Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games have abandoned the level grind?

2»

Comments

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    syntax42 said:
    If you want to play games without progression don't play games that are designed for character progression.  If you buy a game that offers a levelling experience don't complain that you get what you paid for- many people love the levelling experience and don't try to rush past content they just paid for.
    That's not even close to what I was discussing in this thread.

I picked up Ark: Survival Evolved a couple weeks ago.  That game has progression, but it is less based on a grind for levels and more based on what the human player can learn about the game.  I didn't get very far into it, but I didn't see the character level making a major difference in the content I could access.

I suppose there may not be any MMOs that abandon the grind and deliver progression with a different style.  The MMO market has been stagnant for the past five years with every game developer being afraid to deviate from the "WoW standard".
    I was going to suggest that to you lol, i recommend joining a private server though, because the grind on the official servers are outrageous, and literally designed around people who have groups of 20 that play 15 hours a day.  Such as 12 hours to tame a dinosaur.......... Or literally 200 + hours to be able to actually make something useful like a gun.