Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overwatch. Is Blizzard spreading themselves too thin?

2»

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Wizardry said:
    No i have touched on it before,careless terrible spenders.
    I am quite certain that every Twitch player i know is playing ALL the Blizzard games,talk about total fanbois.

I tried watching Overwatch,every single aspect fo the design is at least imo inferior to pvp i have enjoyed in the past.

One of my biggest peeves and the same reason i quit COD [well besides the cheating" was they introduced radar.I cannot stand radar,where is the fun in already knowing exactly where everyone is,that imo proves how bad Blizzard is at game design.You know when i grew up playing pvp we considered radar cheating now it is built into the game lmao ...sad.

Combat is unlimited ammo ..SPAM ....sad.Healing omg talk about lame design a little 3 year old could do it.

OW healer

the video you linked is almost 6 months old.  and you realize the game just entered closed beta,  correct?
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    bcbully said:
    They'll just add another million or two onto their playerbase.
    There will be many million playing Overwatch think.
    yeah but several million will already be in their playerbase.  I think they mean they will add several million new customers that weren't interested in other Blizzard games.
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited October 2015
    Umm, kind of not how game development works. If they have a team on overwatch it is the overwatch team, its not like they are taking from the HOTS team or the WOW team or something.... they do not have a finite number of workers you know (past the pedantic obvious of course).

So to answer your question, no. Also a suggestion, learn about game development, if you are a gamer this should be a mandatory lesson for us all. We all make so many blind assumptions about the industry because so few of us understand it and or how it works. All we see is the prices on a  list beside the product we want, not everything it took to get them there.

Also, some business lessons would help you to I think, look up "diversification" and its benefits to business.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    muffins89 said:
    I have been excited about overwatch for a bit.  But I kind of think blizzard is spreading their playerbase (at least potentially) too thin.  HotS is still pretty new (not including the beta).  I play HotS a few times a week.  But I myself will most likely jump ship to play overwatch.  I know they are different styles of games.  Sort of.  Do you guys think overwatch could potentially kill HotS playerbase?

Too thin???   

Blizzard doesn't care to expand their playerbase.  Great if it does and who cares if it doesn't.   Their only goal with these crop of half assed, microtransaction, crap is to get their existing playerbase to pump more money into their company.  

WOW players need something to do between expansions and Blizzard is doing their best to fill that gap.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Xeno.phon said:
    Umm, kind of not how game development works. If they have a team on overwatch it is the overwatch team, its not like they are taking from the HOTS team or the WOW team or something.... they do not have a finite number of workers you know (past the pedantic obvious of course).

So to answer your question, no. Also a suggestion, learn about game development, if you are a gamer this should be a mandatory lesson for us all. We all make so many blind assumptions about the industry because so few of us understand it and or how it works. All we see is the prices on a  list beside the product we want, not everything it took to get them there.

Also, some business lessons would help you to I think, look up "diversification" and its benefits to business.

I wasn't talking about the development.  I was talking about their playerbase.

but thinktank shed some light on the matter for me.  thanks.

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited October 2015
    Blizzard has been releasing mediocre games for the past 5+ years, yet the mindless blizzard drones buy anything.

Diablo 3 has been pure garbage till the first expansion. Now the only Blizzard game worth playing.

WoW is garbage ever since Cata, yet it's still earning 90% of revenue to Blizzard.

Starcraft is already dead.

HotS failed miserably.

HS is failing too due to P2W design, and probably one of the most unbalanced game ever. It's on a huge decline even though it released on multiple platforms.

Overwatch however looks pretty bad. I can't see it being hyped as HotS for example, which failed anyway. Blizzard should just stop trying to get into e-sports when they have the most unbalanced and casual games today.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Jonnyp2 said:
    Honestly Overwatch looks like real boring game. It does have the custom Blizzard coat of shiny paint. And it will most likely get players trough Blizz hype.

It certanly does not deserve it. Games like Dirty Bomb (quite similar)  for example are 100 times more fun.
    Yeah you're not biased at all.  Maybe overwatch will never get to the level of tf2, but dirty bomb?  100 times better?  Surely you are trolling.
    Why ? Did you play Dirty Bomb ?