Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar vs Echo of Soul vs SkyForge

mohit9206mohit9206 Member UncommonPosts: 56
I am looking to get into a new F2P MMORPG and want to start either of these three.If any of you have any experience in playing either of these please do suggest the best one among these.I am looking for simple straightforward MMO with decent solo questing and fun group dungeons.I am not interested in PvP,crafting,housing,etc.I just want decent PvE and fun group dungeons.Thanks.

Comments

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I vote for Wildstar. If you like how it looks and the combat system is your best choice. PvE is challenging so maybe not much fun if you get stuck in a dungeon with a PUG, because people tend to jump out after a few wipes. You have to be a in guild to enjoy the PvE at endgame but I guess you already knew that. Boss fights are smart and fun with a nice guild. 

I didn't like Skyforge. There's no trinity the way that it would really matter, maybe that changes in higher dungeons but I never reached the end. The way you have to grind same instances over and over to open new instances made me reluctant to play early in the game. But I guess people with more experience might have a better insight about that. 

Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • MurmelixMurmelix Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Gaming.Rocks +1
  • damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I don't know how Wildstar was before the reload, so I can only speak to what I am experiencing now. I am having a blast. I was actually losing hope for the mmo genre and hadn't played anything very steadily in months. The solo questing is fantastic, combat is fast and group game is really fun. Although I am a monthly subscriber (I always subscribe to games I like to support the devs) I can tell you that the free to play experience is very non restrictive. I cannot think of anything a p2p player gets over a ftp player other than just speeding up leveling and currency boosts. The only con the game has (it's a pretty big one at the moment) is lag. If you decide to play, make sure to stay on the overflow server they put you in, dont make the mistake I did and transfer back to the main servers. The new servers they created to take the load off the original servers work great, however, the original servers are almost unplayable in prime time due to lag. 
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    I would have to say Wildstar was well, it is the most polished and feature rich mmo of the ones you listed. Skyforge is okay, but it is just an endless "do-the-same-thing" over and over grind. Echo of Soul is a generic asian mmo, that was shut down in it's country of origin already, if that gives you any sense of how good it is.
  • RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    edited October 2015
    I'd vote for Wildstar too. EoS is your typical asian MMO. If you've played any of them you've played EoS too. That's all that there is to it, really. And Skyforge while having great aethsetics and being a nice looking game i found it(as many others) to be extremely repetitive and grindy. WS seems to have the better diversity of the 3 in terms of questing and dungeoning! (is that even a word?:P)
  • BeerGnomeBeerGnome Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I have not played EoS so cannot comment on that.  Skyforge was fun for me for the first month or so and then it got boring playing the same instances over and over to make small advances.  The combat is fun and the classes are unique and entertaining, but it just lost the fun factor by doing the same thing over and over.  Since then, I have started up Wildstar.  Enjoying it.  The dungeons are really what is keeping me very entertained there.  The solo content is ok, but I think it shines best in the group content.  Now, whether it keeps my attention longer is a question that yet needs to be answered. :)
  • mohit9206mohit9206 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.Also i just came to know that Guild Wars 2 is also gone free2play.So between WildStar and Guild Wars 2 which is the better PvE game if i want to play for free and not spend money in cash shop.
  • damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    mohit9206 said:
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.Also i just came to know that Guild Wars 2 is also gone free2play.So between WildStar and Guild Wars 2 which is the better PvE game if i want to play for free and not spend money in cash shop.
    Wildstar all the way.
  • Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    I didn't like Skyforge. There's no trinity the way that it would really matter, maybe that changes in higher dungeons but I never reached the end. The way you have to grind same instances over and over to open new instances made me reluctant to play early in the game. But I guess people with more experience might have a better insight about that. 
    There is most definitely a trinity, but it isn't the traditional one.
    Instead of tank/dps/healer you have tank/dps/support. The big difference is that support classes shield instead of heal. This means you have to plan for it better. There is no reactive healing, everything has to be proactive shielding. So instead of waiting for the big hit and then healing the tank, you need to anticipate the big hit and pop a shield on the tank before it lands.

Anyone who tried to say there is no trinity didn't play for more than an hour or two... At 3k prestige(a couple of hours) you open up your first dungeon, Mare Sacro Monastery. I would love to see that person and his friends try to 5-man it with all DPS, or even with 4 DPS and 1 Tank? 3 DPS and 2 Tanks? Not happening. You need to have your trinity for that...

Once you get up to 10-man content you often wind up with 1-2 tanks, 3-4 support, and the rest DPS.

Skyforge allows for switching character class on-the-fly whenever you are not in combat and it is actually a pretty good game.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Instead of tank/dps/healer you have tank/dps/support. The big difference is that support classes shield instead of heal. This means you have to plan for it better. There is no reactive healing, everything has to be proactive shielding. So instead of waiting for the big hit and then healing the tank, you need to anticipate the big hit and pop a shield on the tank before it lands.

Anyone who tried to say there is no trinity didn't play for more than an hour or two... At 3k prestige(a couple of hours) you open up your first dungeon, Mare Sacro Monastery. I would love to see that person and his friends try to 5-man it with all DPS, or even with 4 DPS and 1 Tank? 3 DPS and 2 Tanks? Not happening. You need to have your trinity for that...

Once you get up to 10-man content you often wind up with 1-2 tanks, 3-4 support, and the rest DPS.

Skyforge allows for switching character class on-the-fly whenever you are not in combat and it is actually a pretty good game.
    At 31.5K Prestige, you get the chance to unlock a mode which allows you to switch mid combat
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531

You're right my mistake. I meant trinity in a traditional way. 
    I have played that dungeon. The game wasn't really punishing though when tank lost aggro and support was only spamming. Probably different in higher tiers which I never played and I take your word for it. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon.