Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Dev Reports . . . Amazing increase in popularity has lead to 20 new servers being opened!

CooperstownCooperstown Member UncommonPosts: 32
WOW  . . . just WOW . . . Wildstar has increased it's population by tenfold going to free to slay, now they are opening 20 new servers!  Amazing!  

Official dev report . . . http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/gettyb.asp

Comments

• CooperstownCooperstown Member UncommonPosts: 32
    20 new servers is pretty amazing though , right?!
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    It's more about the timing. The only thing happening that's fresh/new in this genre right now beside GW2 expansion is WildStar F2P which came month+ ago. Good timing ...hope it does well. I would too be inclined to try it if I wasn't already invested in other F2P MMORPG.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    pfft just canceled my sub day before yesterday it only held me back for 3 weeks.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

Give it a month or 3 and they will quietly merge the 20 servers into 1 because the population stabilized
    ehhh, that dev report shows some pretty amazing confidence . . . 2 million active players is a lot!
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    guess no one clicked the link
    lol :)
    In all seriousness though,  5 million active players is quite the number . . . cant scoff at that
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Holy fuck, people...

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Herase said:
    guess no one clicked the link
    I'm not clicking it
    You should click it!
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Kefo said:

Give it a month or 3 and they will quietly merge the 20 servers into 1 because the population stabilized
    I don't agree it will be 20 to 1, but yeah they'll be merging when the shiny wears off.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Please click the link.  =)
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Can almost hear the 'Whooosh!' sound as it buzzes over their heads :pleased: 

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

I don't agree with the word "whoosh" as related to wildstar . . . the game is great, current dev reports show that, any words like "whoosh " only serve to disrail this thread , it's like you are going off the rails on a crazy train  . . . my own words i just made up
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    clicked the link, nothing happened.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    I don't agree with the word "whoosh" as related to wildstar . . . the game is great, current dev reports show that, any words like "whoosh " only serve to disrail this thread , it's like you are going off the rails on a crazy train  . . . my own words i just made up
    It does as I was referencing the 3rd paragraph where they mention retention rates and cash influx.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

"Whoosh" as a term still has too much baggage . . . it's too soon to throw a word like that around
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    You should click it!
    Click it, just click it..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Good news glad to hear it, I won't be going back at this time but some time down the road.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

You should consider the victims

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    You should consider the victims

You racked up a decent body count with this one. This was so awesome it was almost art. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

:) was my aim
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    People are sure gullible on this site... B)
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    by letting potential buyers play your game?