Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall | The Champion - Crushing with Calculated Mayhem | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowfall | The Champion - Crushing with Calculated Mayhem | MMORPG

In November, Pre-Alpha 1.1 testers will have the opportunity to play as Crowfall’s gigantic melee fighter called the Champion. And because there is no NDA, everyone else will have a chance to watch! They’re big, strong and pack a whollop. With a quick Reverse Chain Pull, the burly Champion can hurl himself at the enemy and then strike with powers such as Flying Neckbreaker, Massive Cleave or Whirling Pain.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Just a note that when he mentions Hunger Dome 2.0, he means the second version of the hunger dome, which is test 1.1. The actual milestone 2.0 test will not include the Hunger Dome.
  • ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597
    edited October 2015
    Arkade99 said:
    Just a note that when he mentions Hunger Dome 2.0, he means the second version of the hunger dome, which is test 1.1. The actual milestone 2.0 test will not include the Hunger Dome.
    Good point of clarification! I'm going to get that edited since this may cause some confusion. The 2nd version of the Hunger Dome will be in Pre-Alpha 1.1 in November. Thx for noting this :D
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    If I may add, this was published in yesterday's update:
     W...aaagh?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2015
    He is portrayed as big and strong yet has no defense,what is the armor for looks?

Also i would not envision a big burly character as being able to HURL: himself at the enemy.I would envision a SLOW strong tough character,otherwise if he is not going to have any defense and is quick to hurl himself in,they should have made that design for a different type of character as it does not fit this build.

Yes i am finicky on ideas need to make sense.They did at least design the powers/resource ideas slowly fade out of combat,how that works depends on how easily and readily they can keep spamming combat.

If follows suit according to pretty much every game i have seen/played then i am assuming spammy combat ,meaning the added Hatred and Rage will be pretty much on all the time.

An entire game and it's concepts have to be well thought out,they can't simply be "oh this idea would be cool ,let's do it".

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    edited November 2015

Low defense does not mean no defense. Armor does for him exactly what it does for everyone else. The difference is that he doesn't have defensive abilities like the Knight. Knights have Of Noble Blood, which is a damage shield. They have active blocking. Also, resistances to damage types might come from both gear and from the archetype itself. It may be those base resistances that are lower for the champion.

Regarding the reverse chain pull, I'm not in love with it because it seems to go against the physics they are building into the game, but the champion does need some way to close gaps. Though I suppose if a knight can increase his mass when doing a chain pull, a champion can lower his mass when doing a reverse chain pull.

We should find out this week when the next test starts, so we'll be able to try it out soon enough. I'm sure that if it isn't working, they'll make changes.