Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current State of this game..

TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

pretty much summed up here..

https://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2v7new/reason_why_thousands_of_players_play_br_and_no/

Could not have said it better myself and for those of you that have not found your way into a BR server, do yourself a favor and try it out.. It's not perfect, but it will show you what this game COULD be and not what it currently is... Which is a freaking Berry collector simulator..

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

To suggest the game should be like BR is a little absurd. The amount of weapons and ammo in BR is modeled around the idea of a deathmatch.

That said, yes the regular servers need a lot more guns and melee weapons. Also, really? Berry simulator? I have zero problems finding food, the berry simulator joke kind should have died on day 3 or 4.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    The game, just like DayZ should be called "Loot Simulator" because all people do is camp loot spawns for stuff all day. The most boring and ridiculous game concept ever conceived. This has nothing to do with survival at all. It's also the reason why DayZ and H1Z1 will crash and burn very hard. Well, to be honest, they already have.
    Originally posted by Bascola
    The game, just like DayZ should be called "Loot Simulator" because all people do is camp loot spawns for stuff all day. The most boring and ridiculous game concept ever conceived. This has nothing to do with survival at all. It's also the reason why DayZ and H1Z1 will crash and burn very hard. Well, to be honest, they already have.

"I don't like this style of game, therefore it will fail"

As the above poster already pointed out , both games are going strong. DayZ has an awesome community and will continue to grow. H1Z1 is the better game, but has a horrendously toxic community. Once the content locusts clear out of H1Z1, the community will be able to grow and mature, and the game will only get better.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by svandy

To suggest the game should be like BR is a little absurd. The amount of weapons and ammo in BR is modeled around the idea of a deathmatch.

That said, yes the regular servers need a lot more guns and melee weapons. Also, really? Berry simulator? I have zero problems finding food, the berry simulator joke kind should have died on day 3 or 4.

If you had "a lot more guns and Melee weapons" then how would that be different then BR servers?....

Also this game could have many names all of which are not flattering... Sometimes others have called it Bambi Apocalypse since there are 10 times more deer then Zombies, and its arguable that Zombies pose more of a threat then wildlife...

This alpha is flawed in areas that just don't make any sence to be flawed in.  When you consider that this is set during a Zombie Apocalypse which just so happens to be in the land of 240 Million plus personal firearms....

Yet when you search for hours upon hours at a time the chances of finding a gun are horribly low.  And it is even a lower chance that any Zombies will pose a threat.

All in all the "it's Alpha" excuse is the joke that is getting old.  

P.S  Before someone spouts the "You don't have to play it" line.  Remember if the world was full of people like you, nothing will get changed and fixed.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• HellbabeHellbabe Member UncommonPosts: 13
    After playing it now for 3 days i loved it. For an alpha it´s not bad. And i love it now, to hunt ppl. that try to kill me. First i am a guy that only has a bow, but when they attack a shotgun is a nice cruel thing for the most ppl.^^ Ok later you can´t run solo i think , and shoot without getting a lot of zombies behind you but for now in an Alpha it is fun.  Building a camp and get the mats it´s hard and without map sometimes it´s frustrating to copy the coordinats og. but i hope in the end of 2015 we get a nice survival game^^.
  • TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
    Really having a ball with the game at the moment. After trying Unturned it seemed a natural fit. Pretty much exactly like Unturned, except with better graphics and more people. Amusingly the people don't scare me much. Mind you the big issue I am having now is lack of zombies. Id like at least a hundred zombies in a city defending it. That way you don't just walk from street to street looting.
    Originally posted by Tinybina

If you had "a lot more guns and Melee weapons" then how would that be different then BR servers?....

Also this game could have many names all of which are not flattering... Sometimes others have called it Bambi Apocalypse since there are 10 times more deer then Zombies, and its arguable that Zombies pose more of a threat then wildlife...

This alpha is flawed in areas that just don't make any sence to be flawed in.  When you consider that this is set during a Zombie Apocalypse which just so happens to be in the land of 240 Million plus personal firearms....

Yet when you search for hours upon hours at a time the chances of finding a gun are horribly low.  And it is even a lower chance that any Zombies will pose a threat.

All in all the "it's Alpha" excuse is the joke that is getting old.  

P.S  Before someone spouts the "You don't have to play it" line.  Remember if the world was full of people like you, nothing will get changed and fixed.

There is a huge difference between "alot more," and "5 guns in every house," and I know that you know what I meant. Current state of guns on live servers as of this writing is much better. I'll assume you meant more wildlife than zombies, and that is also no longer the case. And yes I agree, bears are too dangerous, they have said many times they are working on making zombies harder.

Outside of issues with base building right now and hackers, game is in a great way right now.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Take like a really bad Zombie game add multi-player, make it free, add a cash shop and you have H1Z1.   I would have expected more from what at that time was SOE, even in early access.

But most of these online Zombie survival games are pretty bad, maybe its unavoidable.

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

The zombie population is set to increase in the next week or two, for those who are bored by the current number. Which should be everyone. Took a bit longer than I thought it would, but they were clear from the start (from what I read) that things were going to begin on super easy mode to address other needs first. 

- Nellus

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

What pisses me off the most is the whole comment saying this was going to be the game SWG fans were waiting for.

Honestly he should be fed to a Sarlacc for that lie.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Bears to aggressive? Berry collector simulation? Lol what in the world? Talk about a lack of imagination, this game is awesome, I bought it for Br, but I have found that the open world pvp is just amazingly fun. My latest shenanigans, is to stalk up on arrows and camp a popular town from a hillside with plenty of trees I can make more arrows with, I then lick my finger and put it up in the air to test windage, , find a player looting homes and building, and finally draw back and arch arrows from as far away as possible in their direction and watch them run around frantically trying to figure out where it's coming from. I have connected on some decently far away shots too , one time there was a group of three dudes standing and talking, my arrow connected, right in the head, the guy dropped right in front of the other two, they scattered frantically, was epic, wish I had it recorded, so much for standing out in the open suckers. At any rate, the point of that little story is to open up and use your imagination more.
    Originally posted by Battlerock
    At any rate, the point of that little story is to open up and use your imagination more.

Sir, how dare you suggest that people make their own fun in a sandbox game. This is unacceptable.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by psiic

What pisses me off the most is the whole comment saying this was going to be the game SWG fans were waiting for.

Honestly he should be fed to a Sarlacc for that lie.

Perhaps he was referring to the demise of SWG... you know, misery loves company... now you can watch it happen to someone else.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

Originally posted by Battlerock
    At any rate, the point of that little story is to open up and use your imagination more.

Sir, how dare you suggest that people make their own fun in a sandbox game. This is unacceptable.

LOL I know, how about this one, a guy I met wondering about had a 308, I had a badly damaged jeep, we notice several people at a gas station 5 or so, I told the guy with the 308, get up on a hill a couple hundred yards out and when I drop the Jeep off and they try to get in, pop a couple rounds into it, don't worry if you kill me too, so I pulled the Jeep into the station and told everyone to pile in, they came running over, I jumped out and took off, and boom, I heard the Jeep blow up behind me, I made it out alive and he got a 3 kill multiple kill, I made it back to him, we were laughing so hard, he said man you just made my day.
  • Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395

Well I have been thoroughly enjoying the game.  I have played this game strictly since EA and haven't really even thought about playing any of my other games.  It is hard, frustrating and extremely immersive IMO.  I have had tons of fun and keep going back for more.  

Last night my group and another teamed up and raided a base with IED's and axes.  It was great, watching the bases explode, streamed it all and think I will add it to my youtube when I get home tonight.  I haven't played any of the other zombie survival games but this one has got me hooked.  Especially since they retuned loot last week and now it feels so much better.  They made guns easier to find but ammo is a pain to find, just as it should be.  Now you really have to make a decision whether it's worth picking up that AR15 and hoping to find ammo or just stick with your bow.  

Luckily the whole zombie issue should be dealt with a bit this week as the Zombie Hording AI should be implemented within the week according to devs.  I've never purchased EA to anything except this game and with all the constant patches and communication from the devs, it has made me so happy for making a purchase.  I am typically against EA but in this case it has worked out well for me.  There are still issues, bugs and hackers being the primary ones not to mention base building is still lackluster, but overall this game is a ton of fun and I would recommend it to anyone who likes FPS/zombies/hard sandbox games.

• HardCoreGamer44HardCoreGamer44 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I Would Not Give Dayz For H1z1 Maybe A Year Down The Rode It Might Be Worth Buying 
  • HardCoreGamer44HardCoreGamer44 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    @svandy thats right the community of h1z1 is bad i mean little kids seems like wanna cuzz act big and do dumb sh*t very few people you find is good 
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    I still do not understand the point of making a 'Zombie Survival' game and have Battle Royale as a game mode. Why not just create a FPS/TPS type game in the first place with modes like BR, CTF, KotH, etc.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I still do not understand the point of making a 'Zombie Survival' game and have Battle Royale as a game mode. Why not just create a FPS/TPS type game in the first place with modes like BR, CTF, KotH, etc.
    That is because they failed miserably at making a Zombie Survival game.

If they want the game to be BR then they should have the mode as player survivors vs player zombies. When killed by a zombie then that player turns into a zombie. One side will win when the other is eliminated. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SlyLoK said:
    That is because they failed miserably at making a Zombie Survival game.

If they want the game to be BR then they should have the mode as player survivors vs player zombies. When killed by a zombie then that player turns into a zombie. One side will win when the other is eliminated. 

The zombies would always win. Maybe, after a zombie gets enough nourishment, it would morph back into a human. That could work.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee