Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game needs ESO's control scheme.

13»

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Well gW2 is getting combat camera like eso/tera in just one week. So hurray! =]
  • maendrosmaendros Member UncommonPosts: 26
    what do u mean new combat camera?
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Kyleran said:
    Nicco77 said:
    GW2,ESO,TSW have the worst combat system in the recent mmorpg history,they are clunky,shallow and repetitive.
    Wait, these titles are "action" combat oriented, with fewer skills on your bar so you can be more "strategic" in your builds.   ;)

I agree, one reason I didn't care for all 3 of these was the "foreign" UI/control scheme, and the action combat.

One of the reasons why i am enjoying EQ2 and WOW a lot more. I like skills and lot of them.
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    maendros said:
    what do u mean new combat camera?
    It's completely optional but you can have that stupid crosshair some of you are bitching around about :P
  • maendrosmaendros Member UncommonPosts: 26
    and this will be  implemented with the new expansion? Interesting..
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    most of us who liked action combat were playing guild wars 2 long ago with a action combat mod. It honestly made their skill system of telegraphs trivial as you could just circle strife a mob endlessly and miss every combat telegraph just about. I personally liked ESO's combat system better and its UI that and manual blocking. Bouncing all over the scream during even trash fights in guild wars 2 was stupid at best.
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    edited October 2015
  • FourplayFourplay Member UncommonPosts: 216
    edited October 2015
    maendros said:
    and this will be  implemented with the new expansion? Interesting..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn19s9UGEIo

Ok this is awesome and this dev just solved the major issue with ground AoE and controller as well imo. Could this mean native controller support is the next path taken? Seems like a logical next step towards using an action camera. I hope so..
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Bigdaddyx said:
    Kyleran said:
    Nicco77 said:
    GW2,ESO,TSW have the worst combat system in the recent mmorpg history,they are clunky,shallow and repetitive.
    Wait, these titles are "action" combat oriented, with fewer skills on your bar so you can be more "strategic" in your builds.   ;)

I agree, one reason I didn't care for all 3 of these was the "foreign" UI/control scheme, and the action combat.

One of the reasons why i am enjoying EQ2 and WOW a lot more. I like skills and lot of them.
    This shit has been handed down enough already!

EQ2/WoW has been around over 10yrs with Expac and more skills add over time. Of course they will have more options in terms of how much more Skills you can have on your skill bar.

DO YOU USE THEM ALL?

Fuck no!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    People talk about ESO, GW2 and the rest as the combat is "the best"...Please... The best combat in ANY mmo currently is held by Darkfall Unholy Wars... Darkfall Online was slightly better. That's what I call action based.. Not when some damn highlights turn up on the ground before things happen.. jeeeeez
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    People talk about ESO, GW2 and the rest as the combat is "the best"...Please... The best combat in ANY mmo currently is held by Darkfall Unholy Wars... Darkfall Online was slightly better. That's what I call action based.. Not when some damn highlights turn up on the ground before things happen.. jeeeeez
    Actually Tera is the best but darkfall is bad because of how fast everyone is moving.  Just wasn't my style at all with the movement speed boosts you could get.  I immediately left the game once I experienced it was awful. 
    Are you onto something or just on something?