Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription at lower levels

AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
Simple question really - is it worth subscribing if you're starting out with the game?

I've only played a little since it originally launched and my max level character is maybe 10 or so. I'm thinking of starting afresh. I already have a horse from the imperial thing, so I don't need to buy a mount.

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Not really, unless you want instant access to the DLC as it comes out.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Distopia said:
    Not really, unless you want instant access to the DLC as it comes out.
    What level do you think it becomes worth considering?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Well the IC (imperial city dlc) is available from level 10 on, but that is more or less PVP focused. If that's your thing, it depends on when you'd want to get that. The next DLC is available to all levels. WHen it releases, it's basically a matter of when you'd want to play it.

All I can really say is, you won't be hurting for content without subbing for DLC for quite some time. You have plenty to do and see.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    if you need crowns for anything then sub.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Sub is a pretty good deal. You get 1500 crowns per month. Plus the 10% XP is nice. Like they said though you don't need to. If you are a casual quester it will take you awhile before you want to think about DLCs.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The game as was played by everyone for a year is all there without a sub or DLC. The DLCs become available at level 10 and you get bolstered to their level. But that's just if you're really eager and can't wait since you only get to use the skills you have unlocked by level 10 and that won't be many.

Having said that, PvPing from level 10 to level 50 in the non-veteran campaign can be a blast and an extra challenge if you go there as a lowbee. I've done that with several builds and IMHO, Nightblades can do this better than other classes because they unlock some key PVP skills quite early (e.g. the ability to self-purge cheaply which comes in very handy when you get hit with a fire balista) 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I was actually wondering about this myself. Thanks for the information.
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I probably wouldn't do pvp for a while. I've played the game a bit across a couple of characters but only at lower levels. I'd probably want to get one to max level first.

Since I've got a horse already I guess there isn't much I'd want/need from the store. I have a couple of pets back from when I subbed in the original game.

I guess it's quite nice that you can play the game without any real bonuses from subbing.