Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An MMO Like Guild Wars 1

LasnonLasnon Member UncommonPosts: 10
edited October 2015 in LFGame
Required

To be able reach max level in less then 9 hours without cheating just playing the main story quests(or no leveling).

Collecting alot of skills in order to build cool builds.

No RPG Stats like dexterity and strength.

Magic the gathering skill system.

Multiclassing.

Storyline that can be finished without frequent gaps between story sections.

Operational Requirements 

Customization ai companions and henchmen

Hypnotist class

PVP Only Characters

No required or kill 200 style grinding

Comments

• HaralinHaralin Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I think you, should modify your requirements, i cannot see a game on the market that can deliver this.
  • LasnonLasnon Member UncommonPosts: 10
    What about Guild Wars 2 ?
    My friend told me its not like guild wars 1 and that is everything a know about the mmo.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Lasnon said:
    What about Guild Wars 2 ?
    My friend told me its not like guild wars 1 and that is everything a know about the mmo.
    GW2 is free now so you can just jump in and see for yourself.

Also GW1 is no MMO but an instanced rpg with co-op.
    Of course that doesn't say anything about the quality of the game but there is a difference.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • LasnonLasnon Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited October 2015
    Guild Wars 1 is an enjoyable and non grinding,so its a really good mmo.
    Also corpg is a made up thing.
    Guild Wars 2 is free to play,that's sad and worrying.
    Guild Wars 1 is still buy to play and its older.
    Good games are like good wine they only get better. 
    Post edited by Lasnon on
  • TheeLordTheeLord Member UncommonPosts: 138
    @Lasnon sorry m8, GW1 is about the only MMO I know of like this.

Founder and Lead developer of Factions. The complete fantasy sandbox survival MMO.
    Factions indiedb Page (most up to date info) | Factions Website

Lasnon said:

Anet themselves said that GW1 was no MMO.
    Damn Devs making up things about their own games all the time!

I spent the last weeks on GW1 working on my HoM points and there were only few days when I didn't have the face the completely unreasonable hate of you GW1 players towards GW2.

It comes down to two "reasons":
    -GW2 isn't like GW1
    -GW2 made a lot of GW1 players leave

That's pretty much everything you guys base your hate on.

Additionally the wine anology is nonsense:
    Wine still ferments so if it's handled right and doesn't rot then it can become something for the acquired taste.
    Old games like GW1 are no longer worked on so without anything new to add to it the graphics and mechanics just feel a little more outdated each year.

If I'm wrong and if GW1 is just becoming better with each passing year then why are you even trying to leave it?

Harbinger of Fools
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Dakeru said:

The use of MMO is already so broadened (MOBAs, world of tanks, warframe, ...) that it really does not matter. Just call GW1 a MMO because it is convenient.
    Dakeru said:

The use of MMO is already so broadened (MOBAs, world of tanks, warframe, ...) that it really does not matter. Just call GW1 a MMO because it is convenient.
    But that's actually part of his problem. Anet didn't jump on the "Let's name everything MMO cause it's cool!" bandwagon - they just tried to do their own thing.
    If he could accept that GW1 is no MMO then he would find a lot of games working with co-op instances.
    Good games, I may add.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    Why do people get so caught up on the term MMO? To me standing in a hub town in WOW waiting for group finder to pop, is no different to standing in a hub town in GW1 waiting for group finder to pop. For all intents and purposes they are both MMOs. 
    Why do people get so caught up on the term MMO? To me standing in a hub town in WOW waiting for group finder to pop, is no different to standing in a hub town in GW1 waiting for group finder to pop. For all intents and purposes they are both MMOs. 
    Eventually cause he is the one making the distinction without knowing it?
    He calls GW1 a MMO and wonders why he can't find other MMOs like this.

Makes you wonder why, right?
    Harbinger of Fools
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I remember playing head to head console games like Gauntlet (Elf is about to die!!!) I wonder why there isn't more mmo's like them too?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• HighestHandHighestHand Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Wine does not get better with age. Wine has a peak age. Pinot Noir is 1-3 years, anything longer tastes like butts.. Cabernet Sauvignon is 3-10 years. No wine connoisseur wants to drink 3289 year old Pinot Noir. 
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    Wine does not get better with age. Wine has a peak age. Pinot Noir is 1-3 years, anything longer tastes like butts.. Cabernet Sauvignon is 3-10 years. No wine connoisseur wants to drink 3289 year old Pinot Noir. 
    You will be very surprised someone will drop $$$$$ for that bottle. Especially when conterfeit labelling of old and rare vintage wine is at an all time high.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    Dakeru said:
    Dakeru said:

But that's actually part of his problem. Anet didn't jump on the "Let's name everything MMO cause it's cool!" bandwagon - they just tried to do their own thing.
    If he could accept that GW1 is no MMO then he would find a lot of games working with co-op instances.
    Good games, I may add.
    Why is it a problem? Most players don't really care if those co-op instances games are MMOs or not .. but it is convenient just to call them so. 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lasnon said:
    Guild Wars 1 is an enjoyable and non grinding,so its a really good mmo.
    Guild Wars 2 is free to play,that's sad and worrying.
    Guild Wars 1 is still buy to play and its older.
    Good games are like good wine they only get better. 
    If good games are like good wine, shouldn't you still be playing GW1? lol
  • bambarezubambarezu Member UncommonPosts: 3
    edited October 2015
    GuildWars 2 not worth...(im sorry to say that, im not wow fan, or some kind of anti guildwars 2, im actually dont like wow...)
    ill explain.., a real gamer will understand, specially one player who played gw1 some years ago, GuildWars 1 was the best mmo game ever made, anet just killed the story with gw2 (guild wars 1 comunity disband, less than 10% are in guild wars 2, most of them left), the game play, the mechanics, the ambient, the sounds, the colors, contrasts, the story line, the mini movies, pve system, pvp, server system, chat, comunity (best ever), decent balance on skill, and many many other positive things, the music inside the game was smooth and relaxing, the character movment was perfect and smooth, there were no grey aliens races inside this game, just human look, fair pvp, no hacks, this game was very hard to cheat, there were no hacks in gw1 guildwars2 has nothing to do with guildwars1, guildwars2 is totally diferent from guildwars1, they should rename the game to Rift 2 or even world of warcraft 2 guildwars1 was unique in everything, was the alternative of world of warcraft, the ppl who not liked WoW, was playing GuildWars 1, and arenanet failed in creating GuildWars2 with "things" from WoW and other games, that make the game to not be "unique" anymore. just think that guildwars 1 have pvp for pros and pvp for noobs (easy pvp and hard pvp), im not going to talk much about the pvp because is to much to say, u had many pvp systems in this game, 4 vs 4 (Random Arenas and Team Arenas), 8 vs 8 heroes ascent (for pros and some pugs), and 8 vs 8 GvG clan versus clan (for pros), Alliance Battle for everyone (many girls liked to play AB in guildwars), farming pve in gw1 was amazing (rly nice pve), the ones who played this game some years ago know what im talking about, im talking about the thousands and thousands of build skills combinations, you were able to create your own build, your private build, your secret build, and go with your build to farm bosses, or mobs in diferent locations, the mechanics of the skills was unique and smooth, best skill system and game play, i tested all mmorpg games and GuildWars had the best game play, im refering to the skill system and activation mechanics, the skill engine, best, in all this years i didn't finded one, but one game wich can reach just the smoothesnes of character movment, camera, skill activation, and interaction of guild wars 1, i tested everything and all are epic fails, from aion to guildwars 2, tera and the "company", failed games with cheets, no endgame, no real pvp, failed pve, games wich stress u, point less stories, clueless, complicated games, made from wrong ideas GuildWars was that kind things wich are made simple, good and with everything. a game made in 2003 (or around that times), rly profesional, i bet blizzard with his billions of dolars wanted this game dead, because of envy... guildwars 2 ws not needed, they should continue deving guildwars1 same as world of warcraft, was the biggest mistake ever made, the fail of the decade, guildwars 2, they only have to improve graphs in gw1 and add some nicer features for example jump and some things and everything was ok, but not the entire game engine... because thats not guildwars anymore.. is not only you who not likes this crap with eyes! most of us, most of the gw1 players we never expected such fail, and the worse thing is that anet is paying to hide the ppl opinions, they flood the internet with counter opinions, paid opinion propaganda gw2 is wrong from all aspects, maybe it have nice graphs, but the other things are dry, races (why races ffs?! i dont like aliens) a human character will never look at an grey alien asura what gear have on it because hes not intrested..., skills, game play, no end game, failed pvp, failed pve, ...! anet u sold yourself to the evil masons from blizzard... and guys dont belive in the statistics they tell you, 90% are lies.., noone streams this game on twich.., the game is totally failed..
    GuildWars 2 was not needed, anet have to continue deving GuildWars 1 same how blizzard did with wow, they have to improove , update the game engine of GuildWars 1.
    GuildWars 2 is a game formed by casual players, wich are ppl who are not intrested in doing big things, creating events, many are lazy or tired retired elders from wow, sometimes i think that GuildWars 2 looks more like WoW than GuildWars 1....
    Arenanet made a huge mistake in abandoning GuildWars 1, many ppl from GuildWars never expected such „lost” with the project...
    I hope some game company buys GuildWars from anet.

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    paragraphs.
  • bullymaysbullymays Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Super Mario Brothers.

And FYI, more people play GW2 than GW1.  And it's not even close.

Grow up and learn to MMO or stick to 40 hour single player games.  9 hours to max level with no RPG, lol.

Zelda would be my second suggestion.
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    DMKano said:
    GW1 is the only match for what you are looking for.
    probably, except GW1 should never get the MMO tag because it really isn't one...lol
    Why is it a problem? Most players don't really care if those co-op instances games are MMOs or not .. but it is convenient just to call them so. 

Because if you google for the wrong thing you will find results you are not looking for.

@bambarezu
    Great example of the GW1 community: You create an account here just to write a massive chunk of nonsense and randomly placed commas with one big message behind it.

hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate,
    hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate,

Pathetic
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:

Because if you google for the wrong thing you will find results you are not looking for.

If you google the name of the game ... there is no wrong thing.

If you google MMO (and it is broadened), more stuff pop up .... i don't see the problem. There are so few old style MMO, it is not like players don't know the names of them. 
    If you google the name of the game ... there is no wrong thing.

If you google MMO (and it is broadened), more stuff pop up .... i don't see the problem. There are so few old style MMO, it is not like players don't know the names of them. 
    Did you even read the OP?

If he knew a name of a suitable game he would look for it.
    If searching for "MMO" brought any satisfactional results he wouldn't ask for advice here.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    edited October 2015

if he's searching for a game, can we get this thread moved into the LF game  

Post edited by eye_m on

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    edited October 2015
    ArenaNet calling GW 1 a CORPG doesn't change that the mechanics work literally the same as in any game calling itself MMO today. Especially with people rushing so they can do "endgame". Endgame in WoW, FF XIV etc. consist of doing instances. They are called "raids", and that word is supposed to somehow make them different. from other instances.. Whether a game actually has open world content is irrelevant at this point.

The frequent outposts of GW 1 lead to more socializing than running around in a open world, hoping nobody comes and kills the enemies you need.

And GW 2 is nothing like GW 1, regardless of it's population or other things. Unfortunately, i didn't come across a game similar to GW 1 yet, either.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

Duh..
    I am playing GW1 every day and it's a fantastic game. I am not calling it co-op rpg to trash talk it - I am making a point here that the op can google for "MMO" and he will likely find up to 500 hits?

But not a single one of those hits will be what he is really looking for.
    Harbinger of Fools