Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIDEO: GW2 Free Account Restrictions...

BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
The impetus for this video was born on the official GW2 forums and from the work going into my in-depth review for GW2. I discuss Guild Wars 2 free account restrictions and why the game is not free-to-play.

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Your entire "point" is that the game is not F2P because if you buy the game, you get extra perks.

Don't you find it silly...?
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Gdemami said:
    Your entire "point" is that the game is not F2P because if you buy the game, you get extra perks.

Don't you find it silly...?

No because that's not at all my point. My point is the game is not free-to-play, nor has it ever been free-to-play. The restrictions clearly go beyond "no-frills" free-to-play content because ArenaNet is not trying to offer free-to-play content.

They simply made some content available for free.
    edited October 2015
    No because that's not at all my point. My point is the game is not free-to-play, nor has it ever been free-to-play. The restrictions clearly go beyond "no-frills" free-to-play content because ArenaNet is not trying to offer free-to-play content.

They simply made some content available for free.
    Yep, that is indeed all your point - you just repeated what I said.

Also, you seem not to be able to make up your mind whether "ArenaNet is not trying to offer free-to-play content" or "They simply made some content available for free" - those two are mutually exclusive.
    edited October 2015
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Heh kind of crazy, your title:  free account restrictions...to explain why it is not free to play.

ooookkkaaayyy. Whatever you say i guess.....back to playing gw2 for free here....

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    edited October 2015
    Who cares that you need to pay for something, as long as its worth the money...  Free games are an illusion, because producing games costs lots of money, live with that..

When do people finally that having an option to play a game (or part of it) for free is not the same as a free game.. Noboddy ever said this game was free.... Just that you can play some of it for free..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Who cares that you need to pay for something, as long as its worth the money...  Free games are an illusion, because producing games costs lots of money, live with that..
    Eh, after all those threads, one would think that everyone already understand that F2P does not mean "no income model"...
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    These restrictions are set in place to protect the paid community. You can imagine how toxic map chat could be if any troll could just roll up a new account and start screaming in map chat. The trade restrictions are to prevent existing paying players exploiting free accounts and sending themselves easy to get items.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?