Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All WoD Assets and Code Now Owned by Paradox | World of Darkness | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageAll WoD Assets and Code Now Owned by Paradox | World of Darkness | MMORPG.com

In an interview with the new CEO of White Wolf Publishing, purchased from CCP by Paradox Interactive earlier this week, Tobias Sjögren told MMORPG.com that Paradox has indeed acquired all of the code and work done on World of Darkness before development was halted by CCP last year.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LokrynLokryn Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Hope this is true! Love WoD universe!
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    As far as Dev and publishers goes Paradox is pretty good. They are atleast willing to give ninch game and genres a change and are willing to take risks. We will see what they do with it though. My guess is not an MMO.
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Lets hope they can get something going with it.  My understanding is there was a pretty playable alpha at one point.  I agree with Coman.  I bet we see a new RPG from it.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Let's hope that they also realize that people didn't want to see just one faction that they needed to at least launch it with the hunters at the very very least!
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    I would love an MMO, but my guess is maybe RPG or Co-Op RPG
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    From what I've read the code that does exist for WoD is an absolute mess and in no way whatsoever constitutes the basis of a game.

If they're going to make an MMO out of this IP, then they're going to have to start all over.  
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Lets hope it's not a mobile strat game for android/iPhone.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Keep it a single player RPG. Try and make it a MMORPG will just result in a niche game. Which translated in MMORPG.COM is a failure by the masses.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    MMO or nothing.
    -Chuckles
  • RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Too good to believe, but... It's GREAT NEWS!!! :D
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    I hope they make 60hr++ SP games and maybe throw in coop as well. Anything online will ruin its immersion.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Valentina said:
    I would love an MMO, but my guess is maybe RPG or Co-Op RPG
    I like the coop RPG idea, like gw.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    I would settle for anything that's done well. Bloodlines was phenomenal. PHENOMENAL.
  • FeldonTFeldonT Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I'll believe it when I see it
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    FeldonT said:
    I'll believe it when I see it
    same
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    so no WoD MMO.. except we see Paradox getting into MMORPG scene which i dunno if this will happen, cause they are inexperienced as publishers. Another MMO bite the dust..

• goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250
    So good to hear, can't wait to see what their plans are.
  • VahidVahid Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I am looking forward to the full interview. I can see this going different ways.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    loulaki said:
    so no WoD MMO.. except we see Paradox getting into MMORPG scene which i dunno if this will happen, cause they are inexperienced as publishers. Another MMO bite the dust..
    As a publisher it would not be there first MMO. http://www.salemthegame.com/
  • CobraLord1CobraLord1 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Maybe not a mmo maybe a really good multiplayer ? But either way sounds good hope they make this happen
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    loulaki said:
    you make it sound like if CCP was developing one in secret.... Right now you are about as close to a WoD mmo as you have ever been... =P But i would agree i find it a massive longshot to even think MMO at this point. I am sure they like to test the waters first to see if there is any real interest in that type of game.

This have been a good conversation

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414
    edited October 2015
    In inteviews in Swedish media Paradox have talked about cell phone games and they will also mostly license WOD stuff, not develop it themselves (might be good or bad of course). It is still likely that whatever they do it will be better than what CCP ever accomplished.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I think their ideas based on Salem are really good except one >>>PERMADEATH.

Also their implementation is extreme low budget,not something i want to play,maybe 20 years ago yes i would have loved their ideas well expcet for PD lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Paradox are a company I like a lot and I hope they pull something good out of their bag for this.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    So does "assets and code"  say anything about the rights to the IP?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.