Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Romero's Aftermath - 1M Players Strong

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion
Romero's Aftermath - 1M Players Strong
-Free Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

In the course of the past month since open beta began, survival horror MMO, Romero's Aftermath, has seen over a million players log into the game. To celebrate the milestone, all cosmetic items and Halloween skins are on sale.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Has anyone had a good time in this game? I've only heard negative things. Was it just a bad beta/launch?

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• CobraLord1CobraLord1 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I also heard bad things idk
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I thought this was just War Z relaunched under a new name.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited October 2015
    For those of you asking, this same team launched a game called "War Inc" that was pay to win where you could buy better weapons. They then changed the map and added zombies and called it "War-Z" and they sold ammo in the cash shop while reducing the spawn rate of ammo in the game while also increasing the spawn rate of weapons. Both games have been universally panned by critics and players alike due to the excessive pay to win in the cash shops and the rampant hacking that goes on. With all the bad press about their company and games, they decided to rename the company and re-release the game under a new name with a new map and some minor cosmetic changes while also paying George Romeros son for the use of his last name. This is the same group of people who had their game pulled from steam due to false advertising. The same group of people who tried to use the "Z" name but were court ordered to stop and the same group of people who copies images from the walking dead all in an attempt to trick people into thinking this game was associated with those IP's http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/20/war-z-uses-images-taken-from-amcs-the-walking-dead/ http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/19/allegations-of-false-advertising-hound-the-war-z-release-on-steam/ http://warzscam.tumblr.com/post/37263572551/the-war-z-war-inc
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Third scam of Sergey Titov. Why do people keep falling for the same scam. This is the exact same game as the other 2 just renamed. War Inc. and War Z (which got renamed to  Infestation: Survivor Stories ) and now Romeros aftermath. This by the way has nothing to do with the famous Zombie Movie Director Geroge A. Romero. It's just borrowing a famous name like they did with War Inc. and Day Z.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Scam.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73
    It is WarZ/Infestation.
  • chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73
    edited October 2015
    Wow, I thought Bill said we were going to get a review. It just looks like a heads up on sale on their cash shop. Not interested in heading to their site since I have already purchased this game in its other incarnation. I was hoping for an actual MMORPG review. :(
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Biggest scam since Moonrise, as well as their previous title, War Z. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Yep these people top the list of scum bag developers.  Just shows you how many fools populate the internet.

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    I'm disappointed that MMORPG is associating themselves with a known fraudulent company lile this. This game shouldn't be supported, rather banned from the site.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    What gets me is how many times they can relaunch the same product and still get people playing it. I bought into The War Z originally because I didn't realize what it was, but I played it for maybe an hour total because of how bad it was. How can they keep doing this without people realizing, also why are people still trying this when even the steam page is almost 100% negative reviews. 
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    one million fool, or one million people got ripped of yet again, can be the title lol
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I actually was getting pissed trying to bind new keys after i already did this last time i played,some reason it did not save them.
    After about 5/6 tries i was like wtf,then i noticed it was saving my keys to the next key below i was in a GRRRRRRRR mode now so i quickly hit quit/quit.Pretty shotty effort in this game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    http://steamspy.com/app/349700 Round up number to the closest million much? (thought it seemed a little high for this title) lol
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Rofl, gg.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    brihtwulf said:
    I'm disappointed that MMORPG is associating themselves with a known fraudulent company lile this. This game shouldn't be supported, rather banned from the site.
    +1 Agreed. Supporting a developer with a history like this does not do the industry any good
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited October 2015
    Talonsin said:
    brihtwulf said:
    +1 Agreed. Supporting a developer with a history like this does not do the industry any good
    +1

Even though this was all but an advertisement, and not news, the MMORPG.com people still hit the repost button.

And there was another one like this from different scammy developers recently as well.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    I tried WarZ... That is probably part of their 1 million...
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    DMKano said:
    First and foremost it should be about the *game*, now to me if the developer behind it is Mother Teresa or the kardashians means little So lets focus on the game and ignore the past dev drama, - the game is simply not good. I am one of those million players that tried it and will never play it again. it's just not good on so many levels.
    I'm guessing you are referring to ArcheAge and your beloved Trion.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    edited November 2015

1 Million players have downloaded this game !

990,000 players uninstalled it after the first 30 minutes of play !

The remaining 10,000 players downloaded but haven't tried playing yet...

EDIT: The new MMORPG forum suck. Having to manually insert HTML tags just to get paragraphs is a PITA.

Welcome to the shallow and fleeting Twitter age, where if you can't say it in one sentence, nobody "has the time" or attention span to read any further...