Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Descent: Underground Giveaway! -

Comments

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Can't wait to see this in action. I'm excited for it because I was a fan of the original 3 games and had no idea another one was in the works. They were always a nice break from the traditional ground-based FPS games of the time, and it's still a rare breed today. I hope it does well so we continue to see more!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Descent was a game of my childhood. I love the game, this would be great to get and relive it.
  • lostrisinteflostrisintef Member UncommonPosts: 4
    i played the original game as well, was one of my favorite games of the time. I have my doubts it has a place in todays landscape but i would love the chance to try it.
  • rokaregerokarege Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I can clearly remember the trailer for Descent 3: "Now there's light at the end of the tunnel." Now it's time to go under again.
  • Vanel86Vanel86 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Descent was one of the games i grew up with(I think I still have my Creative demo disk with the shareware version and the S3 accellerated version somewhere) and I sincerely hope this game bring some of the old games mojo back
  • MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    the first time I experienced motion sickness was with Descent, I want my kids to know that glory.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• CerthasCerthas Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Loved the early games. Looking forward to this.
  • BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 245
    The original is a classic that really pushed gaming forward, I dying to see how they remake it.
  • FeonixoFeonixo Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Descent... I was about 14... floating in mine shafts planning my next move, the atmosphere of the game would kick in.. and around a corner into a patrol of robots I would stumble! The gauntlets you had to face were really challenging, and you had to learn how to fly and use your weapons pretty quickly. I loved the layout of the maps, sometimes you would start flying through a chamber that opened directly above you, and after a while lose your bearings (well I would anyway :P) And what could be more satisfying than destroying the core, and making it out of the mine before it exploded... just that was a challenge in itself! Many fond memories, great original game, the new one can only be good :)
  • ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Because Descent! And Wingman!

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• seannewboyseannewboy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Its fun flying around shooting stuff, well actually i just like shooting stuff up from vehicles. world of warships, crossout, STO, i love it.
  • herunotenchiherunotenchi Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Return of classic space shooter game
  • digiosodigioso Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Descent is an old-school classic and I'm looking forward for the next title of the series.

-------------------------------
    Leg dich nie mit einem BAOD an, oder du bist selber dran.

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    The 6 degrees of freedom back when I played the original just blew me away and I'm really happy the Descent into history was made to bring this title back to life.
  • Str8HellStr8Hell Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I just love playing space / scifi games .... Been playing thoes since i was a kid... Another space game... YES PLZ!
  • rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Because it's Descent. I mean for me it's a childhood game reborn. I watched videos and was amazed how it reminded me of the originals. I don't back Kickstarters but I would have this for sure.
  • odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Growing up in the days of Doom, Tomb Raider and Ultima, Descent left a unique impression on me. While it wasn't my favorite game nor did I beat it, I felt as though it was an untapped genere with great team multiplayer potential. I don't think it grew that big in the multiplayer scene for it to happen, but who knows maybe in todays landscape it has a team multiplayer place. But to answer the question at hand, I'm really curious about the new one, since it seems a lot faster then the original (which is one reason I don't think I gravitated towards it).
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    edited October 2015
    Descent was my childhood. Played all the original three. Certainly wouldn't mind seeing how the reboot turns out.

Became a little nostalgic a while back and even re-arranged a track from the third game. Shows how much I miss the series.
  • potterjhrpotterjhr Member UncommonPosts: 1
    because i work in the development of a game like this for many years, and i love it so much, really need to see this game
  • Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Wow, I remember how much I loved the original. Many people I know got motion sick from it, but I loved that thing... I remember having to change the settings every time I got to sit down at the lan parties because I preferred keyboard to joystick and everyone had the joystick set up... I remember the first time I finished the campaign... Can't wait for this...

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    I have followed Descent and Eric Peterson's work for most of my life and though I was saddened when Eric Peterson left RSI, I was ecstatic to learn he was working on Descent:Underground!

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• SaviorsHandSaviorsHand Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I'm not even posting for the giveaway, I'm just posting because I didn't know this was a thing. To hear a new Descent is just fantastic. It's one of the few PC games I got to play when I was younger and it taught me how to properly handle hand-eye coordination in a game. I spent more time flying around than killing. It's not the optimal game for it, but it just made me so happy to be flying through this dungeon like atmosphere trying not to get caught. It helped me to enjoy Wing Commander down the road when I got my own PC. Hopefully whoever gets the giveaway appreciates it and builds their own memories.
  • MystralzMystralz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I remember first playing decent back when circuit city was still around and internet really became mainstream and people were using dial up modems. For nostalgia reasons I would very much enjoy to play a current gen version.
  • WraithclawsWraithclaws Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I remember Descent, old Dos game and I want to know more
  • kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    My hypethrusters have certainly engaged. Hopefully I can thrust into descent also :) Good times.

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

This discussion has been closed.