Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert is Incredible!

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited October 2015
    Nanfoodle said:
    From what I can tell, Black Desert basically has that.

I mean, maybe it's not exactly the same but does it have to be for people to be happy?
    I dont think you get it, no one is bashing this game. I think BD offers a great package and could keep me playing for a long time. But if BD had added a few things it could have gone from an awesome game to epic. Its like Pizza, we all know where it came from but it started out with just flat bread and pizza sauce. The USA added cheese and other toppings. I have had real pizza in Italy and it was really good. But if I had to pick, it would be the pimped out US pizza I would pick every time. Even though its not nearly as healthy lol. But again this is subjective and for some this is a turn off, for others its what sold them on the game. Solo crafting and 99% solo content. 
    Well, first of all we don't know exactly what the rules are going to be for the Western release, although we should know soon.

But yeah if you're looking for crafting cartels or some kind of multiplayer group-crafting experience or whatever was in SWG you probably will never find it here.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Nanfoodle said:

I mean, maybe it's not exactly the same but does it have to be for people to be happy?
    I dont think you get it, no one is bashing this game. I think BD offers a great package and could keep me playing for a long time. But if BD had added a few things it could have gone from an awesome game to epic. Its like Pizza, we all know where it came from but it started out with just flat bread and pizza sauce. The USA added cheese and other toppings. I have had real pizza in Italy and it was really good. But if I had to pick, it would be the pimped out US pizza I would pick every time. Even though its not nearly as healthy lol. But again this is subjective and for some this is a turn off, for others its what sold them on the game. Solo crafting and 99% solo content. 
    Well, first of all we don't know exactly what the rules are going to be for the Western release, although we should know soon.

But yeah if you're looking for crafting cartels or some kind of multiplayer group-crafting experience or whatever was in SWG you probably will never find it here.
    Either way, I will be there at release with my wife and will see how strong the teamed content is =-) I really hope the solo content scales or at the least, can all be done with friends. If not, we will be walking away very fast. 
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Hellwarlord

dont be too hyped kids and better watch this if you cant test game by yourself atm image

What makes meme laugh about this is it's another western review. Fact is it's an Asian mmo that was made for an Asian market. If it never releases in the West meaning US then who cares. The devs has a vast mmo player base in Asia and Russian to pull. They really don't need NA or Europe for that matter.
    From a gameplay perspective, BD is a clone of AA. Same mechanics, same features, same shortcomings, same cash shop intensity, same PvP exclusive end game with massive power gap between whales and the rest.
    Is AA successful in the East? No.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Nanfoodle said:

This is exactly why this game will do nothing.  There is 0 point to this game being an MMO.  Its the exact same game as Diablo 3.  Go smash shit by yourself, you can craft stuff by yourself and everyone else in the world its basically pointless.  Its a stupid ass design.  I mean come on really?   Your crafting that item to NEVER sell it to someone.  You are playing in an Online world with Thousands of other people to NEVER interact with them on ANY level.  What is the point of the game then?  It would better if you just go play D3.  Seriously because that is what you are doing in D3 by making your own world a private world.

There are some great ideas behind this game do not get me wrong.  However its taking MMO to the Extreme of single player online game not a true MMO.  Yes this game needs to be more like SWG and UO.  At least in these 2 games (before SWG buffs) you couldn't take on the most powerful content alone.  You needed other people and no you didnt need to organize it.  Anyone who did Champion spawns in UO would tell you, people would run into Brit saying Spawn up in X location, and countless people would go do it.  In SWG Needed help killing Sandpeople, say it in general chat and people around would help, throw them a few credits and they would be happy.  

Crafters would interact with people to buy and sell wares.  Problem is none of this goes on.  I would get the SAME of of playing Neverwinter Nights 2 crafting in that game on the single player mode.  Digital stuff that is useless.  So no this game while a few of single player people are looking at this as a Gem will quickly realize that this game is a complete waste of time.  UO and SWG were 100 times better games. 
    danwest58 said:
    Nanfoodle said:

This is exactly why this game will do nothing.  There is 0 point to this game being an MMO.  Its the exact same game as Diablo 3.  Go smash shit by yourself, you can craft stuff by yourself and everyone else in the world its basically pointless.  Its a stupid ass design.  I mean come on really?   Your crafting that item to NEVER sell it to someone.  You are playing in an Online world with Thousands of other people to NEVER interact with them on ANY level.  What is the point of the game then?  It would better if you just go play D3.  Seriously because that is what you are doing in D3 by making your own world a private world.

There are some great ideas behind this game do not get me wrong.  However its taking MMO to the Extreme of single player online game not a true MMO.  Yes this game needs to be more like SWG and UO.  At least in these 2 games (before SWG buffs) you couldn't take on the most powerful content alone.  You needed other people and no you didnt need to organize it.  Anyone who did Champion spawns in UO would tell you, people would run into Brit saying Spawn up in X location, and countless people would go do it.  In SWG Needed help killing Sandpeople, say it in general chat and people around would help, throw them a few credits and they would be happy.  

Crafters would interact with people to buy and sell wares.  Problem is none of this goes on.  I would get the SAME of of playing Neverwinter Nights 2 crafting in that game on the single player mode.  Digital stuff that is useless.  So no this game while a few of single player people are looking at this as a Gem will quickly realize that this game is a complete waste of time.  UO and SWG were 100 times better games. 
    Someone in this thread talked about selling boats and buying food.  I don't think it's as totally a solo experience as you guys make it out to be.

Either way I couldn't care less.  Even if I only cared about crafting, what are the MMO alternatives?  You guys are comparing it to dead games.

My comment about mutiplayer-group crafting was somewhat tongue in cheek btw.  I've never played an MMO where you literally craft in a group.  

I personally see the crafting system in this game as a BIG step forward in MMOs.  Instead of sitting around for an hour clicking a button, the game does it for you through workers (although there are some advantages to crafting things yourself).

I like the concept of being a renowned crafter but I've never experienced it in any MMO I've played and I've played many.

Bottom line: this game takes the monotony out of crafting.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Someone in this thread talked about selling boats and buying food.  I don't think it's as totally a solo experience as you guys make it out to be.

Either way I couldn't care less.  Even if I only cared about crafting, what are the MMO alternatives?  You guys are comparing it to dead games.

My comment about mutiplayer-group crafting was somewhat tongue in cheek btw.  I've never played an MMO where you literally craft in a group.  

I personally see the crafting system in this game as a BIG step forward in MMOs.  Instead of sitting around for an hour clicking a button, the game does it for you through workers (although there are some advantages to crafting things yourself).

I like the concept of being a renowned crafter but I've never experienced it in any MMO I've played and I've played many.

Bottom line: this game takes the monotony out of crafting.
    A lot of people just hating and dismissing the progression in depth of the craft system in BDO.

Cooking... beginner give base result for what you put in i.e 5 potato 2 yeast 1 sugar 6 water = 1 beer (green)... now we're at apprentice  5 potato 2 yeast 1 sugar 6 water = 1 beer + chance at 1-2 bonus.. skip to experienced cook 5 potato 2 yeast 1 sugar 6 water = 3 beer + chance cold beer (blue)... more you lvl more you get out while still always only requiring the base mats.. higher you go = more profit you make.

Gathering... start off getting logs.. then logs + birch.. at experienced start getting rare mats used for thing like gear quality improvements or high alchemy recipes etc.

You start out at beginner but by master you actually notice a huge difference... unlike a lot off mmo's where its 'oh look i can now gather nodes in this zone' for lvling up a profession.

Its an improvement over many other mmos crafting (imo)... how much? I will let you decide and will be different with everyone because the more you put it, the more you get out of it.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    danwest58 said:
    Nanfoodle said:

You are playing in an Online world with Thousands of other people to NEVER interact with them on ANY level.  What is the point of the game then?  It would better if you just go play D3.  Seriously because that is what you are doing in D3 by making your own world a private world.

Come on, this is just flat out false. A big chunk of the game is focused on group pvp- which obviously requires interaction.

I just do not understand why people are trying to slam this game for things like "crafting is too solo focused" considering that in all the mmos I have played I could level up crafting by myself and with alts if I wanted to.

The main difference in BDO seems to be that the crafting system looks more interesting and deeper than most other mmos and has something of a strategic element to it. It also has a variety of activities that give life and meaning to the world around you like horse breeding, farming, trading, and a deep and important npc reputation system.

This idea that the game sucks because it is "solo-centric" could be applied to virtually all mmos, and certainly all mmos I have played. WoW and GW2 for example are quite solo friendly, but they are both great and fun mmos to play- moreso when you find a good group/guild/friends to play with, but the solo friendly aspect of these games does not make them somehow fail as mmos, if anything it broadens and enhances the gaming experience.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3q94bh/5_classes_in_alpha/

Interesting class selection for EU/NA alpha... almost makes me wonder if they unlocked wizard by mistake instead of tamer lol. Tho does give hope all classes up to at least wizard will be playable for launch.

Seems like they will be allowing player trading.
    http://i.imgur.com/CwL7tlg.jpg
  • freethunderzfreethunderz Member UncommonPosts: 3
    hi for those of you that have played the game I have a question  can I get out of crosshair camera mode and can I use the arrow keys to move my character?
  • MandalaTribeMandalaTribe Member UncommonPosts: 8
    yeah black desert is the only mmo to come out this year definately playing
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I agree that this game will go the same way as AA.

It is designed to be played like a job.

That is fine in Korea, not so much in the West.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Ultimately any serious mmo player will probably buy it and play it.

We can all make our own minds up with what they do for the western release if it's one of the best or one of the worst.
  • freethunderzfreethunderz Member UncommonPosts: 3
    ikcin said:

You can change the camera modes and you can use arrow keys to move, as wads, and mouse too. This multiplied movement control is a pain in the ass often, as your character moves even if you want something else. The automated run is another stupid thing, because your character often stuck in rocks or houses for example. In RU there is some falling damage. In KR all is safe, so the climbing is pointless. The distant views look painted even on highest settings. In fact the game looks better on YouTube, than when you play it. For the switch between mouse pointer and keyboard movement control use ctrl key. Another bad decision I think. Anyway the movement and camera controls are well made. If you want to play such a game with first person camera, I think it will be very stupid, as your opponents can attack your back, and you will see nothing. This is not a FPS, but hand to hand combat game, even if you play with ranger.

I don't want to play like fps but like GW2 I got used to it and I prefer to use arrow keys to move charecter  only one of my arms is functioning.  

ty for reply
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    Scambug said:

dont be too hyped kids and better watch this if you cant test game by yourself atm 

What makes meme laugh about this is it's another western review. Fact is it's an Asian mmo that was made for an Asian market. If it never releases in the West meaning US then who cares. The devs has a vast mmo player base in Asia and Russian to pull. They really don't need NA or Europe for that matter.
    From a gameplay perspective, BD is a clone of AA. Same mechanics, same features, same shortcomings, same cash shop intensity, same PvP exclusive end game with massive power gap between whales and the rest.
    Oh you are so wrong, please do research before you make a post with nonsense.

Archeage is the biggest Triplle A pay to win mmo ever released in the west.

We owned a castle on Dahuta when Auroria  was released with our guild "FUtilez" and after those events the pvp died.
    Once in a blue moon you get  castle siege if the other guilds dared to attack you or you could buy your own scroll to avoid pvp completely.

In BDO you declare war versus a guild, you can have multiple guilds declaring war versus your guild, you can have a whole server declaring war against your guild and you cant leave a safe zone or level your alts as you are flagged for pvp.

Want to go grind mobs for black stones ? to bad these spots are camped, want to level an alt ? to bad those spots are camped to or soon to be if you or your guild shows up or you want to grind mobs.

Politics matter alot, in Archeage not so much as you can just swipe your way to better gear.
    In BDO you need to grind and get out there, there is no way around it.

Imagen Hasla with no factions just guilds fighting for the best spots, it will provoke drama and war declerations from other guilds who see you kill steal mobs.
    Or you decleare war versus other guilds and wipe them off the map if you have a decent guild.

Its the same as Eve Online, this system adds so much more depth to the game and provokes pvp for boss spawns / sieges / node claiming / taxes on AH / Grinding spots / etc etc etc.

The only unknown issue with BDO is what kind of cashshop do we get in our version, we are the only region with a buy to play client, so it seems that there wont be any shit in there that makes it pay to win.

It is nothing like Archeage as Archeage made it clear you need to invest some serious cash into your characters gear or solo your way slowly to a decent gearscore if you are lucky enough not to break your gear in the proces.

BDO is a totaly diffrent mmo compared to Archeage sir :)
  • ankhfnkhonsuankhfnkhonsu Member UncommonPosts: 93
    ikcin said:

You can change the camera modes and you can use arrow keys to move, as wads, and mouse too. This multiplied movement control is a pain in the ass often, as your character moves even if you want something else. The automated run is another stupid thing, because your character often stuck in rocks or houses for example. In RU there is some falling damage. In KR all is safe, so the climbing is pointless. The distant views look painted even on highest settings. In fact the game looks better on YouTube, than when you play it. For the switch between mouse pointer and keyboard movement control use ctrl key. Another bad decision I think. Anyway the movement and camera controls are well made. If you want to play such a game with first person camera, I think it will be very stupid, as your opponents can attack your back, and you will see nothing. This is not a FPS, but hand to hand combat game, even if you play with ranger.

Lol you can't even answer a simple question without insulting the game. In KR you do take fall damage, what are you even talking about? The climbing is not worthless.. it is used for quests, it is used to hide towers in node wars and siege, it is used to discover nodes etc. You are an inexperienced player that has huge opinions about the game.

Sigh.
    ikcin said:

OK, fanboy, you can jump from the highest tower and you will stay alive. The climbing is pointless as competitive feature, as everyone can do it safe and sound, it is not different from the walking. What makes the climbing funny, usable and immersive is the challenge and the danger. If your grandma can go to Everest for the afternoon tea, who will care? Excuse me for the wrong choice of words, climbing is not literally useless, it is ruined by the publisher.

Its the same in Tera. Now an mmo based on competitive climbing could fill some niche I suppose, but its not something I am particularly interested in, and I'm kind of glad I won't die whenever I make a digital mistep.

At any rate, Ank's post was pointing out that you continually post negative crap about the game and put a negative spin on everything, you can't even answer a simple question without piling on the hate. Apparently now its the end of the world and the publishers have ruined everything because players don't die from fall damage.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Mothanos said:
    Scambug said:

dont be too hyped kids and better watch this if you cant test game by yourself atm 

We owned a castle on Dahuta when Auroria  was released with our guild "FUtilez" and after those events the pvp died.
    Once in a blue moon you get  castle siege if the other guilds dared to attack you or you could buy your own scroll to avoid pvp completely.

In BDO you declare war versus a guild, you can have multiple guilds declaring war versus your guild, you can have a whole server declaring war against your guild and you cant leave a safe zone or level your alts as you are flagged for pvp.

Want to go grind mobs for black stones ? to bad these spots are camped, want to level an alt ? to bad those spots are camped to or soon to be if you or your guild shows up or you want to grind mobs.

Politics matter alot, in Archeage not so much as you can just swipe your way to better gear.

Imagen Hasla with no factions just guilds fighting for the best spots, it will provoke drama and war declerations from other guilds who see you kill steal mobs.
    Or you decleare war versus other guilds and wipe them off the map if you have a decent guild.

Its the same as Eve Online, this system adds so much more depth to the game and provokes pvp for boss spawns / sieges / node claiming / taxes on AH / Grinding spots / etc etc etc.

The only unknown issue with BDO is what kind of cashshop do we get in our version, we are the only region with a buy to play client, so it seems that there wont be any shit in there that makes it pay to win.

It is nothing like Archeage as Archeage made it clear you need to invest some serious cash into your characters gear or solo your way slowly to a decent gearscore if you are lucky enough not to break your gear in the proces.

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are wrong. I spent 500 dollars in BDO and with it i was able to get a +17 weapon and full gold +17 armor totalling at 250 defence and 130 damage. People could full combo me on any class with normal gear and they would just scratch me.

The game is as pay to win as Archeage.
    Mothanos said:
    Scambug said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are wrong. I spent 500 dollars in BDO and with it i was able to get a +17 weapon and full gold +17 armor totalling at 250 defence and 130 damage. People could full combo me on any class with normal gear and they would just scratch me.

We still don't know what the cash shop is going to be like in NA.  One would assume (and hope) it would have less of an impact since you have to pay for the game.

ikcin said:
    Well the climbing is only one example, very small one. In Tera /another game killed by the publisher/ and here it is an example how a greedy company makes the game easier and pointless, to milk the bad players, who cannot control their characters, and the addicted nolifers, who do not know what their fingers do after 24 hours in front of the screen. And I see no hate, but critical opinion. I'm honest to me and to the other players.  
    TERA isn't easy, at least at endgame.  At least as a sorcerer where you literally get one-shot by any boss ability and people totally wreck you in pvp if you make one mistake.  Definitely the hardest endgame I've played in an MMO.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

wait what? you spent $500 on BDO? wow
    I have spent around 9k usd in Archeage thats nothing

Mothanos said:
    Scambug said:

We still don't know what the cash shop is going to be like in NA.  One would assume (and hope) it would have less of an impact since you have to pay for the game.
    It doesnt matter what is in the cash shop as long as you are able to take what ever is being sold in it and sell it in the auction house. Thats how you pay to win in BDO. What i basically did was buy a lot of cats and dog pets and sell them for milllions each. Bam fully decked.

It doesnt matter what is in the cash shop as long as you are able to take what ever is being sold in it and sell it in the auction house. Thats how you pay to win in BDO. What i basically did was buy a lot of cats and dog pets and sell them for milllions each. Bam fully decked.
    Hmmm, but you said you spent $9,000 on AA and $500 on BDO, quite a difference there.

That said, your post highlights the difficulty any mmo built with extremely vertical power scaling faces. The same could be said for Tera, Neverwinter and others, but I don't consider those games as "p2w" as AA.
    YashaX said:

Hmmm, but you said you spent $9,000 on AA and $500 on BDO, quite a difference there.

That said, your post highlights the difficulty any mmo built with extremely vertical power scaling faces. The same could be said for Tera, Neverwinter and others, but I don't consider those games as "p2w" as AA.
    Well you could spend 9k usd in BDO too, the thing is that there is a 500 dollars per month limit on the game so mathematically it was impossible LOL.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    wait what? you spent $500 on BDO? wow
    $500 is nothing. I've played many F2P MMOs and there's always several people in them, no matter how bad the MMO, that spend like, $10k+