Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goog summoner/necromancer class

NototnoNototno Member UncommonPosts: 28
Im searching for a game with a good necromancer/summoner class. No old school rpg or Trion pls. Any thing with good graphics and gameplay is ok i think.

Comments

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Stop looking lol. And wait for Pantheon - rise of the fallen
  • nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Wizbuiz said:
    Stop looking lol. And wait for Pantheon - rise of the fallen
    When is Pantheon coming out?
  • NototnoNototno Member UncommonPosts: 28
    this is getting hard cuz all good gaming are coming now. i can't select what i will play T-T
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Yeah he says he doesn't want an old school game and you suggest an old school game that will come out in 2 years...
    That helps a lot.

OP the newest game with a summoner class that comes to my mind is the remake of Final Fantasy 14.
    I didn't play that one much though so I can't tell you how "good" the class is.

Maybe engineer on Wildstar if you don't mind your minions to be drones and robots?
    Harbinger of Fools
    i tried wild star befor and it was to strange the fight mechanic
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    You can play a Warlock in WoW
    well let me add WoW to the No list
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Nototno said:
    Im searching for a game with a good necromancer/summoner class. No old school rpg or Trion pls. Any thing with good graphics and gameplay is ok i think.
    FFXIV does have a Summoner that specializes in the Elements.  Earth pet, fire pet and a ranged air pet.  However its a DoT class so it would "feel" more Necro like.  Their damage is slow but steady and one of the highest DPS classes in the game.  I have both a Black Mage and Summoner and they both do great DPS but  the Black Mage is like a Wizard - Just straight raw damage with a honkey mechanic built in to use their highest level spells(But do they a LOT of damage if you get it down) where the Summoner is more slow, steady, dot  damage.  

That said, the Summoner can solo a TON of stuff that some classes cant.  I know on my Summoner I can tackle more difficult mobs than any of my other characters can.  Their pet heal is great. Overall its a good class, just on the slower side. 
  • SoraksisSoraksis Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Guild Wars 2 had a good necromancer.
    i was searching for a necromancer like those that can get any sort of thing u can imaginate from a grave and just go around cursing every thing in the way xD i think i will try FFXIV but i need check the price first
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Vanguards was pretty bad ass fun .. but .ohhh well
    a question about  FFXIV it is turn base/smash button or like tera?
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Nototno said:
    a question about  FFXIV it is turn base/smash button or like tera?
    Neither of these 2. It's tab-targetting like most themeparks, but the combat is a bit slower. Makes it feel less heavy on the button-smashing (like it's the case in WoW or Rift). 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2015
    FFXIV's smn plays exactly as an affliction warlock; however, affliction warlock is a bit more responsive (since FFXIV doesn't have a pet assist so you'd have to manually change targets with it) also SE has no plans of adding extra egis (summons) in the immediate future, so you're stuck with 3 (a tank, melee dps, ranged dps pet).  Also FFXIV is a very vanity heavy game, so your endgame will really consist of collecting mounts and gear for their glamour, their gear progression is currently lackluster.

Rift has a few pet classes, one for each class and all play relatively differently from each other (primalist doesn't have a pet spec yet)
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Guild Wars 1 has the best necromancer class around in my opinion.. Great game too.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    edited November 2015
    Guild Wars 1 has the best necromancer class around in my opinion.. Great game too.
    Yeah, but the graphics is not really up to date.
    I think GW2 is the best around with acceptable graphics, GW1 had the class better though, I love their "necrotic travel" skill and how they use the bodies of dead enemies to make pets and other effects. And it (GW2) is free (unless you want the new expansion) so it is worth trying at least.

AoC have some acceptable pet classes as well, not as good though but might be worth a try.
    Wow and EQ2 as well but they are both from 2004 and even with graphical upgrades I am not sure if they look good enough for OPs taste (up to him of course).
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    edited November 2015
    Blade and Soul SMN :expressionless:

Seriously you could try Mystic in Tera there a healer but they get many pets or engineer in Wildstar. Aion has spiritmaster there pretty good......
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    I just wanted to add Conan's necro onto the list but Loke was faster :wink: 
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    I loved AOC necro always felt like I had my own little army......
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Loke666 said:
    Yeah, but the graphics is not really up to date.
    I think GW2 is the best around with acceptable graphics, GW1 had the class better though, I love their "necrotic travel" skill and how they use the bodies of dead enemies to make pets and other effects. And it (GW2) is free (unless you want the new expansion) so it is worth trying at least.

AoC have some acceptable pet classes as well, not as good though but might be worth a try.
    Wow and EQ2 as well but they are both from 2004 and even with graphical upgrades I am not sure if they look good enough for OPs taste (up to him of course).
    Ye tried GW1 myself a few months ago and sadly.. It's abit outdated for my taste as well.. If only they could have made GW2 that way :/ I loved it.
    Tera-> didn't like mystic
    Blade and Soul -> waiting it realease in EU
    GW -> didn't like the mechanics (going to be killed for say this)
    EQ1 -> old graphics so...
    AOC -> ? is good?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Nototno said:
    AOC -> ? is good?
    Yep, it is.

:lol:
    Ok, a bit more, sadly there's no decent review vids I could link, just lame pvp ones... Except SW, necro has maybe the best spellweaving (visually) https://youtu.be/iLuWfX4kWOg

AoC necro is a fun ranged dps / cc class, with an army of undead - or just a couple - or none at all (nightfall necro without pets). You have plenty of different minions and you can summon them in any combination the situation requires, but they have different "values" in pet points. Can have only two from the strongest ones, up to eight at once from the simple melee mutilators (above those you can have the skulls and a frozen hatred as well, temporarily, so in some cases you can have 10-11 pets roaming around).
    It's a good class, but not the easiest to play towards the end (during leveling it tears through everything). Anyways, the game is f2p, give it a try and check for yourself :wink: