Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria | Equipment & Inventory | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageChronicles of Elyria | Equipment & Inventory | MMORPG

With three layers of armor, WYSIWYG looting, equipment that effects your survival, and an innovative new inventory system, find out how Chronicles of Elyria continues to defy the status quo, to create the most immersive and challenging MMO to date.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Looks awesome!
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    DMKano said:
    They are hitting all the right notes so far.
    Yes indeed.

Once upon a time....

• FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Was told they had to cut some stuff for the article. I think there going to put the full thing on there website.
    I love the whole concept. But one thing that's particularly important is the idea of: "But beyond that, limited inventory again creates not only opportunities for dramatic storytelling, but also dedicated Gatherers. It costs money to effectively tow the day's haul from the mines back to town. By requiring people to invest in pack animals, carts, wagons, and other means of transportation, it forces them to decide whether it's worth the investment, or whether it's better just to pay someone to do it for you. " This is great stuff. Players will a business and economic sense will be able to play economic game play. Guilds centered around specific enterprises, such as resource caravans from mines (or dungeons) to cities, will have a place and earn some income while saving players from the expense. Caravans, shipping (if it's in at release or later), will be a big thing. So too will any construction type things like bridges, or ferries. Even protected warehouses along the travel paths. Whatever can't be in at release, there's that much room for growth to this game.

Once upon a time....

The anticipation of getting to play this game is killing me!
    Same friend, same.
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Looks great! Now. As there is a right and left, does that mean there will be drops, rewards, etc. of right hand glove, for example? Will we be able to use Leather Right Hand Glove and Chain Mail Left Hand Glove? I know, It sounds silly but...Just curious.
  • FalendorFalendor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    carotid said:
    Looks great! Now. As there is a right and left, does that mean there will be drops, rewards, etc. of right hand glove, for example? Will we be able to use Leather Right Hand Glove and Chain Mail Left Hand Glove? I know, It sounds silly but...Just curious.
    You could have hidden pockets on one glove and not the other, stuff like that.
    Falendor said:
    carotid said:
    It looks like you'll be able to wear whatever you choose on either side.
    So you could have plate armor on one hand and leather with a wrist mounted crossbow on the other.

I wonder if that's the case, or if both hands are actually one slot?

I'd much prefer to have it open for the player's choice, but I could understand if that's not in the cards.

Once upon a time....

• StranaStrana Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Zultra said:
    Same friend, same.
    As far as I know, they are trying to get 20k community followers before they try a crowdfunding campaign. So if your interested, go join the official website community.
    Strana said:
    Zultra said:
    Same friend, same.
    As far as I know, they are trying to get 20k community followers before they try a crowdfunding campaign. So if your interested, go join the official website community.
    Already am :)

Zultra said:
    Strana said:
    Zultra said:
    Same friend, same.
    I just signed up. I've been meaning to over the last week but this was a good time to do it.

Once upon a time....

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    When.. You are showing awesome food to hungry people. It's nice, all the menu happens to be their favorite. But if you're not planning to serve them for another 5 years it's just plain torture :|
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
    Zultra said:
    Strana said:
    Zultra said:
    Same friend, same.
    I just signed up. I've been meaning to over the last week but this was a good time to do it.
    You want to use my friend code? B4ACB3

When.. You are showing awesome food to hungry people. It's nice, all the menu happens to be their favorite. But if you're not planning to serve them for another 5 years it's just plain torture :|
    Trust me it will be much less then 5 years :)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2015
    Well they simply got what they have told us correctly done and i am very pleased. The only problem or query is what they did not tell us.

Example i was hoping to hear more on the types of weapons and types of gear and how they impact each otehr.Exmple a dagger wouldn't be much good versus plate armor.Also a dagger in theory wouldn't be much good versus anything,however it could be used to cause a dot bleed effect where as a sword would be better suited to cause limg or dexterity changes if struck.

That is another area that i always wonder about and if any developer will take it to the depths needed.Example if you take repeated damage to your right arm,that accuracy and or defense should start to falter.There really should be factors affecting all aspects of agility,mobility/running/avoidance/dexterity etc etc.

Also not mentioned were stats based on the weather,all they really touched on was movement ideas.What if it is sunny how,a fire spell should be more effective and vise versa if it is cold or raining out.Thunder and lightning weather could really influence Thunder spells.

Also i would expect Blunt weapons to cause more damage in the cold than sharp pointy weapons.

Another area not mentioned is the loot that is not seen.Example we likely won't see rings or currency so how does currency drop?Also if fighting say a npc that is decked out,he likely also is quite rich when compared to some peasant looking npc.

One more idea and it is one i WISH was in the game based on their subject of gathering.In Silkroad they had an amazing mechanic where by when transporting your wares there was a rng % to be attacked by a group of NPC thieves and the amount could vary.SO you might be traveling alone with your pack pony only to be attacked by 3 thieves and how well they are armed is variable of course.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Well they simply got what they have told us correctly done and i am very pleased. The only problem or query is what they did not tell us.

Example i was hoping to hear more on the types of weapons and types of gear and how they impact each otehr.Exmple a dagger wouldn't be much good versus plate armor.Also a dagger in theory wouldn't be much good versus anything,however it could be used to cause a dot bleed effect where as a sword would be better suited to cause limg or dexterity changes if struck.

That is another area that i always wonder about and if any developer will take it to the depths needed.Example if you take repeated damage to your right arm,that accuracy and or defense should start to falter.There really should be factors affecting all aspects of agility,mobility/running/avoidance/dexterity etc etc.

Also not mentioned were stats based on the weather,all they really touched on was movement ideas.What if it is sunny how,a fire spell should be more effective and vise versa if it is cold or raining out.Thunder and lightning weather could really influence Thunder spells.

Also i would expect Blunt weapons to cause more damage in the cold than sharp pointy weapons.

Another area not mentioned is the loot that is not seen.Example we likely won't see rings or currency so how does currency drop?Also if fighting say a npc that is decked out,he likely also is quite rich when compared to some peasant looking npc.

One more idea and it is one i WISH was in the game based on their subject of gathering.In Silkroad they had an amazing mechanic where by when transporting your wares there was a rng % to be attacked by a group of NPC thieves and the amount could vary.SO you might be traveling alone with your pack pony only to be attacked by 3 thieves and how well they are armed is variable of course.

Weapon types will be in the Combat DJ I would imagine. Looting currency would be in the form of looking in pockets, coin purses etc..

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Coming on nicely
  • RhaegysRhaegys Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Falendor said:
    carotid said:
    So you could have plate armor on one hand and leather with a wrist mounted crossbow on the other.

I'd much prefer to have it open for the player's choice, but I could understand if that's not in the cards.
    Each hand is a different slot. so for example, you can wear a glove in the right hand and a gauntlet in the left one. It works the same for the feet.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited October 2015
    Look I love the way this all sounds, but I absolutely despise when companies try to sell me the " unique" aspect of a game Asheron's Call- They pretty much did this like 16 yrs ago, so its hardly unique In order to customize characters to deal with different climates and occupations, CoE uses a unique layering system for equipment. Certain body parts have the ability to contain multiple different pieces of equipment simultaneously.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    This game has loads of potential

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• whitefire123whitefire123 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited October 2015
    Wizardry said:

They have hinted at that you could be attack when transporting things depending on where your at and how well patrolled the path is.
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Now, if the game will just feel as fluently as WoW it might be game breaking, otherwise i fear its just gonna be another Vanguard ahead of its time graphics that ends up being a lagcluster
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    edited October 2015
    These types of features is what will push the genre forward, but this will not appeal to the mass market. If they can pull off these features and everything works and the game is super polished, great animations etc, this could be groundbreaking. I just hope it is actually fun and doesn't feel like a constant chore to get things done.
  • MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374

It's actually the other way around. Leather glove on one-hand and a gauntlet with crossbow on the other. Considering what it is, I couldn't imagine a leather glove a very stable surface for mounting a crossbow on it. :)
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • AlyssaImagineAlyssaImagine Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Wizardry said:

They are slowly getting info out there. I'm sure weather will be explained at a later date. I know Combat will be explained later. Magic will be very rare, though. :)
    Sign up for Ashes of Creation: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/HanaSyde/