Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games

timmack10timmack10 Member Posts: 2

hey guys

what is better Dark Age of Camelot or Everquest?

and please be honest because im going to buy one and i want it to be the right one

Comments

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

nobody here can tell you whether you are going to like either of these games or not. Or which one you will like better.

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

They BOTH have trials, go see...But I played EQ for 4 years..Great great game, I played DAOC for about 6 months, and I still think its a good game. I sorta wish I could go play some DOAC right now to be quite honest =), I'd choose DAOC because of the unique realm and pvp system though.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    As someone posted earlier, take advantage of the trials & see which suits you fancy better.  EQ has a very valued combination package currently, Titanium, that has all the expansions except the Prophecy of Ro being released next month.  i believe DAoC has a similar combo. package.  DAoC focuses more on the PvP/RvR gaming where EQ only has 1 server exclusive for PvP now since server-mergers.  Play both trials & see which you enjoy most, i've never played DAoC & ust quit EQ recently.  Good luck with either you choose.  There's also other current MMOs & soon to be future MMOs to consider.
  • TithrielleTithrielle Member Posts: 547

I played both. EQ is better in the long run.

• QuickBOTQuickBOT Member Posts: 11
    Havnt tryed EQ yeat , but DAoC sux IMO...only bcos movement is damn screwd and interface sux too...but ive heard only good about DAoC . But all i need is good looking game with fps controls :P
  • IsendarIsendar Member Posts: 20

EQ

Pros:

-Has a longer history than most MMOs (Cept UO or M59).

-*Had* a huge subscriber base (More subscribers = more money can be devoted to production)

-Quests and lore made you feel like you were part of something bigger

-There's always new quests/new items to strive for

-Ability to PVP but not mandatory (Has no ripple affect on the world at large)

-11th expansion already out (Game is now extremely huge in world depth)

-Items and gear look powerful as opposed to most MMOs (Cept WoW)

-In depth story. Nearly impossible not to come across some form of history of Norrath or another

Cons:

-Game can feel repetitive (What game doesn't?)

-Finding groups can be a pain (Heard it's worse now then when I first quit)

-Hard to solo (You can but your limited to roughly 3 good soloing classes)

-Items, spells, and classes get nerfed quite a bit (Not sure if this happens alot in DAOC)

DAOC:

Pros:

-Game felt serious (Can be a con on the flip-side)

-Players seem more mature

-RVR (Realm vs Realm) is a kick-ass concept

-Arthurian legend was ever present

-Easy to solo, if you know what your doing

-Guilds are extremely friendly and seem more like families (My guild plvled me from level 8 - 28 in about a month and equipped me with the best gear for my level!!)

Cons:

-Everyone is pretty much doing RVR (Kinda sucks when you want to raid and stuff

-Balance of power can shift (When relics get stolen, you lose some extra stats that come with it)

-Game starts out very serious, and continues very serious until Trials of Atlantis

-Attempting to find places of interest for the first time is like finding a needle in a haystack

-Have to struggle to find any lore/history of the present world

-Weapons and armor feel plain (more authentic but plain) and look alike

-Can't buy horses = ( (In EQ you can)

-Very few people play for extended periods of time. Easy to pick up game and put down

All-in-all: Go with EQ. It's fun, it's more like fantasy, and I played it for roughly 5 years as opposed to 1 for DAOC. Planning on going back to EQ...never to DAOC...

-Isendar