Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Andrew Programs / debugs

AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

I was looking for some alpha footage to send it to a friend and found this:

WARNING!!! Video contains nudity !!!  aka Andrew w/o a beard

"Andrew programs the terrain editor for Camelot Unchained"

I have seen some coders on twitch but not ppl working on a game this size. It might not be for everyone but personally I think it's nice they let you watch what and how they are doing.

Just posting this for people who like to watch this stuff and are interested in CU.

Edit: Thank you for releasing this kind of videos / making the stream. It might not only show people what is going on but also inspire younger people to become coders in the gaming industry. Showing them that it is not all UE or Unity and that you can achieve more if you build stuff from the ground and also that you might need C++ and not only C#. Again, huge thx

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    As you noted, not much inside for general audience (besides nudity and beard jokes =) Anyway, thanks for sharing!
     W...aaagh?
  • AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by JamesGoblin
    As you noted, not much inside for general audience (besides nudity and beard jokes =) Anyway, thanks for sharing!

I know =( But still... I think it's hilarious when a programer on that lvl says: "Why is it still doing this? I just changed it and it's still using the old version"  Kind of gives me a warm feeling inside. Knowing no matter what you do computers never do what you want them to do :)  Even when someone with a iirc maths degree does it. You know, the ppl who are called geeks by geeks. Oh well, might be coding humor

Majority of folks just had fun in chat I guess. What matters the most is seeing that the atmosphere in CSE is quite relaxed and that they`re both working on new stuff and willing to communicate. It`s always nice to be able to ask a dev something deep such as "Where is Andrew and what did you do to him?" xD
     W...aaagh?
    Originally posted by JamesGoblin
    Majority of folks just had fun in chat I guess. What matters the most is seeing that the atmosphere in CSE is quite relaxed and that they`re both working on new stuff and willing to communicate. It`s always nice to be able to ask a dev something deep such as "Where is Andrew and what did you do to him?" xD

First part is true I guess. For one that they even make part of their (your? are you the guy that idled in the alpha vid? great job if you are ^^ **) code public which I think is a huge step forward but especialy when you look at some parts of the vid where you can see the time. 9:30ish pm and 2-3 hours left in the vid? That's what I call dedication! Or addiction but hey, hard to draw a line ^^ *veine tapping* I NEED them codes!!!

About the 2nd part "Where is Andrew and what did you do to him?" that kind of worries me. Because under section 1 paragraph 1.a in the IMR ( Imaginary Metal Rules) it cleary states noone shall ever be forced to shave her or his beard!. So that sounds like we might have to move to Den Haag and the International Court of Justice concerning human right violations :D I hope Mark J. wont be mentioned in this case,  could be negative PR ; )

**If you were the one watching the battle idling on the hill, Sir,  I admire your restraint. *bow*

I`d be happy to be able to accept that *bow*, but since I am not even in Beta I will, unfortunately, have to disappoint you. Anyway, how could a little forum Goblin possibly be confused with "Yo, I died on that hill!" celebrity? =)

Speaking of that new Senior Programmer replacing Andrew, it`s tricky to start any serious investigation at this point - voices about delayed beta are still around and any negative publicity can be dangerous...you will understand, I hope.

BTW he seems to know a thing or two about coding!? Anyway I hope Andrew is well, because hope is all we have left.

W...aaagh?
    edited August 2015

I`d be happy to be able to accept that *bow*, but since I am not even in Beta I will, unfortunately, have to disappoint you. Anyway, how could a little forum Goblin possibly be confused with "Yo, I died on that hill!" celebrity? =)

Speaking of that new Senior Programmer replacing Andrew, it`s tricky to start any serious investigation at this point - voices about delayed beta are still around and any negative publicity can be dangerous...you will understand, I hope.

BTW he seems to know a thing or two about coding!? Anyway I hope Andrew is well, because hope is all we have left.

Woah,Woah... hold on a sec well or some days because I was away and all so... hold on a month! Andrew is going away? Are you F'ing kidding me? Andrew can't go and I mean.. HE CAN NOT GO!!!  There must be some law against him leaving or if there isn't yet there should be because I want to see that sexy bearded piece of hat a few times more. And the game needs that sweet piece of awesome codeness when it is released. You sure the god of awesome left?***

Btw. sry but when I wrote the previous post I was kind of well.. let's call it (for legal reasons) drunk ;)  and I mistook your name for CSE Tyler I mean... c'mon.. James...Tyler ... those are close, I mean they have one letter in common so it cant be my fault *cough* *cough* look! a three headed monkey! =)

edit: if you doubt his awesomness watch him code! or just watch the server side physics video...

Alumicard said:

Woah,Woah... hold on a sec well or some days because I was away and all so... hold on a month! Andrew is going away? Are you F'ing kidding me? Andrew can't go and I mean.. HE CAN NOT GO!!!  There must be some law against him leaving or if there isn't yet there should be because I want to see that sexy bearded piece of hat a few times more. And the game needs that sweet piece of awesome codeness when it is released. You sure the god of awesome left?***

Btw. sry but when I wrote the previous post I was kind of well.. let's call it (for legal reasons) drunk ;)  and I mistook your name for CSE Tyler I mean... c'mon.. James...Tyler ... those are close, I mean they have one letter in common so it cant be my fault *cough* *cough* look! a three headed monkey! =)

edit: if you doubt his awesomness watch him code! or just watch the server side physics video...

Meantime, I`ve heard some theories that what we actually saw in the video was Andrew`s body, jus without the Beard (that is - soul)...or at least that empty shell in front of the cam wanted us to believe so. Doesn`t make much difference anyway.

PS Even when posting deeply intoxicated, yor delirious post still looked like an average MMORPG.com`s one, both in form and content. Maybe even a millimeter above the everyday junk  regular ones, at least I didn`t register anything unusual.
     W...aaagh?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Speaking of CU programmers, here`s Brian "Psychochild" Green`s recent blog post about differences between crowdfunded and other MMOs he worked on.

PS I posted it as a new topic in The Pub, leaving just this remark here on CU forums.
     W...aaagh?
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i dont like the direction of non beard apperances of CSE..

might gonna refund it ;P
    ...and some folks still believe that the recent wave of refunds was caused by Beta delay  =)
     W...aaagh?
    edited October 2015

The stream is on again - Andrew talks and Tim & Ben (and likely some more) are answering questions in chat. Join us!

Edit: click the link on the bottom to see the chat.

W...aaagh?
    The stream is on - JB creates a UI module, and Brian,Tyler and others are hopping in to chat (link at the bottom shows the chat window).

W...aaagh?
    edited October 2015
    Alumicard said:

Meantime, I`ve heard some theories that what we actually saw in the video was Andrew`s body, jus without the Beard (that is - soul)...or at least that empty shell in front of the cam wanted us to believe so. Doesn`t make much difference anyway.

PS Even when posting deeply intoxicated, yor delirious post still looked like an average MMORPG.com`s one, both in form and content. Maybe even a millimeter above the everyday junk  regular ones, at least I didn`t register anything unusual.
    About the PS, it leaves a weird feeling. Not sure if this a compliment or a flame but either way... Thank you very much! And especially for the "yor" ;) You kind of saved me with it ^^

About the non beard refunds, do think we can get him to never ever shave again if people fund the game for a certain amount each month? I'd pay a few $s to see that if he wears the purple'ish(?) Lincoln hat too. Just to tell my future employers "See? Other freaks aka top programmers wear worse things when they go to work!"
    Alumicard said:
    Alumicard said:

About the PS, it leaves a weird feeling. Not sure if this a compliment or a flame but either way... Thank you very much! And especially for the "yor" ;) You kind of saved me with it ^^

About the non beard refunds, do think we can get him to never ever shave again if people fund the game for a certain amount each month? I'd pay a few $s to see that if he wears the purple'ish(?) Lincoln hat too. Just to tell my future employers "See? Other freaks aka top programmers wear worse things when they go to work!"
    @Alumicard You can look at that PS of mine either as a failed attempt to be funny or as a successful one, but in the unpleasantly non-intended ways. Feel free to pick one.

Speaking of non-beard refunds, if we manage to alarm enough people and refund couple $100ks, be sure that Andrew will start growing beard, eyebrows and even a nose hair rather quickly.

We can name it "Bring Andrew Back!" or sumfink. Would you mind starting a thread on the official forums? I'll cover MMORPG.com and reddits.

W...aaagh?