Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Listen Up! First Closed Beta Event Begins Tomorrow! | Blade & Soul | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageListen Up! First Closed Beta Event Begins Tomorrow! | Blade & Soul | MMORPG.com

NCSoft is giving players the heads up that the first closed beta event for Blade & Soul will kick off on Thursday, October 29th at 10:00 am Pacific / 1:00 pm Eastern. All Founder's Pack members have instant access as well as those who signed up on the site and were chosen for participation.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThexReporterThexReporter Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Let me guess, much like Blizzards new betas you can only get in if you're a dip shit on Twitch... bonus if you have tits?
  • demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Let me guess, much like Blizzards new betas you can only get in if you're a dip shit on Twitch... bonus if you have tits?
    Of course you can get in, you just have to pay money up front, pleb! Really though it's quite silly.
  • beruskoberusko Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited October 2015
    Most of twitch streamers that were playing last weekend bought the founders pack, i guess this is the kind of beta that "sign in for a chance to beta invite" but they never send them, just buy the founders pack if u wanna play it basicly. And this is the 2nd CBT not the 1st, unless the last one was considered a Alpha. :D
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    berusko said:
    And this is the 2nd CBT not the 1st, unless the last one was considered a Alpha. :D
    I believe they called the one that ended a week and a half ago the "second technical alpha."
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Not true at all - a lot of people got keys simply by installing Curse Voice. Not sure if that promotion is still going on, but you can check. Also, you can buy a founders pack or hope to get lucky.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I still can't believe I'm like one of the only ones who thinks "Let me pay you to test your game" sounds stupid.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    I got in by downloading Curse Voice program. Not sure if they are still handing out keys but install the program and click the banner ad at the top right side and you get a beta key.
  • IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Tomorrow? Their site says Oct 30th.
  • ZombieCatZombieCat Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Nanfoodle said:
    I got in by downloading Curse Voice program. Not sure if they are still handing out keys but install the program and click the banner ad at the top right side and you get a beta key.
    FYI. I just tried and all the keys are gone.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Albatroes said:
    I still can't believe I'm like one of the only ones who thinks "Let me pay you to test your game" sounds stupid.
    Well to be fair it is more like pre-order a bunch of cash shop credits to play. I don't like it either, but this is the new norm for MMO's. At least you don't have to buy a $500 space ship for a game that never get's released, so it could be worse....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Tomorrow? Their site says Oct 30th.

@thedeadlymouse : Here's the quote from the PR we received today:

ALISO VIEJO, Calif. (October 28, 2015) – NCSOFT® announced today that the first closed beta weekend for Blade & Soul begins tomorrow, October 29 at 10:00am PDT / 1:00pm EDT. All players who have purchased a Founder’s Pack of any tier will have access this weekend, as well as a random assortment of players who signed up on the Blade & Soul website. Slated for a free-to-play launch in the first quarter of 2016, Blade & Soul seamlessly melds martial arts and mythology as players seek vengeance against evil forces bent on destroying their world.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/129729-dojo-beta-keys-giveaway/ here is another place giving away 100 keys.
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Albatroes said:
    As long as people are willing to pay to get in, why wouldn't they do it? They aren't forcing anyone. If no one paid, then the practice would stop. I got a free key from Curse, so apparently paying isn't the only way to get in.

I backed CF on KS and got to play in the 1st combat test. I don't regret it a bit. Like everything else, it's buyer beware. Know what you are getting before you give them your money.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Albatroes said:
    Many people think this as a whole. Though people are impatient and they want instant gratification or the next new shiny. It's a waste of time, in my opinion, to play on a test server and lose out on potentially months of work (while finding bugs for them) and not get paid for it. Though honestly, the same could be said for single player games with no longevity. You play them for one to two weeks in most cases. Then that time is lost forever and you don't load up the game again until years later, if that. It's a main reason I typically only play persistent online games whereby I know the developer and publisher intend to keep it running even if they are operating at a small loss (those who value fans and the franchise and have other outlets making them oodles of money).
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Albatroes said:

Supply and Demand. Without people willing to do so, they wouldn't offer it as an option.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    I got a key and it is the result signing up on the Blade&Soul website for the beta when it was first announced (the key was sent by NCSoft). No money spent. No Curse app installed. Patience is rewarded...
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Albatroes said:
    Many people think this as a whole. Though people are impatient and they want instant gratification or the next new shiny. It's a waste of time, in my opinion, to play on a test server and lose out on potentially months of work (while finding bugs for them) and not get paid for it. Though honestly, the same could be said for single player games with no longevity. You play them for one to two weeks in most cases. Then that time is lost forever and you don't load up the game again until years later, if that. It's a main reason I typically only play persistent online games whereby I know the developer and publisher intend to keep it running even if they are operating at a small loss (those who value fans and the franchise and have other outlets making them oodles of money).
    While there are people who are impatient and want things NOW NOW NOW, it doesn't have to be about that. For instance you say "lose out on potentially months of work". Well, that would be a non-issue for me (and I assume some others) because enjoying one's self is "enjoying one's self". To that end, I think there are people who don't have to have things perfect and are willing to play now and then leave and move on to the next thing. It doesn't take much effort to report a bug and in truth, I don't recall being a beta tester for some earlier single player games and ever getting paid for it. You do it because you want to. There is a certain reward for that in and of itself. If anything most people don't mind things being imperfect and don't mind paying extra to get in "now' and then continue the cycle with another game. Yes there are people who are going to rant and rave at bugs or lag or crashes even though it might be a beta or stress test, but these people are just vinegar and that's their nature.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I managed to randomly be selected.  Don't think this has ever happened before.  I did sign up shortly after beta sign ups went live though. 
  • mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    i'm hyped. I played the game before and i know its good. My problem the last beta weekend was the lack of a european server. Ping is king in this game.
  • TechnoMonkeyTechnoMonkey Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I was gonna write my opinion on this subject... but then I stopped and realized... who gives a shit.
  • Torque2484Torque2484 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Right now if you have a curse voice beta account you should be able to get a beta key for BnS
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Right now if you have a curse voice beta account you should be able to get a beta key for BnS
    That ship has left the port, they are out of keys.
  • SatyrosSatyros Member UncommonPosts: 156
    So far I have never played an asian MMO and liked it. Grind and visuals on max, story and everything else on life support. This does not look like an exception. Then there is the fact that it's preheated food.. Too little too late.