Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria | Equipment & Inventory | MMORPG

Comments

• JahosefatJahosefat Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Please use my friend code when you sign up or even if you are already a subscriber and have not entered a referral code yet. I am trying to gin influence to set up a guild with the perks in game and any help would be greatly appreciated. Referral code: D7D1F4

Blackthorne Legend Gaming | Join Us! Jahosefat - Deckhand of Blackthorne

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Wizbuiz said:
    Now, if the game will just feel as fluently as WoW it might be game breaking, otherwise i fear its just gonna be another Vanguard ahead of its time graphics that ends up being a lagcluster
    Agreed. The features sound great, but games do tend to be either deep with clunky graphics / UI / etc. or smooth but rather shallow... hopefully this is one of those rare gems that is both deep and plays well. Being an indie production however, and with the graphics style they are using, I have my doubts.
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Maygus said:
    It looks like you'll be able to wear whatever you choose on either side.
    So you could have plate armor on one hand and leather with a wrist mounted crossbow on the other.

I wonder if that's the case, or if both hands are actually one slot?

I'd much prefer to have it open for the player's choice, but I could understand if that's not in the cards.
    It's actually the other way around. Leather glove on one-hand and a gauntlet with crossbow on the other. Considering what it is, I couldn't imagine a leather glove a very stable surface for mounting a crossbow on it. :)

Ha, yes, now that you say that I realize I did read that and didn't apply it to my thoughts in saying that.

Once upon a time....

• AlyssaImagineAlyssaImagine Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I hope it turns out as good as it sounds. Mortal Online sounded pretty decent, but once I tried to play it the graphics and animations were horrible. The fighting animations were so bad it was hard to take the fighting seriously.
    Sign up for Ashes of Creation: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/HanaSyde/

• DerryFHDerryFH Member UncommonPosts: 57
    edited October 2015
    Zultra said:
    I just signed up. I've been meaning to over the last week but this was a good time to do it.
    You want to use my friend code? B4ACB3 Oh Zultra, you have just set the new low in IP hunting ;) Give the man a break :-)

Long live the King!
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited October 2015
    The half plate is ripped straight from the Lord of the Rings movie costumes. Something original next time would suffice.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    edited October 2015
    What happens to the "dedicated gatherers" in the wild when the people who aren't find them? You just have to run out into the woods naked with your donkey and hope people are nice ? Guy walks into the woods, hits some rocks. Guy with sword slices him. "Dramatic Storytelling"
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Utinni said:
    What happens to the "dedicated gatherers" in the wild when the people who aren't find them? You just have to run out into the woods naked with your donkey and hope people are nice ? Guy walks into the woods, hits some rocks. Guy with sword slices him. "Dramatic Storytelling"
    I think same thing when a happy miner is floating around in null-sec, and same thing when someone found gold in the old days. You can't survive alone. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Utinni said:
    I know I'm going out on a limb here, but if you have to ask that question ... I think this game isn't for you. 
    Just bringing up a weak point. The people who want to be "dedicated gatherers" are not the permadeath open pvp crowd, and the permadeath open pvp crowd isnt into "gathering". They likely couldn't even be friends irl.
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Utinni said:
    Utinni said:
    I know I'm going out on a limb here, but if you have to ask that question ... I think this game isn't for you. 
    Just bringing up a weak point. The people who want to be "dedicated gatherers" are not the permadeath open pvp crowd, and the permadeath open pvp crowd isnt into "gathering". They likely couldn't even be friends irl.

Game isn't really permadeath but I understand your point. But they can be friends irl. It's just they can't safely solo anymore and that opens a whole another of experience, kinda like it is in EVE. You can be a dedicated gatherer, but you can't solo the game anymore, you have to be part of a group. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Utinni said:
    Utinni said:
    And that's only one weak point in the chain.
  • Verum0Verum0 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    This game actually looks like it would be good. Basing this just on armor set... Reminds me of old school ad&d... How can we sign up to test the water??
  • TeraficusTeraficus Member CommonPosts: 3
    Myrdynn said:
    Look I love the way this all sounds, but I absolutely despise when companies try to sell me the " unique" aspect of a game Asheron's Call- They pretty much did this like 16 yrs ago, so its hardly unique In order to customize characters to deal with different climates and occupations, CoE uses a unique layering system for equipment. Certain body parts have the ability to contain multiple different pieces of equipment simultaneously.
    Yeah, nothing really unique in this matter at all. Even Kingdom Come: Deliverance has this kind of system and is going to be done much faster than CoE. Anyway, I wonder how much features that make playing harder and dying easier they can put into it and still keep it enjoyable, i.e. items having different sizes.
  • dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    This game is going from omg that's an awesome concept to woah, what the , okay that was taken out because of tediousness and boredom and ...man mixed bag. For instance, I love the idea of going around and mapping things, but hand drawing thrings, ugh, feels tedious, feels like areas could be either predefined or if drawing is done the drawing auto corrects. In here, I hate weight systems in games. The occasional corpse run is one thing, a punishment for failing, but constantly tracking back and forth to recover resources is tedious and borders on work. And whereas there are quite a few people who i'm surea work simulator game appeals too, i can't iamgine it will be a popular function. A key thing to remember when bringing back retro design is that a lot of retro designs that fade away faded because of a core flaw in them, so when u bring htem back you have to achnoledge the core flaw at least and hopefully bring something a bit more innovative than eliminating it all together (the problem with modern mmos).
  • mikeyb138mikeyb138 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Utinni said:
    Utinni said:
    Making people think and plan before heading out in the wilderness by themselves with nothing to protect themselves =weak link? Get some friends or guards or be able to handle a sword yourself if you are going out solo to gather doesnt seem unreasonable to me. Of course depending on the kingdom, maybe the kings army will make it safe to do so? Everyone has to realize that this game is not aiming to be a pvp gankfest, neither is going to be a carebear handholder. It wants to be realistic. Can you hold 40 steel breast plates? I know I cant, I dont lift bro.
  • xeraxxerax Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Sounds like a good system but over applied. No reason you shouldn't be able to wear a necklace especially a magic necklace under a gorget or helm. It just need more effort to think it through and program it properly. NOT some marketing man to explain the developers thinking behind lazy implementayion. Secondly nothing wrong when resource gathering takes lots of effort. However it can quickly become horrible if PVP setting arnt right. Say 4 hours to gather something but only 5 mins to kill somebody who has spent 4 hours gathering it and your mate cart if off. Risk vs reward is very hard to balance in these situations. Also where resources are hard to gather like this dupe bugs can kill the game/economy overnight. Its a high bar I hope they see it through properly.
    Utinni said:
    Utinni said:

Game isn't really permadeath but I understand your point. But they can be friends irl. It's just they can't safely solo anymore and that opens a whole another of experience, kinda like it is in EVE. You can be a dedicated gatherer, but you can't solo the game anymore, you have to be part of a group. 
    Eve is a different sort of game than an MMORPG with characters that players form attachments to. It gets more personal when it's your character rather than a ship. And this is a trait that seems much more predominant in the gatherer sort of gamer than in open world PKer types.

What makes it worse is the reward for play/labor flows to the victor, which is something the gatherer types weren't in it for.

On top of that, PvPers know how to organize for their goals, another thing the gatherer type isn't mentally inclined to do. Gatherers want to do their thing, enjoy the world and playable risks, and see some reward for their game play. Which is the same for anyone, but when that enjoyment and reward doesn't happen because of the state of the game they tend to pack up and leave for a better world for them.

In any game that openly pits PvPers against non-PvPers, the results will be pretty easy to see.
    There has to be some means of social protection for those non-PvPers, just like in the real world. Unlike the real world, it's a lot easier to pack up and leave a game.

Once upon a time....

• ThomasBPGThomasBPG Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Utinni said:
    Utinni said:

Eve is a different sort of game than an MMORPG with characters that players form attachments to. It gets more personal when it's your character rather than a ship. And this is a trait that seems much more predominant in the gatherer sort of gamer than in open world PKer types.

What makes it worse is the reward for play/labor flows to the victor, which is something the gatherer types weren't in it for.

On top of that, PvPers know how to organize for their goals, another thing the gatherer type isn't mentally inclined to do. Gatherers want to do their thing, enjoy the world and playable risks, and see some reward for their game play. Which is the same for anyone, but when that enjoyment and reward doesn't happen because of the state of the game they tend to pack up and leave for a better world for them.

In any game that openly pits PvPers against non-PvPers, the results will be pretty easy to see.
    There has to be some means of social protection for those non-PvPers, just like in the real world. Unlike the real world, it's a lot easier to pack up and leave a game.
    The Jail system / Soul hit covers that.
    edited October 2015
    Lynxeyed said:
    Utinni said:
    Utinni said:

The Jail system / Soul hit covers that.
    I thought they removed the soul hit thing.
    Are there jail breaks? Does it become merely more game play for PKers who are back at it with little penalty?
    How hard is it to capture a PKer, and get them to jail? Will PKer groups simply overrun the captors and take their friend back, making it even more fun game play for the PKer types?

Once upon a time....

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    I believe this game promise much things
  • BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    This game...sounds like my own personal "Dream MMO"...
  • dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    mikeyb138 said:
    Utinni said:
    Utinni said:
    Making people think and plan before heading out in the wilderness by themselves with nothing to protect themselves =weak link? Get some friends or guards or be able to handle a sword yourself if you are going out solo to gather doesnt seem unreasonable to me. Of course depending on the kingdom, maybe the kings army will make it safe to do so? Everyone has to realize that this game is not aiming to be a pvp gankfest, neither is going to be a carebear handholder. It wants to be realistic. Can you hold 40 steel breast plates? I know I cant, I dont lift bro.
    It's suspension of belief. I mean, no don't suspend your belief that you can carry 40 steel breast plates, but i'd rather have the game explain that i have a wagon and for space and graphic purposes it's just not shown. IF i were to tweak this sytem, i'd get rid of the weight or don't reestrict it so much. and i'd just have the player travel slower ala Elder Scroll when they are too overencumbered. Time is the most important comodity a person has. Let's say that the person does hire people. These people would have to make multiple runs. These multiple runs will be uneventful most of the time, so those people who rely on practicing skills and getting stronger arn't getting stronger.
  • aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Ok so it's now official: Chronicles of Elyria devs have some kind of mind-reading tech they used on me to create my dream MMORPG.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited October 2015
    Rhoklaw said:
    SlyLoK said:
    The half plate is ripped straight from the Lord of the Rings movie costumes. Something original next time would suffice.
    Technically, 95% of MMO features, graphics, creatures and lore were derived from Lord of the Rings or Dungeons and Dragons. So let's not assume CoE is the first to borrow ideas or graphics from somewhere else.
    So you think reusing mechanics and features that are the staple of the genre is the same thing as ripping off a movie costume and then claiming as your own? Wow. And the only copying I see going on as far as art in games are all those titles that have copied everything WoW. Not really a group one would want to be compared to.. 

Like I said. Something original next time would suffice.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Rhoklaw said:
    As far as I'm aware, the current world size of CoE has me less worried about dying than most MMOs. The chances of running into some random murderer in the wild while transporting goods is probably fairly uncommon, if not rare. Not to mention, I don't think you understand CoE's mechanics into becoming a murderer. CoE isn't your typical, gankfest oriented PvP game. People who go around killing others randomly outside of war, will most likely find themselves reaching permadeath much sooner than their victims.
    Funny, every pvp game out there claims to have solved the ganking aspect, yet not one has.  What in your wildest dreams makes you think this one will, especially since we are dealing with an indie developer?