Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The RPG Files: 10 Reasons Why PC is Still the Best Place to Play RPGs

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion
imageThe RPG Files: 10 Reasons Why PC is Still the Best Place to Play RPGs - Free Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

There is a longstanding rivalry between console and PC players. Console players like the simplicity of booting up a console and kicking back on the couch. PC players love pushing their games to the limit in every conceivable way. But with the rise of the current PC-like console generation, couch players would have us believe the field is somehow equal.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• CobraLord1CobraLord1 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Although I still love my ps4 ... I totally agree with you! PC is the master race and the home of great RPGs
  • nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Pc master race, it will never even be a competition.
  • MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    edited October 2015
    I have a $3,500 gaming computer, but honestly since I got my Xbox One, ps4 AND my WiiU I have no time for PC gaming. Yes PCs have better graphics, for MMOs I much prefer PCs, but computers lack in some MAJOR areas in gaming. On any console I can hop on, see my friends, invite to party and game, on PC unless you communicate outside of it to meet on, your friends are already on or you have a 3rd party you both use (steam, origin) you just have to wait. PCs have more games, but that is obvious, it is 1000x easier for someone to develop a new game for PC, especially free games, a new free MMO pops out every week, but its the quality not quantity my friends, with console exclusives like Destiny, Tomb Raider, Halo, Final Fantasy X HD, Super Mario Maker and the TONS of other exclusives coming to CONSOLES ONLY, its hard to justify most of your points.

Mystery Bounty

• markecmarkec Member UncommonPosts: 6
    MysteryB said:
    I have a $3,500 gaming computer, but honestly since I got my Xbox One, ps4 AND my WiiU I have no time for PC gaming. Yes PCs have better graphics, for MMOs I much prefer PCs, but computers lack in some MAJOR areas in gaming. On any console I can hop on, see my friends, invite to party and game, on PC unless you communicate outside of it to meet on, your friends are already on or you have a 3rd party you both use (steam, origin) you just have to wait. PCs have more games, but that is obvious, it is 1000x easier for someone to develop a new game for PC, especially free games, a new free MMO pops out every week, but its the quality not quantity my friends, with console exclusives like Destiny, Tomb Raider, Halo, Final Fantasy X HD, Super Mario Maker and the TONS of other exclusives coming to CONSOLES ONLY, its hard to justify most of your points.
    Butthurt console peasant detected, whose parents gifted him PC he doesnt know how to use. You speak of communication yet it is on PC that people build gaming communities, massive guilds and organize detailed raids and operations. If you ever put some effort in PC gaming you would find out how easy it is to be in touch with other players. Your list of "quality games" is simply laughable. PC has far superior choice of exclusives of all genres except maybe platformers or third person action games. If you want a good strategy, simulation, FPS, adventure or RPG you go PC. For an example, there are free to play FPS that are far better then HALO but console peasants wouldnt know that since they dont have a choice. Also article mentions mods are a big part of PC gaming, making 20 years old games still feeling fresh with adding new content and polishing old. Anyone who actually used a PC for more then few days knows its superior in every way to consoles. Only those who refuse to accept it are delusional console peasant who cant accept reality and their obvious inferiority to PC master race. Can I get an amen?
  • shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Amen brother
  • MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    markec said:
    MysteryB said:
    Butthurt console peasant detected, whose parents gifted him PC he doesnt know how to use. You speak of communication yet it is on PC that people build gaming communities, massive guilds and organize detailed raids and operations. If you ever put some effort in PC gaming you would find out how easy it is to be in touch with other players. Your list of "quality games" is simply laughable. PC has far superior choice of exclusives of all genres except maybe platformers or third person action games. If you want a good strategy, simulation, FPS, adventure or RPG you go PC. For an example, there are free to play FPS that are far better then HALO but console peasants wouldnt know that since they dont have a choice. Also article mentions mods are a big part of PC gaming, making 20 years old games still feeling fresh with adding new content and polishing old. Anyone who actually used a PC for more then few days knows its superior in every way to consoles. Only those who refuse to accept it are delusional console peasant who cant accept reality and their obvious inferiority to PC master race. Can I get an amen?
    My parents gifted me? I earned every penny and built the computer myself, just because you have a pretentious attitude about PC gaming doesn't mean you get to assume people don't earn their shit you petty twat. I played City of Heroes for 8 years, WoW for 6, been playing mmorpgs since Everquest, I just appreciate all the forms of video game art/entertainment, unlike you who is the definition of a hater. Again I stated, NO FREAKIN DUH PCs are more powerful, CONSOLES cannot keep up with that it is impossible, but PC misses out and will miss out on a TON of great games, that you and people like you will never get to play, but you will tell people online about how you don't care about those games, cuz they must be inferior since you can't play them. Meanwhile I will enjoy any and every game I want to, meanwhile you just get to pretend you don't want to play non PC games, but we know you want to. Only hurting yourself, but hey, that's what dumbasses do. I'm just glad I dont have to fear running into you, what a douche lol.

Mystery Bounty

MysteryB said:
    markec said:
    MysteryB said:
    My parents gifted me? I earned every penny and built the computer myself, just because you have a pretentious attitude about PC gaming doesn't mean you get to assume people don't earn their shit you petty twat. I played City of Heroes for 8 years, WoW for 6, been playing mmorpgs since Everquest, I just appreciate all the forms of video game art/entertainment, unlike you who is the definition of a hater. Again I stated, NO FREAKIN DUH PCs are more powerful, CONSOLES cannot keep up with that it is impossible, but PC misses out and will miss out on a TON of great games, that you and people like you will never get to play, but you will tell people online about how you don't care about those games, cuz they must be inferior since you can't play them. Meanwhile I will enjoy any and every game I want to, meanwhile you just get to pretend you don't want to play non PC games, but we know you want to. Only hurting yourself, but hey, that's what dumbasses do. I'm just glad I dont have to fear running into you, what a douche lol.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA man you really are in denial. Maybe you LOVE third person shooters and platformer games (which most of them get ported anyway) but I prefer other genres. I LOVE space sims like I-War, strategy games like Hearts of Iron, tactical FPS games like Armed Assault, I can play 20 years old adventure masterpieces like Day of the Tentacle, not to mention all of those MMOs, PC exclusive RPGs like Blackguards and MMX, MOBAs that console players cant even play since controllers suck ass for pretty much every genre, plus many more great both old and new games while consoles has nothing remotely similar, While mods giving extra flavor to many of those games for years to come.
    markec said:
    MysteryB said:
    markec said:
    MysteryB said:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA man you really are in denial. Maybe you LOVE third person shooters and platformer games (which most of them get ported anyway) but I prefer other genres. I LOVE space sims like I-War, strategy games like Hearts of Iron, tactical FPS games like Armed Assault, I can play 20 years old adventure masterpieces like Day of the Tentacle, not to mention all of those MMOs, PC exclusive RPGs like Blackguards and MMX, MOBAs that console players cant even play since controllers suck ass for pretty much every genre, plus many more great both old and new games while consoles has nothing remotely similar, While mods giving extra flavor to many of those games for years to come.
    Wow this is some kindergarten shit right here.
    When talking to console peasants you need to stoop down to their level.