Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rebel Galaxy - General Discussion

BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355
I've been following this game for just about 2 weeks now, and put it on my Steam Wish List, but I still have a few questions.

1.  Is the release date still for sometime in 2015?

2.  Are there any more beta tests scheduled?

3.  Any beta keys available?

4.  Is there an NDA in place, and if not, any testers willing to discuss their experience with the game?

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

I heard about this game from the Runic reveal article about Hob (which looks amazing). I am interested in this too, though not as much, especially after it sounded like the guys who left Runic ripped a bunch of the design stuff with them.

Article at Polygon.

will still check this out, as I though those guys had great ideas. 

• BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Still waiting to hear any new news about the game.  Not even anything from their FB page.  I have to guess it is in a Closed Beta with an NDA, otherwise there would be some chatter.

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    They posted on steam a few days ago they were close to being ready to release. I don't think there's been any more tests. I was in on the previous testing. It was a blast.
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    edited August 2015
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/290300

Check out the "Wherefore art thou..." post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/290300/

PC launch is tomorrow - October 20, 2015!!!  This was quite unexpected.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    This looks interesting ... couple of questions if anyone can actually answer:

1) Is there a single player campaign .. and is that good?

2) How much RPG elements are there?

3) How does combat feel? Is it more tactical, or more action oriented?

May be i will follow it on steam a bit and see how the reviews shape up. (Or heck, i can just buy it because now i can return games on steam).
    It is only single player

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    edited October 2015
    This looks interesting ... couple of questions if anyone can actually answer:

1) Is there a single player campaign .. and is that good?

2) How much RPG elements are there?

3) How does combat feel? Is it more tactical, or more action oriented?

May be i will follow it on steam a bit and see how the reviews shape up. (Or heck, i can just buy it because now i can return games on steam).

it seems it has story missions but the story is nothing special. that's as far as i researched cause i lost interest afterwards. it seems to be a great game for those that like to role play though (Han Solo Style) but i rather do that in a multi player game. personal preferences. i assume it's gonna turn into another Steam hit if it is optimized.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

Bluddwolf said:
    It is only single player
    yeah i saw that. In fact, i probably won't touch it if it is multi-player only. Now i am interested. 
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I might look into this.  I've been on a bit of a single player game kick lately.
  • Squadron24Squadron24 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Really looking forward to this one. Got a Firefly vibe somehow
    Enlist and reserve your name for Star Citizen/Squadron 42 with my referral link and get 5,000 free game credits   https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-RRVV-M5TH   (gives free stuff to both of us!)  B) 
    They do have a serenity inspired ship. However, Firefly is totally NOT about space battles.
    Downloading it now, very excited!!!  Going to unlock the achievement "a Pirate's Life " and "Skull and Crossbones" really early on, I hope.

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    That's the first thing I thought when I heard the music in the beginning. Looks interesting enough, may have to try this one.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    No movement through the Y axis. . . I think it could still be fun. . but less "free" feeling.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Yukmarc said:
    That's the first thing I thought when I heard the music in the beginning. Looks interesting enough, may have to try this one.

For under $20 you really can't go wrong.  I didn't have much time to really dig in tonight, but I enjoyed the time I did play it.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Bluddwolf said:
    Yukmarc said:

For under $20 you really can't go wrong.  I didn't have much time to really dig in tonight, but I enjoyed the time I did play it.
    I agree on the price and I have found I almost only play indie games now, they are fresh at least.  Maybe I will give this one a shot.  It has decent reviews but mostly it sounds like it is enjoyable.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Isn't it funny that the game discussed most positively here is a single player game?

May be MMOs should be more like single player games. 
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    edited October 2015
    Isn't it funny that the game discussed most positively here is a single player game?

As gamers, we all want some social interaction in our games but then we realize just how poorly people act when they can hide behind an avatar on the screen.  I think our online experiences would change considerably if the west implemented a system like Korea has and every gamer used their social security number or some other means people could use to track them down in real life. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Put a couple hours into this last night, feels a bit like Elite: Dangerous but more user friendly, plus there's an overarching main story to drive you towards accomplishing a specific goal.  I know some people don't like that, but I like having some kind of direction in the games I play rather than just wandering around and doing things without a specific purpose.
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    nbtscan said:
    Put a couple hours into this last night, feels a bit like Elite: Dangerous but more user friendly, plus there's an overarching main story to drive you towards accomplishing a specific goal.  I know some people don't like that, but I like having some kind of direction in the games I play rather than just wandering around and doing things without a specific purpose.
    What planet are you on son? feels a bit like ED roflmao
    Talonsin said:

As gamers, we all want some social interaction in our games   
    wait .. says who?

YOu do not speak for me. I don't want social interactions in my games. 
    I have to admit, part of the draw is that it is single player.  After over a decade of playing MMOs, almost exclusively (other than Elder Scrolls and Fallout) I'm pretty darn tired of people.
    Tiller