dressed characters? 

Maybe what we are getting is the intended version.

The fact they promised no change at Pax.

You are correct, that it is increasingly hard to know what changed and why, but this is being caused by the extremely vocal holier than thou crowd who thinks they can make moral decisions for others.

Before, it was rather simple, if a game had been censored, you could safely assume, it was an officially appointed government institution making the suggestion.

This also gave the developers plenty of time, because these games are submitted before release.

But considering the amount of times game companies have caved to PC correctness, you are correct, we no longer can be 100% sure what, why or how.
    edited November 2015
    Kiyoris said:
    tawess said:

I will just say, be careful who you associate yourself with, they might turn out to have ulterior motives to appease to you, a motive other than you having the opportunity to get married (which I fully support). That is all I will say about it, because I prefer the discussion to be about the game, otherwise a mod will just shut down the thread.
    Well i do know who i associate with.. Do you know who you associate with..? Do you know if they have ulterior motives...? =) 

But i have to say that it is nice to see that "you support" something at least. 

Kiyoris said:
    The fact they promised no change at Pax.

No they said "no cut content" and as people have told others many time on this site... Cosmetics are not content. =P 

On a more serious note we can not say what the actually meant by content, afaik the only part that is different is a tiny cosmetic change to get around EU rating systems and avoid a higher rating level that could deter customers. But i guess if we go by the letter of the law.1... Yes you are right... 

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Is it a joke that half the posts on this are censored? Being a discussion on it.

No... we all went sort off-topic quite a bit and more than a few people got kind of hostile. =) So it would be normal going by the rules of the forum in question. 

• stonyleinstonylein Member UncommonPosts: 88
    are the misogynist gamergate kids still around? pathetic.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Kiyoris said:

This cracks me up so much.
    Feminists rage over pink mushroom girls being a bad female role model?

In that case I demand that Toad should be removed :
    THE GUY IS SIMPLY NOT MANLY ENOUGH TO REPRESENT MEN!!!
    Harbinger of Fools
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    edited November 2015
    Aori said:
    Bikini's = Strong sexual content? You're suggesting a bikini is akin to child nudity? "we can't let our children see children in bikini's!" bet that makes swim practice really freaking difficult.
    Never really understood this.  Bikinis are essentially underwear, just usually with thicker material to keep the mentionables unmentionable.

Anyway, this change has no bearing on my decision to buy the game.  I was more peeved over the fact that they were releasing characters/quests as DLC a couple weeks after the game launched in Japan, but since they announced it would all be included in the Western release that's no longer an issue for me.
    edited November 2015
    Dakeru said:
    Kiyoris said:

This cracks me up so much.
    Feminists rage over pink mushroom girls being a bad female role model?

In that case I demand that Toad should be removed :
    THE GUY IS SIMPLY NOT MANLY ENOUGH TO REPRESENT MEN!!!
    Ridiculous right.

These feminists have been going after Nintendo games for over a year now. Every newly released Nintendo game, is a potential new target for them.

Ever since Nintendo responded to them, they have been hacking away at Nintendo. If you give them an inch, they will take a mile.

Companies that have not responded with appeasement and censorship, aren't a target for them, since they can't touch them since they ignore all these feminist groups.

Nintendo thought you could reason with these people, they have censored games in response, they have started "women campaigns", "women history months", each time Nintendo does that, they hack away more at Nintendo. They will not stop until Nintendo grovels at their feet.

Everyone in the West knows appeasing to these people this is a mistake.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    SBFord said:
    BigRambo said:
     When people cry more about having naked pixels rather than better game play, is the main reason why games are dumbed down.  Man do I miss the SNES 90's era of gaming. 
    When they start showing male characters in thongs and bikinis, let's talk. Until then, this is the right decision.
    Why do people even make that argument? You're literally saying when they start dressing men like women then it will be ok to leave it uncensored? What kind of logic is that. How about the 50 million video game covers with topless strong men? Oh yeah those we'll leave out because that runs counter to your argument.

Personally I could care less about the censorship though. Unless that character's clothing or lack thereof somehow changes the game/story it doesn't make a difference.

Steam: Neph

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited November 2015
    "…a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

People adopt the strangest causes in the name of panties. The same faux moral outrage that we see every time someone dares to cover (or expose!) a nipple.

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited November 2015
    Wildstar did this, lots of players bailed as soon as it was reported.

Won't play this game either.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Censorship is always incredibly lame and this is no exception.
    Self censorship is simply smart business when moving products to differing markets with different cultural traits.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Kiyoris said:
    here is the proof that Nintendo said there was no change at Pax in August

between August and now, something changed, and Nintendo caved

So people saying "Developers wanted the change"...are flat out wrong, the developer panel said they DID NOT want to change anything.

So you are saying it's absolutely hot possible that they looked at their position and realized that if they did make changes that they might be able to sell to a greater demographic?

You are saying it absolutely not possible for them to change their mind? It's beyond the pale, never can be considered?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo