Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are people enjoying this game?

OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
I was debating getting a founder's pack, I think the beta is/has been active now, how is everybody liking it?
When all is said and done, more is always said than done.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited October 2015
    I've been liking it but it's important to note it is "thus far" very story driven.

Some people may not like that. I've been too busy trying out different classes so have not gotten far enough to see whether one could just go off the beaten pass and leave the story behind if they wanted.

Oh, and some of the music is very beautiful.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Speaking of classes, they seem rather uninspired and narrowly focused.  Is everything a class has to offer only about combat?

• LoganKaiLoganKai Member UncommonPosts: 16
    The story is interesting, but the questing is bland.

The combat is amazing and has great depth, but normal mobs get repetitive fast. 

For me the combat is enough to make sure that I will play this as soon as it comes out.
    It really is awesome, and makes you feel badass.

That said, buy Founder to support the devs, but not for beta access.  Its only a few weekends before the end of the year.  This game has been out for a while overseas so they are mainly testing server/network issues and finalizing the localization process.  
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    if the game was that great it would have come 3y ago.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am enjoying Blade And Soul more then any other game right now. Love the story and the combat. Dont really mind the bland questing because of how much I like fighting with my Assasin. Blade And Soul will be my main game when it releases. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    DMKano said:
    It's also worth noting that BnS is currently the 2nd most popular MMO in Korea

That's not what that chart means, that is showing the most popular mmo in pc bang cafes.

Koreans also play titles from home.
    DMKano said:
    scorpex-x said:
    DMKano said:

That's not what that chart means, that is showing the most popular mmo in pc bang cafes.

The percent of players from cafes is over 90% of total playerbase - it doesn't change the numbers at all.

So not sure what your point is.
    The point is that it's not accurate, 90% of all mmo players don't play in internet cafes.
    DMKano said:
    scorpex-x said:
    DMKano said:
    scorpex-x said:
    DMKano said:

Can you provide more accurate data?

I have been using Game Note as a metric to measure the popularity of Korean mmos for a long time. Its the most accurate data available.
    edited October 2015
    DMKano said:
    scorpex-x said:
    DMKano said:
    scorpex-x said:
    DMKano said:

The percent of players from cafes is over 90% of total playerbase - it doesn't change the numbers at all.

So not sure what your point is.
    The point is that it's not accurate, 90% of all mmo players don't play in internet cafes.

Can you provide more accurate data?
    No but that doesn't mean your list is accurate anymore than posting a steam listing and saying it shows how popular mmorpg titles are because it's very popular for certain kinds of games like mobas etc.

If you posted this:
    http://steamcharts.com/
    As a list of how popular mmo titles are in the west you would be laughed at, the chart you posted is no better.

If you want to use that kind of data at least state what it is.

There is no way to tell how an mmo is doing to put it in a list like that because the companies don't give the data out, the pc bang games listings are also skewed because the publishers pay to have their games listed among other things.  It's just not a good indicator or accurate for mmorpg game listsings.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Why does a game being popular in Korea matter to us? I don't see many people NA/EU talking about Lineage 1...

I didn't enjoy B&S. I thought the combat was "neat", but not as good as TERA. The lack of collision with that sort of combat system felt very awkward. I also felt wayyyy too OP. I didn't enjoy how fast mobs died. You get so many skills that you never really learn to use because of how fast mobs die. The only time I actually had decent battles was after I put my level 1 trainer weapon back on. I don't mind losing $25, but I'm very glad I didn't spend $125.

Lots of people are enjoying it though, I think there are more keys floating around now so it shouldn't be hard to get in and try for yourself.
    Accurate by who?  People who aren't korean keep saying it's accurate with nothing to back that up. again it's no different than a korean posting steam charts and saying the same thing because vast numbers of gamers use it (They just don't use it for mmorpg titles that much).

The vast majority of PC bang gaming is on mobas, not mmorpg titles.

You can't list bang cafe numbers and show a list as if its accurate because it's not.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    DMKano said:
    scorpex-x said:
    Accurate by who?  People who aren't korean keep saying it's accurate with nothing to back that up. again it's no different than a korean posting steam charts and saying the same thing because vast numbers of gamers use it (They just don't use it for mmorpg titles that much).

The vast majority of PC bang gaming is on mobas, not mmorpg titles.

You can't list bang cafe numbers and show a list as if its accurate because it's not.

The list includes all games including mobas - the first number in the column shows the position on the chart that counts all games.

So as you can see BnS is 2nd MMO but 5th overall PC game.

I just logged in to say that this is the best comment from KANO :)

/KABUM

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

edited October 2015
    This is from another post.

Again the numbers are not accurate at all.
    Not only is it just pc internet cafe games but it's only specific ones.

"

Ikcin, you again referencing gamenote.com as the end-all-be-all ranking system for games in Korea. Since we last talked I have figured out how gamenote.com works (which I mentioned earlier in this thread if you actually read it).

Gamenote.com has deals with SOME PC Bang's in Korea (internet cafe's) and the game "rankings" are based on the games being played in PARTICIPATING PC Bangs.. read: NOT ALL. This is no way represents the OVERALL trend of the game in the country. Especially considering BDO's high-end graphics requirements, time dedication, etc. I have also found multiple sources that show that PC Bang "rankings" are misleading at the very least and except in the case of games like LoL, SC2, etc. are completely wrong. But please, feel free to tell me how I am wrong.

"

If you want to keep pushing this list as if it somehow offers data that is impossible to get then fine but it's not, it's just showing what games are played in gaming cafes and there are numerous reasons why that data is flawed.

You know I'm right on what I just said so outside of "well you have nothing better" I'm not sure why you are arguing.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    scorpex-x said:
    This is from another post.

Again the numbers are not accurate at all.
    Not only is it just pc internet cafe games but it's only specific ones.

"

Ikcin, you again referencing gamenote.com as the end-all-be-all ranking system for games in Korea. Since we last talked I have figured out how gamenote.com works (which I mentioned earlier in this thread if you actually read it).

Gamenote.com has deals with SOME PC Bang's in Korea (internet cafe's) and the game "rankings" are based on the games being played in PARTICIPATING PC Bangs.. read: NOT ALL. This is no way represents the OVERALL trend of the game in the country. Especially considering BDO's high-end graphics requirements, time dedication, etc. I have also found multiple sources that show that PC Bang "rankings" are misleading at the very least and except in the case of games like LoL, SC2, etc. are completely wrong. But please, feel free to tell me how I am wrong.

"

If you want to keep pushing this list as if it somehow offers data that is impossible to get then fine but it's not, it's just showing what games are played in gaming cafes and there are numerous reasons why that data is flawed.

You know I'm right on what I just said so outside of "well you have nothing better" I'm not sure why you are arguing.
    Man you bad! When there is a survey about sugar , the company does not "ask" all the population who consumes sugar ! It's that clear ?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    DMKano said:
    The combat is a plus. 
    Questing is a minus
    Each class has a single hongmon weapon that can evolve into legendary (plus from balancing perspective minus from lack of diversity - everyone is the same end game)

I hate the questing but combat is pretty fun so it's a mixed bag IMO

I think it's totally worth playing 

hongmon weapon is that  like a living weapon?  Living weapon is one that essentially gains xp and new stats/abilities over time.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Blade And Soul is one of the top mmos in the world because its one of the best. The next big thing is here.  =)
  • MelidasMelidas Member UncommonPosts: 10
    @OhhPaigey Im loving this game, definitely worth it.
  • CVSingularityCVSingularity Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Definitely loving this game, a lot going on & the fact it has an over seas fan base as well adds to it :)
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Played it for 2-3 hrs, and all I can say is blahhhhhhhhh.
    edited November 2015
    ikcin said:
    scorpex-x said:

Gamenote.com has deals with SOME PC Bang's told you to in Korea (internet cafe's) and the game "rankings" are .

And I told you to learn what is representativeness of data. You say most of the people play mobas in the PC bangs, but do you have any numbers and data? No. You assume what people do. In fact LoL is much more popular than WoW worldwide. You can easily check this in the web. Your theory about the games with high requirements, that people play in their homes, is false too, as a new games like Icarus and B&S has pretty high rankings.
    I didn't write it, I just quoted the person who did.

but..

These charts aren't official numbers from gaming companies, because the companies running these games DO NOT give this information out.
    PC bang charts like this are only showing what people play in internet cafes and only in certain ones that are probably cherry picked to keep advertisers like NCsoft happy.
    What people will play in an internet cafe is not the same as what they will play at home (more shallow pvp action combat titles do better than pve titles there).
    They give no solid information how they get their data at all and have to answer to nobody on accuracy, ever.
    The charts can be easily fluffed by companies like NCsoft paying money to the privately owned pcbangs for more favourable spots, special deals like cheaper/free hourly rates at peak playing time or free drinks when playing specific titles etc.
    The different companies that chart what is played offer wildy different listings and placements.
    The data is collected from participating pc bangs only and they are almost all small privately owned cafes, and not some big chain that would possibly be more accountable. They could be building these charts from 2 pc bangs or it could be 100 pc bangs.  Nobody knows and none of them are accountable for offering misleading/wrong numbers.
    All these Korean charts are no better or worse than Xfire.

The only reason anyone gives them any credence is because they can't read Korean and don't know what they actually are, many of the people who lord these charts as accurate are the first to laugh if you post Xfire numbers yet these are no better at all and you can't prove otherwise.

Unless of course you think that these chart websites are not influenced by mega companies like NCsoft advertising and neither are the privately owned PC bangs?  None of these people like money yo, they are too honest to do anything like that and Ncsoft would never offer them money either.  That never happens. 

Do I have better charts?  No, does that in some way validate them as in any way accurate?  No, so stop misleading people into thinking they are some kind of accurate chart of Korean gaming when no such chart exists anywhere in the world, east or west.

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Thread totally derailed. But im going back the the question. I am enjoying the game.  Combat sold me big time. I will agree with the rest that the questing can be a bit meh, but the combat keeps it fresh. I am actually using an xboxone controller and using the defaults. took me a bit to getting used to but after its fun to play. I did choose the controller over the mouse n keyboard due to my inability to press keys (im a clicker in other mmos) my hands betray me as they are shaky due to my meds.

the game does seem to gradually make you feel more badass as you lvl. gaining water walk, wind walk ect. but then introducing you to combos is quite neat. the grafics are nice, but there are some places where my framerate drops. Not sure if its my computer or the hardware used to host the game. I do not remember that type of lag back when the game was in its real beta stage 3 years ago.

but overall, happy. games not perfect and wont suit everyones tastes. I am loving it because my friends are also giving it a shot and we have fun playing together.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Thanks everyone! :)
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I like the open world pvp when ya get people willing to wear their faction and not hide like cowards