Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate: London

lelulelu Member Posts: 29

Why isn't this game listed on this site?  It looks to be as MMO as GW or DDO.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this game.  The official website is horribly uninformed.  www.hellgatelondon.com  I want to know things like classes, races, etc.  Also, things like how death is handled, experience and basic mmorpg gameplay mechanics.  Is there a currency, things like that.

I downloaded the trailer and wow it's a very very well done trailer.  The game looks and sounds like it's going to be really good, but I can't find too much info about it.

Comments

• gunnythokgunnythok Member Posts: 268
    GW and DDO aren't mmos.  Truth is, they shouldn't be listed here either.
  • CrazyfoolCrazyfool Member Posts: 151

More than likely why it is not listed on this site is because:

A) not much info about it (still to early in developement?).

B) looks more like a FPS/TPS (looks like a Halo Clone).

C) It's not a MMORPG (I know GW and DDO are technically not a MMORPG, personally dont think they should be on here either).

I could be wrong though (and usually am), like you said there is little to no info on it.

• MoosemeMooseme Member Posts: 13
    Hahaha, Gungther from EVE... Remember me? Moose? Funny we see eachother on a barely related website to the game we've played together... Anyway thats all ive got to say

Snow-Cow

• MoosemeMooseme Member Posts: 13

Wait i do have somethin to say. Ive looked into this game for myself and i know quite a bit. It is a game made by the same people who made Diablo. From what i know it is going to have similar things in it. Also there is some sort of third-person view for mellee weapons. This game is going to be SWEET. It is not an mmo at all, nor a Halo clone. Besides no game can be a halo clone for Halo is a clone of games. HALO FRIKIN' SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

When i say same people i dont mean blizzard... I mean the actually developers not publishers. But this game is definitely worth watching... I very much expect an online mode for it. This game is very unique. Rarely do you find an RPG FPS game with a lvling system such as this. Other RPG FPSs are simple lvling and no where near as good as other game styles (such as tps or mmorpg). HALO SUCKS!!!

Snow-Cow

• Deathcrazy16Deathcrazy16 Member UncommonPosts: 22

I saw some scrennshots a whie back from this website is kinda like a fps with a diablo style twist

• ClayMeowClayMeow Member Posts: 6

Get a subscription to PCGamer. I learned of this game 6 months ago.

Anyways. It's as much an mmo as Diablo II is...in other words, it's not. (And yes, I agree with others that GW definitely shouldn't be on this site either as all GW is is Diablo II with an interactive graphical interface in lieu of battle.net)

Anyways, I don't have time to get into the specifics of Hellgate: London right now, as I have to run, but basically, if you ever got addicted to Diablo II (and who hasn't at some point?), then you'll want to get this game. If D2 was like a tobacco addiction, H:L will be like crack. It's got everything D2 has but improves upon it all with better graphics (aided by a first-person view) and randomization of zones (meaning you won't have to keep doing the same thing like Blood Runs, or Cow Runs, just to item hunt/level; everytime you load an area, it's completely randomized...terrain, enemies, etc etc. So basically it's D2 with real replayability.

If you want to know more, let me know, and I'll get out PCGamer article and give you some key points.