Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I do not think there is one good mmorpg out for me right now. Or is there?

moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
Guild wars 2, way to easy, pvp is unbalanced, classes with useless skills, really I cannot get into a class that cannot use 15 percent of the class.

Wildstar, I loved it until I found out about how they want you to even spend more money on top of signature for runes via endgame. Maybe they will fix it.

The secret world, was not into  allot of the weapons, found the combat fairly boring in the end.

Skyforge to many negatives, I loved how deep it was and the combat system, but classes are to unbalanced along with many other annoyences.

Tera, I do not care for the graphic style of korean grinders or anime influenced games, not meaning cartoony style but anime.

I loved eq1 and 2 and city of heroes, and I just cannot get back into older mmorpgs.

I am looking for an mmorpg with meaningful content, that isnt an instant gratification get to end game in one week, I care about the journey, I love grouping and deep group mechanics where your class actually feels unique not where everyone can do cc and debuffs. I enjoy open world and instances, but mostly open world, I love deep leveling elements. Not into hard sci fi.

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Eh, you could try one of those older EQ/2 servers. I dont know much about them personally so you might want to do further research. Aion is alright? Maybe? lol, it did have the elements you were kind of looking for but I haven't played it in years. Everyone has their way of playing games and their own definition of what is meaningful content, so it'll be hard to give you the specific game you are looking for, but I tried my best. In my opinion, there honestly isn't many games that have meaningful content and most just try to streamline you to cap one way or the other. But again it could depend on how you choose to play games. Hope I was somewhat helpful.
    Robokapp said:
    World of Warcraft.

Just do it.
    His last paragraph goes against everything that WoW is now lol. Except the sci fi part...maybe.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    I'm loving the EQ2 TLE server, but you seem kind of negative and bitter.. so you probably would just tear that idea down.
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    edited October 2015
    moonbound said:
    Guild wars 2, way to easy, pvp is unbalanced, classes with useless skills, really I cannot get into a class that cannot use 15 percent of the class.

Wildstar, I loved it until I found out about how they want you to even spend more money on top of signature for runes via endgame. Maybe they will fix it.

The secret world, was not into  allot of the weapons, found the combat fairly boring in the end.

Skyforge to many negatives, I loved how deep it was and the combat system, but classes are to unbalanced along with many other annoyences.

Tera, I do not care for the graphic style of korean grinders or anime influenced games, not meaning cartoony style but anime.

I loved eq1 and 2 and city of heroes, and I just cannot get back into older mmorpgs.

I am looking for an mmorpg with meaningful content, that isnt an instant gratification get to end game in one week, I care about the journey, I love grouping and deep group mechanics where your class actually feels unique not where everyone can do cc and debuffs. I enjoy open world and instances, but mostly open world, I love deep leveling elements. Not into hard sci fi.
    FFXIV sounds the closest, although their isn't much open world and I personally find the combat to be awful.

ESO maybe, but the group mechanics aren't nearly as solid.

The real answer is staring you in the face, you "love" Wildstar, so suck it up and deal with the bit you don't like instead of chasing perfection you'll never find.
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    DMKano said:
    If you really are looking for a MMO - lots of them for you to try. If I were looking for something I'd be downloading lots of games and trying them out first hand.

But IMO OPS post sounds more like a venting MMOS suck post than genuine help me find one post 

Or maybe its because these are true flaws, and they really do kind of suck.
    ragz45 said:
    I'm loving the EQ2 TLE server, but you seem kind of negative and bitter.. so you probably would just tear that idea down.
    How does pointing out flaws make someone negative and bitter? Dude I mean this with all my heart, please grow some thicker skin, critics are everywhere because people use there minds and can see the flaws. I would never tear down classic eq2.
    And thank you everyone for the advice I may follow it.
    Draemos said:
    moonbound said:

FFXIV sounds the closest, although their isn't much open world and I personally find the combat to be awful.

ESO maybe, but the group mechanics aren't nearly as solid.

The real answer is staring you in the face, you "love" Wildstar, so suck it up and deal with the bit you don't like instead of chasing perfection you'll never find.
    Excuse me? I am not paying more money on top of signature status just to get the gear I need, if I want to spend more it will be for extras not something that should already be in the game.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    DMKano said:
    If you really are looking for a MMO - lots of them for you to try. If I were looking for something I'd be downloading lots of games and trying them out first hand.

But IMO OPS post sounds more like a venting MMOS suck post than genuine help me find one post 

Dose not sound like that to me and I'm quite harsh on these forums. Just sounds like he is looking for a good mmo which seems to be players main gribe these days.

I think he should go back to the EQ2 Tl servers to bring back that old spark.

DMKano said:

Dose not sound like that to me and I'm quite harsh on these forums. Just sounds like he is looking for a good mmo which seems to be players main gribe these days.

I think he should go back to the EQ2 Tl servers to bring back that old spark.
    Maybe you are right friend, I think ill try it out and see if I can get back into it.
  • klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Do you need an active staion/daybreak whatverthehellitscallednow pass to play on the EQ2 time locked servers?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    When I went to check it out it said you had to have station pass to play on the time locked server (for EQ2 that is).....That was about a month ago id guess it still applies.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's hard to find a game you can really enjoy.  Most games are a balancing act between positives and negatives with the positives slightly winning over the negatives.  But all that can change in an instant with an update, major changes when reaching a certain level, or just burning out on a game.  Much luck on your quest.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Lineage 2

Step your game up. B)
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited October 2015
    moonbound said:
    ragz45 said:
    How does pointing out flaws make someone negative and bitter? Dude I mean this with all my heart, please grow some thicker skin, critics are everywhere because people use there minds and can see the flaws. I would never tear down classic eq2.
    I think the point is they all have flaws, on top of that most of what you're describing is more about how people play, IE deep grouping dynamics. This begins with the player base, which in many games most just stick to guilds or rl friends for their social dynamics in game.

I'm always grouped as I mostly play with my wife or our old roommate who recently moved. we join random groups outside dungeons all the time, 90% of the time those players leave after said encounter. Even though staying together would net faster xp, and easier runs on the next encounter. That's just the way people play now.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:
    moonbound said:
    ragz45 said:
    I think the point is they all have flaws, on top of that most of what you're describing is more about how people play, IE deep grouping dynamics. This begins with the player base, which in many games most just stick to guilds or rl friends for their social dynamics in game.

I'm always grouped as I mostly play with my wife or our old roommate who recently moved. we join random groups outside dungeons all the time, 90% of the time those players leave after said encounter. Even though staying together would net faster xp, and easier runs on the next encounter. That's just the way people play now.
    I like this comment cause its really true when people think about it and it does come down to what you absolutely have to have, which made me settle on AA recently until FFXIV's 3.1 goes live. At its core, AA has a lot of things that I'm used to plus so other interesting things. Also getting into a pretty solid guild on Morpheus made the game more fun since there's a lot of helpful people that I've ran into, on the Eastern faction at lease. So the best thing you can do, OP, is analyze things about a game and decide on what you have to have, then at least give it a go for a few weeks to see if you can tolerate it in the long run or not, since most of the time, many of us overthink stuff in a new game until we get more established in it.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Lotro will give you a ton of playing time if you have never played it before.
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    have you checked out Darkfall?

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    moonbound said:

Go and play a game called warframe, it's not an MMORPG but it's kind of a pallette cleanser and it's a very fun game.

I loved it when I took a break and nothing on the market did it for me.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited October 2015
    moonbound said:
    DMKano said:

Or maybe its because these are true flaws, and they really do kind of suck.
    Basically since you mentioned, that wildstar is p2w you hurt DMKano feelings. It works like that. 

The only game that i can think of that fits your description is Ulitma Online, if you can get over the graphics. 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    moonbound said:
    ragz45 said:

You know what you are saying about flaws can be true and can be negative at the same time. 

Does obsessing over these flaws in game something you are getting enjoyment  out of?  If not, just go find something that you will enjoy.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Recore said:
    Lineage 2

Step your game up. B)
    I've been thinking about taking this for a spin.  Is it too late to have an enjoyable start to the game?  I'm guessing the lower-level zones might be vacant lots.  I don't mind a little grinding, and I don't mind PvP, but the game is a little grey around the temples (released 2003), so...

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Older graphics are not a barrier to enter for me. But click to move can become troublesome.  It really gets my carpel tunnel going after a while in games like Diablo.
  • VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
    returnofreckoning.com/