Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All WoD Assets and Code Now Owned by Paradox | World of Darkness | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    eye_m said:
    So does "assets and code"  say anything about the rights to the IP?

That was dealt with in another post... it was kind of unclearat that time if they just got white wolf and it´s IPs or if they also got the code and assets... 

Seems like they bought the farm cows and all. 

This have been a good conversation

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    well then, lets hope they get busy are start producing then

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    loulaki said:
    so no WoD MMO.. except we see Paradox getting into MMORPG scene which i dunno if this will happen, cause they are inexperienced as publishers. Another MMO bite the dust..

I assume they will use their own website and Steam as they do for e.g. Crusader Kings 2 (which is brilliant but not an mmo lest someone try it and think it is!)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    So is the difficulty of WoD trying to make an Eve land combat game?
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Hey guys... this is kind of a big deal, how come this announcement wasn't on the main page? 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Lokryn said:
    Hope this is true! Love WoD universe!
    Oh hell yeah! I hope it's true as well!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Valentina said:
    I would love an MMO, but my guess is maybe RPG or Co-Op RPG
    I could still live with that.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Great news, lets hope they put it to good use. :)
  • ArkamisssuanArkamisssuan Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I wonder how many DLC's are going to release for this game now, considering they seems to love doing that...
  • TimesplitTimesplit Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Time to put it to good use, and create another Masquerade game.
  • TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Coman said:
    As far as Dev and publishers goes Paradox is pretty good. They are atleast willing to give ninch game and genres a change and are willing to take risks. We will see what they do with it though. My guess is not an MMO.
    I agree. I don't see Paradox doing a MMO game. That would be really outside of their wheelhouse. But I could see them working on a Single Player RPG. Maybe even hiring Obsidian to work on it. Aren't a lot of old Troika devs at Obsidian now? But you never know. Paradox likes to take risks.
  • TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    eye_m said:
    So does "assets and code"  say anything about the rights to the IP?
    From what I understand and from some research, they own White Wolf now. So that includes all of their IP's. So in addition to The World of Darkness, they would own Exalted, Scion and Trinity. And all three of those IPs have HUGE potential. Especially an Exalted game! That would be dope!
  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

They could always work with another development house to create something multiplayer.  There is a lot of potential for any number of projects.  Single player RPG, MMO or even some sort of virtual desktop tools to running roleplay games.

Any forward progress at this point is good news.

• SonshouSonshou Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited November 2015
    Let's hope that they also realize that people didn't want to see just one faction that they needed to at least launch it with the hunters at the very very least!
    I'd be better to have all the 13 Clans and other bloodlines at launch, with the possibility to join any Cainite/Kindred Sect, the Camarilla, Anarchs, Sabbat and other alternative that exists in the lore. Hunters should only appear after at least two supernatural beings exist in the MMO, so, it wouldn't be this WoW and Hollywood concept about a war among different species, in Vampire: The Masquerade, the Cainite/Kindred reserve their hatred for those of their same kind, just like humans do in the real world. If you have the Garou/Werewolves, they better concentrate in fighting the Wyrm and its minions, while having casual or planned encounters and wars with other playable supernaturals, then the Hunters would be fighting to retake the night for the Mortals and they have different fronts to fight, the Imbued/Hunters aren't superheroes saving the day, they usually help to strengthen their enemies, because they only remove their weakest members, while they think they have killed the "master of vampires" or "the most powerful werewolf" on the Earth. Imbued/Hunters could have just been manipulated by the enemies of x vampire to take him down to not having consequences within the Kindred society.