Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria | Equipment & Inventory | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 32,192
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageChronicles of Elyria | Equipment & Inventory | MMORPG

With three layers of armor, WYSIWYG looting, equipment that effects your survival, and an innovative new inventory system, find out how Chronicles of Elyria continues to defy the status quo, to create the most immersive and challenging MMO to date.

Read the full story here


¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

«13

Comments

  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Looks awesome!
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

    Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,064
    They are hitting all the right notes so far.
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member RarePosts: 3,224
    DMKano said:
    They are hitting all the right notes so far.
    Yes indeed.

    Once upon a time....

  • FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Was told they had to cut some stuff for the article. I think there going to put the full thing on there website.
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member RarePosts: 3,224
    I love the whole concept. But one thing that's particularly important is the idea of: "But beyond that, limited inventory again creates not only opportunities for dramatic storytelling, but also dedicated Gatherers. It costs money to effectively tow the day's haul from the mines back to town. By requiring people to invest in pack animals, carts, wagons, and other means of transportation, it forces them to decide whether it's worth the investment, or whether it's better just to pay someone to do it for you. " This is great stuff. Players will a business and economic sense will be able to play economic game play. Guilds centered around specific enterprises, such as resource caravans from mines (or dungeons) to cities, will have a place and earn some income while saving players from the expense. Caravans, shipping (if it's in at release or later), will be a big thing. So too will any construction type things like bridges, or ferries. Even protected warehouses along the travel paths. Whatever can't be in at release, there's that much room for growth to this game.

    Once upon a time....

  • SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros Member EpicPosts: 2,924
    The anticipation of getting to play this game is killing me!
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 363
    The anticipation of getting to play this game is killing me!
    Same friend, same.
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

    Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Looks great! Now. As there is a right and left, does that mean there will be drops, rewards, etc. of right hand glove, for example? Will we be able to use Leather Right Hand Glove and Chain Mail Left Hand Glove? I know, It sounds silly but...Just curious.
  • FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    carotid said:
    Looks great! Now. As there is a right and left, does that mean there will be drops, rewards, etc. of right hand glove, for example? Will we be able to use Leather Right Hand Glove and Chain Mail Left Hand Glove? I know, It sounds silly but...Just curious.
    You could have hidden pockets on one glove and not the other, stuff like that.
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member RarePosts: 3,224
    Falendor said:
    carotid said:
    Looks great! Now. As there is a right and left, does that mean there will be drops, rewards, etc. of right hand glove, for example? Will we be able to use Leather Right Hand Glove and Chain Mail Left Hand Glove? I know, It sounds silly but...Just curious.
    You could have hidden pockets on one glove and not the other, stuff like that.
    It looks like you'll be able to wear whatever you choose on either side.
    So you could have plate armor on one hand and leather with a wrist mounted crossbow on the other.

    I wonder if that's the case, or if both hands are actually one slot?

    I'd much prefer to have it open for the player's choice, but I could understand if that's not in the cards.

    Once upon a time....

  • StranaStrana Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Zultra said:
    The anticipation of getting to play this game is killing me!
    Same friend, same.
    As far as I know, they are trying to get 20k community followers before they try a crowdfunding campaign. So if your interested, go join the official website community.
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Strana said:
    Zultra said:
    The anticipation of getting to play this game is killing me!
    Same friend, same.
    As far as I know, they are trying to get 20k community followers before they try a crowdfunding campaign. So if your interested, go join the official website community.
    Already am :)
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

    Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member RarePosts: 3,224
    Zultra said:
    Strana said:
    Zultra said:
    The anticipation of getting to play this game is killing me!
    Same friend, same.
    As far as I know, they are trying to get 20k community followers before they try a crowdfunding campaign. So if your interested, go join the official website community.
    Already am :)
    I just signed up. I've been meaning to over the last week but this was a good time to do it.

    Once upon a time....

  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    When.. You are showing awesome food to hungry people. It's nice, all the menu happens to be their favorite. But if you're not planning to serve them for another 5 years it's just plain torture :|
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Zultra said:
    Strana said:
    Zultra said:
    The anticipation of getting to play this game is killing me!
    Same friend, same.
    As far as I know, they are trying to get 20k community followers before they try a crowdfunding campaign. So if your interested, go join the official website community.
    Already am :)
    I just signed up. I've been meaning to over the last week but this was a good time to do it.
    You want to use my friend code? B4ACB3
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

    Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 363
    When.. You are showing awesome food to hungry people. It's nice, all the menu happens to be their favorite. But if you're not planning to serve them for another 5 years it's just plain torture :|
    Trust me it will be much less then 5 years :)
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

    Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 15,786
    edited October 2015
    Well they simply got what they have told us correctly done and i am very pleased. The only problem or query is what they did not tell us.

    Example i was hoping to hear more on the types of weapons and types of gear and how they impact each otehr.Exmple a dagger wouldn't be much good versus plate armor.Also a dagger in theory wouldn't be much good versus anything,however it could be used to cause a dot bleed effect where as a sword would be better suited to cause limg or dexterity changes if struck.

    That is another area that i always wonder about and if any developer will take it to the depths needed.Example if you take repeated damage to your right arm,that accuracy and or defense should start to falter.There really should be factors affecting all aspects of agility,mobility/running/avoidance/dexterity etc etc.

    Also not mentioned were stats based on the weather,all they really touched on was movement ideas.What if it is sunny how,a fire spell should be more effective and vise versa if it is cold or raining out.Thunder and lightning weather could really influence Thunder spells.

    Also i would expect Blunt weapons to cause more damage in the cold than sharp pointy weapons.

    Another area not mentioned is the loot that is not seen.Example we likely won't see rings or currency so how does currency drop?Also if fighting say a npc that is decked out,he likely also is quite rich when compared to some peasant looking npc.

    One more idea and it is one i WISH was in the game based on their subject of gathering.In Silkroad they had an amazing mechanic where by when transporting your wares there was a rng % to be attacked by a group of NPC thieves and the amount could vary.SO you might be traveling alone with your pack pony only to be attacked by 3 thieves and how well they are armed is variable of course.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Wizardry said:
    Well they simply got what they have told us correctly done and i am very pleased. The only problem or query is what they did not tell us.

    Example i was hoping to hear more on the types of weapons and types of gear and how they impact each otehr.Exmple a dagger wouldn't be much good versus plate armor.Also a dagger in theory wouldn't be much good versus anything,however it could be used to cause a dot bleed effect where as a sword would be better suited to cause limg or dexterity changes if struck.

    That is another area that i always wonder about and if any developer will take it to the depths needed.Example if you take repeated damage to your right arm,that accuracy and or defense should start to falter.There really should be factors affecting all aspects of agility,mobility/running/avoidance/dexterity etc etc.

    Also not mentioned were stats based on the weather,all they really touched on was movement ideas.What if it is sunny how,a fire spell should be more effective and vise versa if it is cold or raining out.Thunder and lightning weather could really influence Thunder spells.

    Also i would expect Blunt weapons to cause more damage in the cold than sharp pointy weapons.

    Another area not mentioned is the loot that is not seen.Example we likely won't see rings or currency so how does currency drop?Also if fighting say a npc that is decked out,he likely also is quite rich when compared to some peasant looking npc.

    One more idea and it is one i WISH was in the game based on their subject of gathering.In Silkroad they had an amazing mechanic where by when transporting your wares there was a rng % to be attacked by a group of NPC thieves and the amount could vary.SO you might be traveling alone with your pack pony only to be attacked by 3 thieves and how well they are armed is variable of course.

    Weapon types will be in the Combat DJ I would imagine. Looting currency would be in the form of looking in pockets, coin purses etc..
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

    Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Coming on nicely
  • RhaegysRhaegys Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Falendor said:
    carotid said:
    Looks great! Now. As there is a right and left, does that mean there will be drops, rewards, etc. of right hand glove, for example? Will we be able to use Leather Right Hand Glove and Chain Mail Left Hand Glove? I know, It sounds silly but...Just curious.
    You could have hidden pockets on one glove and not the other, stuff like that.
    It looks like you'll be able to wear whatever you choose on either side.
    So you could have plate armor on one hand and leather with a wrist mounted crossbow on the other.

    I wonder if that's the case, or if both hands are actually one slot?

    I'd much prefer to have it open for the player's choice, but I could understand if that's not in the cards.
    Each hand is a different slot. so for example, you can wear a glove in the right hand and a gauntlet in the left one. It works the same for the feet.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,258
    edited October 2015
    Look I love the way this all sounds, but I absolutely despise when companies try to sell me the " unique" aspect of a game Asheron's Call- They pretty much did this like 16 yrs ago, so its hardly unique In order to customize characters to deal with different climates and occupations, CoE uses a unique layering system for equipment. Certain body parts have the ability to contain multiple different pieces of equipment simultaneously.
  • MensurMensur Member RarePosts: 792
    This game has loads of potential
  • whitefire123whitefire123 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited October 2015
    Wizardry said:
    Well they simply got what they have told us correctly done and i am very pleased. The only problem or query is what they did not tell us.

    Example i was hoping to hear more on the types of weapons and types of gear and how they impact each otehr.Exmple a dagger wouldn't be much good versus plate armor.Also a dagger in theory wouldn't be much good versus anything,however it could be used to cause a dot bleed effect where as a sword would be better suited to cause limg or dexterity changes if struck.

    That is another area that i always wonder about and if any developer will take it to the depths needed.Example if you take repeated damage to your right arm,that accuracy and or defense should start to falter.There really should be factors affecting all aspects of agility,mobility/running/avoidance/dexterity etc etc.

    Also not mentioned were stats based on the weather,all they really touched on was movement ideas.What if it is sunny how,a fire spell should be more effective and vise versa if it is cold or raining out.Thunder and lightning weather could really influence Thunder spells.

    Also i would expect Blunt weapons to cause more damage in the cold than sharp pointy weapons.

    Another area not mentioned is the loot that is not seen.Example we likely won't see rings or currency so how does currency drop?Also if fighting say a npc that is decked out,he likely also is quite rich when compared to some peasant looking npc.

    One more idea and it is one i WISH was in the game based on their subject of gathering.In Silkroad they had an amazing mechanic where by when transporting your wares there was a rng % to be attacked by a group of NPC thieves and the amount could vary.SO you might be traveling alone with your pack pony only to be attacked by 3 thieves and how well they are armed is variable of course.

    They have hinted at that you could be attack when transporting things depending on where your at and how well patrolled the path is.
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Now, if the game will just feel as fluently as WoW it might be game breaking, otherwise i fear its just gonna be another Vanguard ahead of its time graphics that ends up being a lagcluster
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 605
    edited October 2015
    These types of features is what will push the genre forward, but this will not appeal to the mass market. If they can pull off these features and everything works and the game is super polished, great animations etc, this could be groundbreaking. I just hope it is actually fun and doesn't feel like a constant chore to get things done.
Sign In or Register to comment.