Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Titans - Catching up with Missing Worlds Media on their Superhero MMORPG a Interviews at MMO

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageCity of Titans - Catching up with Missing Worlds Media on their Superhero MMORPG a Interviews at MMORPG.com

You may remember that City of Titans is one of several forthcoming spiritual successors to City of Heroes. It funded on Kickstarter last year for over $500,000, and while the Missing Worlds Media website is regularly updated, the team doesn’t have a PR group focusing on pushing out media blasts all the time. So, we thought it a good idea to catch up with MWM’s War Cabbit to see how things are going and get some more info about the game overall.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KelpPlanktonKelpPlankton Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I'm gonna crawl on all the walls
  • VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I want the travel power of spontaneous human combustion.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    hope they put the same teleportation that COH had....the Champions online teleportation sucks
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    I want the travel power of spontaneous human combustion.
    Well ok ... but you can only use it once. I truly hope this game works out they way they want it to be.

You get a real serious disad for useable only once. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Why would NCsoft try and close down a super hero game that was inspired by one of their games, when their own game isn't running and by all intent and purposes has no plans of ever coming back. If they were trying to bring it back or thought about it, sure, but there's no reason to. Unless they are scared some of their player base would jump ship to play this game. If they did try to intervene I would consider that somewhat of a douche move.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Just saying: 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313
    I hope they do it. They are definitely an underdog: volunteers doing the best that they can. I think the odds are against them, but I hope they can do it. My advice: Just try to get a core game that is like CoX. Don't get distracted by niche powers/abilities/graphics that you don't really need.
  • GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Skuall said:
    hope they put the same teleportation that COH had....the Champions online teleportation sucks
    We have differing degrees of opinion on that.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    whilan said:
    Why would NCsoft try and close down a super hero game that was inspired by one of their games, when their own game isn't running and by all intent and purposes has no plans of ever coming back. If they were trying to bring it back or thought about it, sure, but there's no reason to. Unless they are scared some of their player base would jump ship to play this game. If they did try to intervene I would consider that somewhat of a douche move.
    Yes it would be a douche move, but they don't care. If you're playing CoT then you're not playing one of their games. Despite how economists say competition is good, every company wants to crush any rival, real or perceived. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to shut down any CoH successors just to avoid looking like they made a mistake in closing the original.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    I don't mind if the graphics aren't on par with other MMOs. That's not super important to me. I want fun gameplay. I like instanced missions for my team and not have to worry about kill-thieves (I don't know why people hate instanced missions so much but to each their own). Just make it fun!
  • JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127
    edited October 2015

But everyone that was actively playing CoX at close pretty much told NCSoft they were a bunch of idiots for shutting down the IP.

If NCSoft doesn't want my money, I'll find someone who does.

I will say CoX Teleportation was a pain in the ass, though a very fast way to travel.

Champions Teleportation is just a flashy flight mechanic.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    I've been really inspired by this volunteer effort. I think they will make it work but even if they didn't, my money has been well spent just witnessing the passion, the ideas, the creativity and the heart that these folks have poured into the effort. /tips hat
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    "Champions Online has implemented something I mentioned back in our KS on PvP, and I thought of from watching LOTRO's Monster Play, where you get to play an epic supervillain on a rampage, for example. "

I'm saying this since the announcement, good to see someone else shares the view. As much as I loathe pvp, Onslaught is kinda fun, and LotRO's Troll / Ranger sessions were cool as well. This guy already gets a :+1: for that line :wink:

Grinnz said:
    Skuall said:
    We have differing degrees of opinion on that.
    Agree with @Grinnz (and also Blitz later), while CoH's teleport was the "textbook case" teleport, it was clunky, sometimes the loading added almost a sec or two, you were "out of the game" during that, etc. CO's one is almost as fast, while you're phased out you're still aware of the surroundings, and overall much easier to handle, hence it's more useful.

It was a general thing back then, at least imo: both games had pros and cons over each other, and travel power was CO's pro (besides Freeform, of course), every power was smoother, easier to handle and more useful. Especially superjump and jetpack, but regular flight was better too. Superspeed was a close tie, and then DCUO snatched that category's "best of" title, superspeed is awesome in DCUO - but of course they've put much more effort on that because of Flash.
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543
    Alverant said:
    whilan said:
    Yes it would be a douche move, but they don't care. If you're playing CoT then you're not playing one of their games. Despite how economists say competition is good, every company wants to crush any rival, real or perceived. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to shut down any CoH successors just to avoid looking like they made a mistake in closing the original.
    I know an easy way to make everyone forget closing down CoH was a bad move....bring it back! I'd even pay for it again.