Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Anew with WildStar: Reloaded - Som Pourfarzaneh at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageStarting Anew with WildStar: Reloaded - Som Pourfarzaneh at MMORPG.com

I’ve always considered WildStar to be a great game with a lot of promise. I’ve praised it, I’ve critiqued it, and I’ve suggested it as one of our Five MMOs for Experienced Players. Carbine Studios’ flagship MMORPG has seen a lot of improvements and additions since its launch over a year ago, culminating in the free-to-play rebranding as WildStar: Reloaded last month.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• djnj2000djnj2000 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Been playing it since F2P started, haven't stopped yet. The Shades Eve and Grand Prix event have been good distractions for me to stop questing for a while and just chill out in the main town and do some event dailies. I hate and love trick or treating as it's nice for you to visit homes, but it's so hard to find the right candy unless someone says it in zone chat. Overall with the game it's really been good. I've been burnt out on Maplestory for years now, tried TERA (it was good then meh), hopped to a lot of MMORPGs thinking this will be the one, finally I've found an MMO to be my main. They all disappointed me after a while, but Wildstar has so far held my attention, it has everything I want form cool sci-fi elements, the artstyle paired with the graphics awesome mounts, cooking (yea I know weird), housing, dungeons, spontaneous world events, challenges (the cool ones where you jump and dodge and collect cool stuff, not the kill ones, those are just re-branded kill quests lol). But yea, I've been playing for the past 3 weeks now and I think this game will continue to do well, I give Carbine Studios props for such an awesome game. Sorry this was so long, but I don't usually do long comments like this, but I see a lot of hate on the game and just want to share some of my positivity towards it. Anyway can't wait for the Christmas even coming in December. :D Signed - A happy player
  • MMOPlayaMMOPlaya Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Is the interface and user (player) experience still too busy? Are you still constantly barraged by "CHALLENGE!!", then "phone calls" from NPC's, and all that sort of thing as was the case at launch? I mean there was so much activity going on screen at any given time it would give me a headache.
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Loved every millisecond on my way to 50 and then... umm now what moment? I don't do raids and in case of Wildstar I avoid dungeons like a plague. So that leaves me grinding dailies, expeditions or pvp. By skipping dungeons and raid I really don't need "better" gear outside what I can get from pvp. Grinding expeditions would work for money for CREED lets say but don't really need signature status any more. And we come to the last one pvp which is passable but one can only do so many runs before... oh well to each his own. Wildstar truly is fantastic game visually and otherwise but 2 raids, 4 dungeons, 3 battleground maps and what 7? expeditions (noone wants to do adventures) at endgame is maybe not all that much for an MMO after 1.5 years and about 6 major content updates.
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Working my way up towards raiding and probably will end up giving up WoW for WS, at least until Legion releases. Only a few more Mythic bosses left, nothing to do in WoD after.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    edited October 2015
    Loved every millisecond on my way to 50 and then... umm now what moment? I don't do raids and in case of Wildstar I avoid dungeons like a plague. So that leaves me grinding dailies, expeditions or pvp. By skipping dungeons and raid I really don't need "better" gear outside what I can get from pvp. Grinding expeditions would work for money for CREED lets say but don't really need signature status any more. And we come to the last one pvp which is passable but one can only do so many runs before... oh well to each his own. Wildstar truly is fantastic game visually and otherwise but 2 raids, 4 dungeons, 3 battleground maps and what 7? expeditions (noone wants to do adventures) at endgame is maybe not all that much for an MMO after 1.5 years and about 6 major content updates.
     I really have to ask, What do you want at 50?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107
    edited October 2015
    I'm trying to really enjoy the game but I'm struggling to find a class that can keep me playing, all the classes are pretty good but none that seem to be a blast to play. It's very aggravating how close they are but just not quite there. I just want this new trend in the genre of having tiny action bars to stop, I can't tell you how much I HATE having to switch abilities in and out and save "action sets". I know it offers some strategy and gives the UI a cleaner look, but it really is an unnecessary and avoidable annoyance, just let us put out all the abilities we want. It's all GW2's fault, they started this trend. I do like the game however and will continue to play it for now until Legion launches, unless it can't hold me at which point I'll go back to WoW, being an alt-aholic I can always hop back into that game.
  • Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    The dungeons have been toned down a bit since release and the attunement for raids has been reduced to bronze so it's not that bad. Don't get me wrong the dungeons are still challenging but it's not the feat it was at release. All and all I am really enjoying my time in WS!
  • kp695304kp695304 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Wildstar is a great game and they have done much to improve the game and flesh it out. I really hope that the game gets some forward momentum now. Wildstar has some fun classes to play and it is worth playing a few.
  • evgen88evgen88 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    edited November 2015
    I think the team still fails on the details. Crafting was bad and got worse, their cash shop seems to have been thought up by people who did no research or a greedy bastard, I think they will always make bad descisions and slowly piss off and lose more and more players.