Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Lotro releases Minas Tirith and crickets...

rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
They add Minas Tirith to the game and MMORPG doesnt have word one about it.

I know its an eight year old game but its still lord of the rings and its a major part of the story.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013
    I received an e-mail about that yesterday and my reaction was "really? When was this happening? I don't remember reading an article about it".

Maybe Turbine is running on auto pilot and they forgot to let anyone know? Though, I do see there is a mention of it on Massively Overpowered.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Not enough boobs, swords are too small, and combat special effect are too dim to be covered here.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Do you see any banner ads here? Then you have your answer.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    But we get updates on games that aren't even out yet. Amazing isn't it?  =)
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• macwoodmacwood Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I play it and was supprized, they had a beta event at weekend that did not go well, meeting monday morning, and just  pushed it out tuesday, they normalty have at least 2-4 weeks notice. very strange :/
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited October 2015
    nope, MMORPG is into vaporware and pre-alpha drawings nowadays.  We got tons of articles about some game designers ideas that he has fleshed out on some canvases.  

They also report about non-mmo's nowadays too, so the MOBA games and single player games have coverage as well.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    At least I posted about it every time on the other thread :wink: (I mean about the preview, the BR fun and also the launch. Harvestmath festival ditto). But yep, nothing on the News section about it... too bad, since Minas Tirith is an iconic place.

Mac, that was not a beta event, that was a hardware stress test for the new gear.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    That's because the game is old, and everyone moved on.  They should've never used the story to be the main vehicle of the game, especially for an MMO.  Did they really expect people to wait 8 years later to play in Minas Tirith?  They should've had these major zones in the game from the start, and made them end-game zones.  The linear expansions took too long.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Turbine probably didn't had the money for "coverage" or weren't interested in getting their expansion featured here.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    dont forget the weekly Ark updates they have here also. Yeah this site isnt what it used to be for sure...
    Rhoklaw said:

[...] However, as much as I love LOTRO, I think it failed to acquire a lot of attention for the same reason TSW went the way of the Dodo.... crappy, clunky combat.
    Lot of attention is overrated, just like combat :lol:  I guess that's why LotRO and TSW have maybe the best communities out there, especially roleplay-wise.

But even if I personally don't really care about combat, I have a few exceptions, one of them is the Warden. So it may have "crappy, clunky combat" (whis is the same one every tab-target game has), the arrival of Warden in 2008 was awesome. (my other favourite, AoC's melee launched on that year too).
    The lore-breaking RK was also a new idea, I don't remember any classes before that could role-swap in combat at will - sure, there were different stances, but RK switched fully, not just slapping on some few % modifiers.
    (beornings have some nice mechanics too... but nothing new, overall.)
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    macwood said:
    I play it and was supprized, they had a beta event at weekend that did not go well, meeting monday morning, and just  pushed it out tuesday, they normalty have at least 2-4 weeks notice. very strange :/

Thought the "beta" was a stress test of the new data centre hardware - a "get as many people to log on for 2 hours and see if it breaks" test rather and not a beta of the new content. 

Of the content itself I have only tried the new raids and they are "manic" - so much to do. 
    edited October 2015
    Rhoklaw said:
    observer said:
    That's because the game is old, and everyone moved on.  They should've never used the story to be the main vehicle of the game, especially for an MMO.  Did they really expect people to wait 8 years later to play in Minas Tirith?  They should've had these major zones in the game from the start, and made them end-game zones.  The linear expansions took too long.
    Actually, I think the linear expansions unfolding along with the well known story was a better choice than to just open up a Middle Earth sandbox. However, the expansions do seem to be a lot slower now. <snip>
    3 (non-trivial) updates in the last year though so not to shabby.  Propelling it - maybe - towards some sort of end maybe? A few more chunks before the ring is destroyed? (Which would be nice of WarnerBros.) It is a huge game these days content wise.
    Sovrath said:
    I received an e-mail about that yesterday and my reaction was "really? When was this happening? I don't remember reading an article about it".

Maybe Turbine is running on auto pilot and they forgot to let anyone know? Though, I do see there is a mention of it on Massively Overpowered.

Maybe it could have been promoted more but in some ways it doesn't really matter whether word gets out before or after.

As far as the non-coverage goes I suppose the cruel might say that it is because its an mmo!
  • MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188
    All I am waiting for is the day that Turbine loses the license to this game, and the IP goes to someone who builds us a massive, living/breathing, sandbox. This game has too much lore/history to be on rails.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Have you actually seen the ingame Minas Tirith in LOTRO?

If this is all they could come up with after all these years. /shrugh  It doesn´t look anything remotely how it´s described in the books or how they did in the film.
    It looks like a cheap three story town with a center tower slapped on it and then reused the old wall assets from Isengard. In fact, the wall structure looks exactly like that of Isengard. /facepalm

They just threw a lot of old existing art assets together. lol.

It´s pretty clear they have hardly anyone left working on the game, yet alone someone handling press releases.

As I too only just got the email saying it was released with some crappy twitch video. Usually they announce expansion updates like these weeks (if not months) ahead.
    It has some reused models and textures, but that's not a novum in the mmo world... (and the similarity to Isengard, well, since both are built by Númenórian, it's not a coincidence... at least lore-wise :lol: )

I think it's a pretty good remediation of the book. It's huge, looks massive, the Tree (designed upon Tolkien's favourite) is epic...
    Here's a short clip of Lina pulling a Denethor (at least Jackson's jumping version), you can see there that it's not just a "cheap three story town"... https://youtu.be/GPr0S0V1scg

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I am disappointed in MMORPG.com for not covering this better. Shame on you!!
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    Po_gg said:
    It has some reused models and textures, but that's not a novum in the mmo world... (and the similarity to Isengard, well, since both are built by Númenórian, it's not a coincidence... at least lore-wise :lol: )

Some? Pretty much every LOTRO update since Helm's Deep consisted of reused, in some cases up to ten year old art assets. And it shows, the game aged terribly because of that. It's a shame, really.
  • PascalCPascalC Member UncommonPosts: 38
    edited November 2015
    We have minas tirith... City is huge but game is too old , Everything looks terribly static, the places, the char, the combat (same old fedex quests, old combat system)... LOTRO has the best lore but the game it now too old. I'm still on it because Tolkien's lore is one of my favorites but not really for the game. Found epic quest not so epic (full of fedex boring missions take mission on circle 7 then go to c3 then C4 of MT then Circle 5 then come back to circle 7 then go again to C1 OMGGGGG) . We're at the end of books, near the biggest battle of all times and you must do stupid quests with your 100 char : take papers and give to another NPC, look for a diner for a hobbit, take care about rats... wtf? who cares about rats when we have to fight against nazguls and sauron's army seriously? :angry:

Miss my old but great BFME I and II.
    Hope those old but fun games can be played on w8.1
    PascalC said:
    We have minas tirith... City is huge but game is too old , Everything looks terribly static, the places, the char, the combat (same old fedex quests, old combat system)... LOTRO has the best lore but the game it now too old. I'm still on it because Tolkien's lore is one of my favorites but not really for the game. Found epic quest not so epic (full of fedex boring missions take mission on circle 7 then go to c3 then C4 of MT then Circle 5 then come back to circle 7 then go again to C1 OMGGGGG) . We're at the end of books, near the biggest battle of all times and you must do stupid quests with your 100 char : take papers and give to another NPC, look for a diner for a hobbit, take care about rats... wtf? who cares about rats when we have to fight against nazguls and sauron's army seriously? :angry:

Miss my old but great BFME I and II.
    Hope those old but fun games can be played on w8.1
    you mention same ole fedex quests.  I hear you, but I'm doing those same quests on wildstar.  its just that wildstar is more up to date and has better visuals.  but its funny how those quests types are still around in game types today.  

nowadays games have like 3-5 sources of ways to gain experience.  i haven't played lotro in a long time so i wouldnt know, but i think just cuz visually its been around a while i dont think it will make a comeback.  but who knows

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I may be wrong here, but i think this is already the second time mmorpg.com doesn't cover a LotrO expansion or some other Turbine news.
    I think i remember something like that has happened before.

Someone here seems to be mad at Turbine and now refuses to feature this company anymore.

Volgore said:
    I may be wrong here, but i think this is already the second time mmorpg.com doesn't cover a LotrO expansion or some other Turbine news.
    I think i remember something like that has happened before.

Someone here seems to be mad at Turbine and now refuses to feature this company anymore.
    nah i told you man, mmorpg.com has shifted their coverage to a lot of single player rpgs and vape games.

Volgore said:
    Turbine probably didn't had the money for "coverage" or weren't interested in getting their expansion featured here.

Turbine are a small part of WarnerBros Games ..... part of WarnerBros Entertainment ...... part of WarnerBros. And I am pretty sure I missed two or three "parts".