Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches - Free Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

All Star Wars: The Old Republic players can now log into the game to experience Bioware's return to story with the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion. KotFE brings significant changes to several game systems and brings story back to the forefront of the SWTOR experience.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• Verum0Verum0 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited October 2015
    Leaving the star wars out is this a good mmo worth the time?
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I played as a subscriber for about 1/2 a year till this newest expansion & really enjoyed the storyline missions & overall game environment. I may subscribe again in the future, but I just didn't want to subscribe to something until I learned of all the details. This KotFE really changes many facets of the game from the way it was. It has 3 tiers of playing: totally free, preferred which means you have spent $5 or $10 on the game somehow so are allowed a few more perks, & subscriber which offers all. If you go to www.swtor.com there is a page with details of the tiers. I think it's a good game; I was impressed when I began playing but then again I really enjoyed the storytelling. Again, though KotFE expansion is changing A LOT supposedly.
  • newlandernewlander Member UncommonPosts: 1
    It all depends how you define a "good" mmo. Use the free2play version to try it out, and make your own opinion.
  • heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    ill say its worth your time :) its a good mmo and if you like story you will love the new expensjon
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    edited October 2015
    So I really enjoyed leveling in swtor with my friends. Going through the cutscenes for every quest, laughing and socializing about the choices we made. It made the questing/grind for xp feel less like questing/grinding. We all played different classes so we ran into each others story mode mission area and got to experience the story with each other.
    Fast-forward to this current expansion: Fallen Empire is a really nice story but, its completely single player and not having to group at all 60-65 wasn't very interesting to me, I play mmo's to group with my friends and experience content together and it was completely missing in this expansion.
    TLDR: Play it for single player experience yes, for group of friends, not so much.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    So far I'm loving it.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    So I really enjoyed leveling in swtor with my friends. Going through the cutscenes for every quest, laughing and socializing about the choices we made. It made the questing/grind for xp feel less like questing/grinding. We all played different classes so we ran into each others story mode mission area and got to experience the story with each other.
    Fast-forward to this current expansion: Fallen Empire is a really nice story but, its completely single player and not having to group at all 60-65 wasn't very interesting to me, I play mmo's to group with my friends and experience content together and it was completely missing in this expansion.
    TLDR: Play it for single player experience yes, for group of friends, not so much.
    Played it at Launch, quit when the obvious fails came forward, tried some f2p later on as preferred. What does this new expansion offer if you start fresh with a lvl 1? So without owning any expansions, any changes on the original planets?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Muke said:
    Played it at Launch, quit when the obvious fails came forward, tried some f2p later on as preferred. What does this new expansion offer if you start fresh with a lvl 1? So without owning any expansions, any changes on the original planets?
    Aside from class changes and some rebalancing, the expansion doesn't really add much to starting fresh at 1. Original planets are pretty much the same.
  • KillbaneKillbane Member UncommonPosts: 23
    You forgot companion and crafting changes as well as the streamline leveling that makes it so you only have to do the planet and class story to level.

Solo play is for off-line players.

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Leaving the star wars out ? not realy a great mmo imo, but a good singleplayer game if you're fokus is on story. Gameplay is nothing special tbh. Groupplay only begins at max level unles you include tactical FP's in groupplay. Imo tactical FP's are even worse then the mess that happened in GW2's dungeons. Not a fan of removing storymode FP and having to jump from tactical FP directly to hard mode FP. That just seems like to big of a skilljump especially for new players.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    newlander said:
    It all depends how you define a "good" mmo. Use the free2play version to try it out, and make your own opinion.
    Impossible to make full experience on f2p. Besides, client is FREE to download, at least for subs also all expansions. I love SWTOR, best game ever along with Wow. But depend also a lot of taste of player, not only of quality in sense of graphics, no lag, no bugs, .... i.e. I LOVE story telling with cinematics, various options to respond, ... on the other hand friend of mine hate exactly that. :-)
  • Balth1212Balth1212 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Do you still on SWTOR f2p have only 1 or 2 measly skill bars or do have to pay for more hated that when it went to f2p just to con more money out of ya. every f2p game i've ever played they at least give you skill bars to actually play the game to the full lol.