Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tinkering with Unwanted Gear - R&D Gear System Announced | DC Universe Online | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageTinkering with Unwanted Gear - R&D Gear System Announced | DC Universe Online | MMORPG.com

The DC Universe Online site has been updated with a first look at a new system that will be coming to the game: R&D Gear. Essentially, R&D gives players the opportunity to salvage unwanted gear and to use components gained to enhance gear via R&D Plans.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    I used to play this game religiously but update after update it become worse than wow gearing. Every new update is a gear treadmill to constantly get better gear to allow you into the new flashpoints and alerts. You would think a dying company like daybreak would realize that this is what drove off about 90% of the dcuo fans. People do not want to always chase gear gated behind a CR rating each DLC. But oh well they had years to get this right instead of turning this into a ghosttown game. It just sucks because they own the publishing rights and DC universe has all the shows and movies releasing now which would be a great time to take advantage of a full on DC universe mmorpg and not some stupid moba or old dcuo with outdated gearing and mechanics. Hell even the flash and Arrow are not bad and legends of tomorrow actually looks really really good.
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    cronius77 said:
    I used to play this game religiously but update after update it become worse than wow gearing. Every new update is a gear treadmill to constantly get better gear to allow you into the new flashpoints and alerts. You would think a dying company like daybreak would realize that this is what drove off about 90% of the dcuo fans. People do not want to always chase gear gated behind a CR rating each DLC. But oh well they had years to get this right instead of turning this into a ghosttown game. It just sucks because they own the publishing rights and DC universe has all the shows and movies releasing now which would be a great time to take advantage of a full on DC universe mmorpg and not some stupid moba or old dcuo with outdated gearing and mechanics. Hell even the flash and Arrow are not bad and legends of tomorrow actually looks really really good.
    I'm right there with you. I remember reading somewhere that Daybreak (when it was SOE) had the DC contract until 2017 or 2018 - something like that. I'm willing to bet DCUO will get its plug pulled around that time. Hopefully the license will go to someplace where they know how to retain their customers instead of putting up senseless grind/paywalls to DLC content. Goes to show how out of touch the current devs are on DCUO, or they just don't give a shit.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.