Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Knights of the Fallen Empire, Where is the hype MMORPG.com?

2»

Comments

• NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:
    No hype here. It's just changes trying to wipe the mess of it's previous history from development, buyout and sell out to F2P. A complete history of bungled management.

Game is fun on many levels, disastrous on many others. They are trying to reshape the game into what it should have been but will never do so on it's terrible engine. I'm simply done with it is all.
    Hey 2011 would like their hater talking points back.  I would personally like to welcome you to 2015 where SWTOR has been one of the top western MMORPGS year after year in Revenue.  

Now that doesnt sound like a 'complete history of bungled management' to most people, only the people the OP was referring to.  Nice try though.  
    Where are you getting the revenue numbers compared to other MMOs year after year? 

I don't know where it ranks in revenue or profit.  I just wonder where you are getting data to back this claim up.
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/20/5920815/list-of-mmos-by-revenue-warcraft-old-republic

http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/11/perfect-ten-the-top-10-healthiest-live-mmos/

places like this....

And their financial reports compared to other games that release their reports. 
    The second link is useless.

The first link is interesting.  I did some research and the data is from 2013 though.  I don't know much about SuperData.  I also don't know where they get their info or how unbiased they are. 

If you have ever looked at a 10k or know much about business accounting you already know that getting information about specific games and how much companies actually make on any game is very difficult.  Moreover, not all companies have to follow the same rules, since not all MMOs are run by companies in the same region and under the same legal obligations. 
    Here is for part of 2014....also remember i said western MMORPGS....

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2014/10/swtor-revenues-climb-over-100-million-for-2014.html

"The latest report released covers January to September 2014 and looks at the top 10 MMOs by revenue for the year. While SWToR didn’t make the top 10, it still remains at a respectable no.12 with $106 million in revenue, right behind Elder Scrolls Online with $111 Million. Keeping in mind that Shadow of Revan is yet to be released, one would expect to see a significant increase over the last 3 months of the year."
  • NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    MysteryB said:
    SWTOR has one HUGE problem that this expansion wont address, the combat is old school WoW style MMO combat, its not fun, I have much more fun fighting in KOTOR because it was strategic, SWTOR isnt strategic or action its just a typical MMO combat system. Lack of AoEs make PvE not near as fun as it could be and with free games like Wildstar, Skyforge, Guild Wars 2 there is no reason to play this anymore.
       There's are many AoE classes in the game. Engi/Sabo are one, Powertech/Vanguard Pyro/Plasmatech . Sorc/Sage Lightning/Telekinetics can count as AoE class, with a 10s ICD proc on an AoE ability.

Most dot based specs have a dotspread implanted in their tree somewhere around 20-ish, so that can count as AoE in the most technical of terms.

All ranged classes have had an AoE ability (over)buffed with 3.0 to make levelling faster, and I think most classes have a 25% damage to AoE as Tier 1 utility.

Thats just to name a few.  

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I stayed away from this game until this year.  Finally enough gamer friends who know that I enjoy solo play and stories insisted that I really would have fun with the story part of the game and making alignment choices with my characters.

Long story short, I dabbled with a couple of characters and with this upcoming expansion, I thought it was time to sub to this game for the first time.  If you asked me a few years ago if I'd even consider subbing to a Star Wars game I would have laughed.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    NukeGamer said:
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:
    No hype here. It's just changes trying to wipe the mess of it's previous history from development, buyout and sell out to F2P. A complete history of bungled management.

Game is fun on many levels, disastrous on many others. They are trying to reshape the game into what it should have been but will never do so on it's terrible engine. I'm simply done with it is all.
    Hey 2011 would like their hater talking points back.  I would personally like to welcome you to 2015 where SWTOR has been one of the top western MMORPGS year after year in Revenue.  

Now that doesnt sound like a 'complete history of bungled management' to most people, only the people the OP was referring to.  Nice try though.  
    Where are you getting the revenue numbers compared to other MMOs year after year? 

I don't know where it ranks in revenue or profit.  I just wonder where you are getting data to back this claim up.
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/20/5920815/list-of-mmos-by-revenue-warcraft-old-republic

places like this....

The first link is interesting.  I did some research and the data is from 2013 though.  I don't know much about SuperData.  I also don't know where they get their info or how unbiased they are. 

If you have ever looked at a 10k or know much about business accounting you already know that getting information about specific games and how much companies actually make on any game is very difficult.  Moreover, not all companies have to follow the same rules, since not all MMOs are run by companies in the same region and under the same legal obligations. 
    Here is for part of 2014....also remember i said western MMORPGS....

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2014/10/swtor-revenues-climb-over-100-million-for-2014.html

"The latest report released covers January to September 2014 and looks at the top 10 MMOs by revenue for the year. While SWToR didn’t make the top 10, it still remains at a respectable no.12 with $106 million in revenue, right behind Elder Scrolls Online with $111 Million. Keeping in mind that Shadow of Revan is yet to be released, one would expect to see a significant increase over the last 3 months of the year."
    You keep quoting SuperData figures, if EA was really proud of their numbers, they'd publish them on their own, not by proxy.

Truth is no one really knows how well the game is doing financially, but they do keep releasing new content so at the end of the day that's all that really matters.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited October 2015
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:

Here is where they say the game made 165 million in 2012. There is no doubt they are pulling in a profit from the game. Still a lot of people in game (lot more than TESOTU has right now) so always easy to find a group. 

I think they are on right track finally with this expansion and giving it for free when you sub is only a big plus. 

Here is the link about the game, no doubt it is still popular and no way on the down hill.

http://www.requnix.com/star-wars-the-old-republic-review-2015

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited October 2015
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    MMOman101 said:
    NukeGamer said:
    Tamanous said:

places like this....

Superdata gets its info from same place like you and me.

In fact i recently checked their site and all those blogs with those numbers were removed, probably out of embarrasment how badly they (miss)estimated. They even got revenues for games that release revenues WRONG lol. And all they had to do was look at official reports.

But this isnt only "analyst company" that releases wrong estimates even if official numbers are easily obtainable. Just speaks about credibility and "reliability"

I already asked mods, couple of times, to remove posts with superdata just like they did with xfire a while back.
    Post edited by Malabooga on