Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert is Incredible!

Comments

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    edited October 2015
    Agreed YashaX.

How many mmo's tried to force dungeons and raids down your throath to keep up and be competitive in both pve and pvp.

Just let me grind mobs and kill world bosses with my guild and declare guild wars for territory and city's.

So tired of mmo's that keep the same progression path with that carrot on a stick design and look around how they do....

Finaly an mmo that provides simple and effective progression.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    The game looks good and probably does offer some good gameplay, but I'm not looking at it with a B2P and a cash shop.
  • dplcafdplcaf Member UncommonPosts: 59
    I love this game in the KR/RU version but I'm so scared they are going to give B2P a bad name with this game in the west if they don't change a bunch of stuff.
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184

I will for sure be playing this. Hope it is as fun as it looks.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't see the game as amazing,not even in the least,i see the same old with a new skin and nothing more.
    Features?What exactly are players doing?Running around quest to quest and doing it with FAKE immersion breaking auto movement.
    A waypoint looks wrong,there should be no magical lines drawing in the game,it ia fake and as i said immersion breaking.The combat to me is just a cheap looking Mortal Kombat type system.Dodging looks bad and the casting is like SPAM,it doesn't even take the player any time to conjure up these spells,it is like she has a semi automatic rifle firing out spells,it looks dumb and typical of Asian game designs.

The problem with Asian games is they tend to typically look like an arcade game rather than a plausible role playing game.This game does a LOT that i do not want in my games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    I will try it and see.

Been playing B&S but I'm skeptical I'm not a very big pvp fan and it seems atm there is nothing to do at endgame but that. I like to pvp once in awhile but not as the only thing to do in game.
  • dplcafdplcaf Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Some of you that are uninformed should check out the crafting, housing , worker, ship/boat system, economy, trading, caravan, territory control, and so on features of this game if you think it's just another korean grinder with nothing at all to do but quest and grind.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    What's there to do in groups as a guild other than PVP? If my experience has taught me anything over the years it's that there probably isn't anything but i'd like to be corrected.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    bdo lef me down on pvp..

Game is nice tho..

But

- gearbased game with heavy RNG
    - not so many pvp elements ingame

doing the game thing over over again everyday gets boring fast.. ( farming stones)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Its a grinding game. You grind mobs non stop without quests from 50-60 (its the most cost effective way of leveling and making money) and get higher and higer gear to pvp with. Thats it. 
    Sold!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Sovrath said:
    Its a grinding game. You grind mobs non stop without quests from 50-60 (its the most cost effective way of leveling and making money) and get higher and higer gear to pvp with. Thats it. 
    Sold!
    My hope is none of the quests are needed to keep up. I would love to just explore and grind level 1-60 =-)
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Sovrath said:
    Sold!
    Sold here too, along with pet breeding, fishing, boats and access to housing.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Aori said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sold!
    My hope is none of the quests are needed to keep up. I would love to just explore and grind level 1-60 =-)
    This is very much me, it is why I gave up on Blade & Soul, way to much freaking questing and they have such a nice combat system too. 

I loathe questing, I do like epic style story quests but for everything else I wanna meander thru the world, sometimes plop down in a nice spot and just kill stuff. 
    I loved EQ1 style questing, where a quest would take months to finish and at the end you got the best weapon in the game for your class =-) But I am getting stick of kill 10 rats quest unless they happen while in the field and you pick them up by the area you are in and you need to run no where to hand them in. 
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    I think its safe to say that BDO is a heavy guild vs guild bases mmo.

There are not many of those mmo's out there and the one's that are have been on the market so long they are very out dated or closed their doors.

If you are in a good pvp guild that have active commanders  this mmo should offer alot of fun, but i can imagen that solo pvp players will get bored or even have no place in BDO as everything seems to be extremely focused on high end guilds.

ganking for profits like in Archeage or becomming an outlaw / pirate is not implemented or have such severe penalty's it aint worth doing.

And the buy to play is a great middle road as free to play is just a cancer to mmo's.
    If BDO will be similar to GW2 and that cash shop then its nothing but praise for this studio.

bdo lef me down on pvp..

Game is nice tho..

But

- gearbased game with heavy RNG
    - not so many pvp elements ingame

doing the game thing over over again everyday gets boring fast.. ( farming stones)
    Can you expand on how it let you down on pvp?

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Aori said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sold!
    This is very much me, it is why I gave up on Blade & Soul, way to much freaking questing and they have such a nice combat system too. 

I loathe questing, I do like epic style story quests but for everything else I wanna meander thru the world, sometimes plop down in a nice spot and just kill stuff. 
    I wouldn't mind quests so much if you didn't have to do them in order to be competitive and if they were more than run and kill 5 of something and run back. Reason I say "5" is that these quests have become relay races that require the bare minimum. I'd rather kill 27 of something because at least I'd be doing something.

Killing or collecting some small amount is conducive to players just running around more than actually doing anything.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Watch Dogs looked amazing also and revolutionary...I'll just wait til it's actually here and can be played.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Aori said:
    Sovrath said:

I wouldn't mind quests so much if you didn't have to do them in order to be competitive and if they were more than run and kill 5 of something and run back. Reason I say "5" is that these quests have become relay races that require the bare minimum. I'd rather kill 27 of something because at least I'd be doing something.

Killing or collecting some small amount is conducive to players just running around more than actually doing anything.
    I could handle questing like say, kill 10 boars. However if you get 200 boars, you get bonus xp/currency whatever.  I just hate running around for 15+ minutes and killing for only 2 minutes. Rinse repeat.

Don't understand why we can't have both, fields of xp worthy monsters and quests. One of the largest problems in MMOs now is the way mobs are spread so thin. 

I have a hope the string of MMOARPGs coming might give me what I'm looking for.
    I completely agree, that is my same stance. Mostly running and not doing anything is not fun.

I like the idea of bonus xp. Actually archeage does that.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

dont be too hyped kids and better watch this if you cant test game by yourself atm

"There's even a quest to go kill 50" and the guy is amazed by it..? I've spend 2 1/2 hours in Wall of Argos (Lineage II) to get 51 tokens from the monsters there. I've lost count on how many I killed but I think it's been over 400 for sure.

Also, the guy thinks that kill x mobs for a quest is different than just kill those same mobs for XP. Honestly, I don't see the difference there. With that, the remark that 80-90% of the quests are 'Kill 10 rats' is nothing new - most MMOs use these numbers just because they're so damn easy to implement.

"No Dungeons" - "No End-Game". Kinda the same goes for EVE online. It's also build as PvP oriented game with (very) limited PvE and close to no dungeons/bosses (unless you call WHs that ;p) It does make me a bit wary about this game though. I think it has a lot of potential (loved the production.trading part of EVE a lot), but the same I said about ArcheAge and look what has become of that one.

None the less though, I think I'll certainly grab Black Desert because of it's Buy2Play payment. That mostly gives a better gaming experience like those 'Free2Play' games where the most important features are locked behind a payment wall...
  • Walkyier70Walkyier70 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    This game is a total solo kill 10 mobs at a time over and over again,don't fall for the hype ......again.....I know it's a waste of breath (typing) saying this but me

>>> this exactly - its got archeage written all over it
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Reizla said:

dont be too hyped kids and better watch this if you cant test game by yourself atm

"There's even a quest to go kill 50" and the guy is amazed by it..? I've spend 2 1/2 hours in Wall of Argos (Lineage II) to get 51 tokens from the monsters there. I've lost count on how many I killed but I think it's been over 400 for sure.

Also, the guy thinks that kill x mobs for a quest is different than just kill those same mobs for XP. Honestly, I don't see the difference there. With that, the remark that 80-90% of the quests are 'Kill 10 rats' is nothing new - most MMOs use these numbers just because they're so damn easy to implement.

"No Dungeons" - "No End-Game". Kinda the same goes for EVE online. It's also build as PvP oriented game with (very) limited PvE and close to no dungeons/bosses (unless you call WHs that ;p) It does make me a bit wary about this game though. I think it has a lot of potential (loved the production.trading part of EVE a lot), but the same I said about ArcheAge and look what has become of that one.

None the less though, I think I'll certainly grab Black Desert because of it's Buy2Play payment. That mostly gives a better gaming experience like those 'Free2Play' games where the most important features are locked behind a payment wall...
    Sounds like a better looking TERA. Great combat, otherwise meh.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Watch Dogs looked amazing also and revolutionary...I'll just wait til it's actually here and can be played.
    You can play it, you're just not making any effort to play it.
  • LaurannLaurann Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Having played this on and off in the Korean alpha/beta I can HONESTLY say that if only archeage and BDO were the only two mmo's in existence - I'd play AA. Now thats sayiing something... Don't fall for the hype on this one. 
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    observer said:

If i could sum up BD, it's an open-world pvp game, with optional PvE questing and world bosses.

That sounds rather ordinary. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95
    ragz45 said:

You might want to actually read up on some of the actual reviews from US & European gamers.  The reviews the game is getting are less then stellar, far cry from incredible....

As far as the game being made for and marketed toward Asia & Russia, this is true.  But if you want to sell the game and have it be popular in the US and Europe.  As a company they need to realize that things will have to change drastically before it's ported over here.  If they are not willing to make drastic changes, making the game more acceptable for western audiences, they are better off saving their money and keeping it in Asia.

No, "westernizing" a game does not mean just localizing the language and changing the cash shop around a little either...

Trying to blame the Asian market for being incompetents? Not their fault you're level of casual is beyond comprehension. Too hard? Fail. Too much RNG? Fail. Too much grind? Fail. What you seek is a constant character progression with or no little challenge, a wow like mmorpg, to say the least. Boring, why don't you adapt already?

asdasdasd